Red Lips

A Collection of JongYoon Stories

Just a short one-shot about Jonghyun and Yoona I made for all my readers and supporters (:

The story is about them as college students meeting each other by fate.

 

 

 

 

"Good morning son!" Mrs. Lee, mother of Lee Jonghyun, said as she saw her son collapse on the couch in the living room.

 

"Breakfast is over here in the kitchen Jonghyun-ah!" Mr. Lee, father of Lee Jonghyun, said while laughing.

 

"What's today's menu?" the tired Jonghyun asked as he struggled to get up from the couch.

 

"Pancakes and coffee." his mother replied from the kitchen.

 

"Of course. The usual." Jonghyun muttered under his own breath in disgust.

 

He walked over to the kitchen after he finally got up from the couch.

 

"Wow. How does your hair manage to look so fine in the morning?" his father asked in amazement.

 

"I know right. You should look at your father's hair in the morning. A complete mess." his mother said as she let out a chuckle.

 

After eating his usual breakfast, Jonghyun went back to his room and got dressed in casual attire to attend school. 

 

"Leaving already?" his father asked.

 

"Yup." Jonghyun replied as he bid his parents goodbye.

 

After tying his shoes, he left the house and was on his way to the bus stop.

 

"You know sometimes, I wonder when our son will get a girlfriend. He's already three years into college." his mother said quietly.

 

"Well, he's not gay, that's for sure. He's had 3 girlfriends already." his father said.

 

"That was when he was in elementary school. I wouldn't count that..."

 

"Why don't you set him up on a blind date then?"

 

"With who, though?"

 

"My colleague at my workplace has a daughter his exact same age. I heard she's extremely pretty, but more importantly she has a good personality as well."

 

"Well, try setting them up then." his mother said as she got up to wash the dish that her son ate from.

 

"Should we?" 

 

"Why not?"

 

"Alright. I'll talk with him at work today." his optimistic father said with a smile.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Good morning Yoona!" Mr. Im exclaimed as he saw his daughter join him in the kitchen.

 

"Morning Dad." Yoona replied curtly.

 

Her dad knew that she cried herself to sleep last night, judging by her eyes.

 

"Did you break up with your boyfriend last night?" her father asked, a question that he seemingly asked every week.

 

Yoona nodded as she applied jam to her toast.

 

"Of course you did. How many boyfriends have you had now?"

 

"14."

 

"14!?"

 

"The more people I date, the more chances I get to find my match."

 

"It takes a while for people to find their match." he said. "Now I would have no problem if all 14 of those guys had great personalities and were good to you, but all 14 of your boyfriends are complete jerks."

 

"Don't say that dad..." 

 

"It's true."

 

"Yeah. It is." Yoona agreed as she finished up her breakfast.

 

"Why don't you try waiting and date someone who's good looking and has a good personality instead of dating only good looking people?"

 

"I'll try." Yoona said as she left the house.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jonghyun claimed the last seat on the bus and he was glad he did since he could comfortable rest his head and sleep. And that was obviously easier than trying to sleep while standing up.

 

After picking up Jonghyun, the bus continued to go on its daily morning route. As it stopped at a bus stop, it picked up Yoona and continued to go on.

 

After realizing the bus just stopped and then continued, he feared that he overslept and that the bus passed where he was supposed to get off.

 

 

 

Meanwhile on the bus, Yoona realized that there were no remaining seats on the bus. Upon seeing Jonghyun, she purposely stood next to him because of his good looks. She continued to stare at him until he opened his eyes wide in shock all of a sudden. She found it weird, but at the same time she thought it was cute.

 

"Which stop is this?" Jonghyun asked Yoona.

 

"I can tell you're a college student. Do you go to Korea National University of Arts?" she asked back.

 

Jonghyun nodded with one eye open.

 

"Me too! But anyways, don't worry, there's still 3 more stops until we get there. I'll wake you up so you can go back to sleep." Yoona said with a smile on her face.

 

"Oh okay. Thank you!" he replied.

 

He immediately closed his eyes but about 10 seconds into his sleep, he woke up again and stared at Yoona. Yoona, who was staring at him earlier, tilted her head in confusion.

 

"You should take my seat."

 

"No, it's okay." Yoona said as she tried to prevent Jonghyun from getting off his seat.

 

"Take it. I'll be fine." Jonghyun said as he flashed off his dimples which made Yoona's heart beat a bit faster.

 

"Are you sure?" Yoona asked as she stared at his handsome face from up close since he stood up.

 

Jonghyun gave her a thumbs up and lightly pushed her down so that she could sit.

 

"Thanks." she said as she flashed her killer smile which made Jonghyun's heart beat a bit faster.

 

Upon switching their places on the bus, they immediately closed their eyes and tried to go back to sleep. It worked for Yoona, but not for Jonghyun.

 

"Wait. If she sleeps, then who's going to wake me up? Urgh, that means I can't sleep." Jonghyun thought.

 

He turned his head to the left and saw Yoona's face from up close. After staring at her for a while, he noticed how truly beautiful she was. Long, wavy hair, clean and pure skin, pretty eyes, kissable lips..., Jonghyun shook his head at the thought. "I shouldn't be thinking these things."

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Wake up, miss." Jonghyun said as he nudged Yoona.

 

"Huh?"

 

"We're here."

 

"Oh."

 

The two got off the bus and started their short walk to the campus. But then all of a sudden, Jonghyun felt something on his head.

 

"Oh? It's snowing." he said as he looked up.

 

"Wow... The first snow of the winter." Yoona said as she laid out her hand.

 

"I wish I had a girlfriend to make a wish with."

(In Korean culture, if you watch the first snowfall with your boyfriend or girlfriend, your wish will come true.)

 

"You don't have a girlfriend?" she asked in surprise.

 

"Nope." he said as they continued to walk.

 

"But you're nice and handsome. I surely thought that you would have a girlfriend."

 

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Jonghyun asked suddenly.

 

Yoona was drawn aback by his sudden question.

 

"No, why?"

 

"See. You're nice and pretty but you don't have a boyfriend. Not all people who deserve a girlfriend or boyfriend have one. It takes a while for people to find their match."

 

She smiled at his comments, which was similar to what her dad said.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"What's your name by the way?" Yoona asked when it came time for them to separate.

 

"Lee Jonghyun." 

 

"Im Yoona." she said as they shook hands. "Nice meeting you today." she said with a bright smile.

 

"Same." he said as he flashed back his dimple smile.

 

 

 

 

After Jonghyun finished his classes, he went outside to find out that the snow had piled up, which meant that the bus would no longer be in service. He made a small snowball and then threw it back at the ground in frustration since it meant that he would have to walk back to his house.

 

"If only I could walk with Yoona, then this walk would be much better." he thought.

 

And as if on cue, a snowball hit him in the back.

 

"Wait for me!" Yoona exclaimed like a child as she ran in the snow to catch up with her new friend.

 

Jonghyun could only smile as she saw her struggling to run in the snow.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The two continued their walk in the snow and surprisingly kept a conversation going non-stop throughout the whole walk. From a normal person's view, it would look like two people constantly flirting with each other, but to Jonghyun and Yoona, they were in their own world, having fun and getting to know each other better.

 

They eventually got close enough to the point where they exchanged numbers.

 

"Thank goodness for the snow." Jonghyun said as they were nearing Yoona's house. Since her house was on the way to his house, he decided to walk her there.

 

"Why?"

 

"If there was no snow, then I wouldn't have the opportunity to walk with you."

 

"Yeah I'm thankful for the snow too. It's the main reason why we became closer." she said.

 

"How about we hangout some other time?" he asked.

 

"Is this your way of asking me on a date?" Yoona asked as a joke, but that's not how Jonghyun took it.

 

"Yeah." he boldly said, instead of trying to clear up any misunderstandings.

 

"Well, I don't mind." she said while staring into his eyes.

 

Jonghyun smiled and told her to go into her house. He was on his way to his own house when he heard Yoona call out from behind.

 

"Wait!" Yoona said as she struggled to run in the snow. Since the snow was so thick, she tripped... and her lips landed right on Jonghyun's as she fell down. 

 

Jonghyun helped her get up in the midst of their awkward silence.

 

"Uhh. Nevermind." she said and started running back to her house.

 

Jonghyun chuckled to himself as he started walking to his house.

 

"Thank goodness for the snow." he thought since it was the main reason she tripped and ultimately kissed him.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"I saw you were walking with another guy." Yoona's dad said when he saw her daughter walk in the door.

 

"Don't worry dad. Not only is he good looking, but he has a good personality as well!" she said.

 

"Well, I'm glad that you met someone like that, but too bad I set you up on a blind date with someone that is good looking and has a good personality as well."

 

"Wait, what?"

 

"I thought it would be good for me to introduce you to guys with good personalities. I'm tired of guys treating my daughter bad."

 

"But dad, I just met a guy with a good personality today!"

 

"Just go on the blind date and tell me what you think of him. It's at 5 so get ready."

 

"Alright dad..." Yoona said.

 

She didn't really want to go because even though she just met Jonghyun, the way they connected and matched each other made her believe that he was the right guy. But she knew that she couldn't say no to her dad so she decided to go to the blind date.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Welcome home- why do you have lipstick on your lips?" Jonghyun's father asked when he got home.

 

"The day he gets kissed by a girl is the day we set you up on a blind date." her mother comments as she shook her head.

 

"Wait what?" Jonghyun asked in confusion.

 

"She's a beautiful girl with a good personality. She's your dad's friend's daughter." his father said.

 

"The blind date is at the restaraunt near your dad's workplace. Since the public transportation isn't working because of the snow, you have to go right now. Have fun!" his mother said as she pushed him out the door.

 

Jonghyun was speechless the whole time but he started walking anyway. Once he got to the restauraunt, he noticed Yoona sitting alone. Judging by the fact that no one else in the restauraunt sat alone, he realized that his parents set him up on a date with Yoona!

 

"So you must be my date." Jonghyun said, shocking Yoona.

 

No words came out of in shock and instead only laughter came out.

 

"No.. way.."

 

"We must be fate." Jonghyun said with a wink.

 

"I guess our date started much more earlier than what both of us expected."

 

Jonghyun nodded. He looked around the table and noticed flowers in a vase. He pulled one out and handed it to her.

 

"Since the atmosphere is right... I wanted to ask you a question. Although I've only known you for one day, it seems as if I've known you for more than that. For some reason, my heart keeps beating faster when you're around. And you're the first girl that I've ever felt this special connection with...

 

"Just ask it already." an impatient Yoona said as she grinned.

 

"Want to become my girlfriend?"

 

"I'd be glad to." she said with a bright smile. "Oh, and by the way, nice lips."

 

"Thanks." he replied as he chuckled.

 

"It wouldn't hurt if I made them more red, would it?"

 

"Nope." he grinned.

 

And just like that, Yoona leaned in and the new couple shared their first "official" kiss.

 

"If only we dated earlier, then we could have made a wish together when the snow fell today." Jonghyun said.

 

"But my wish already came true."

 

"What was it?"

 

"To find my match."