A Clean Slate #1

A Collection of JongYoon Stories

(The only members present are Tiffany, Seohyun, Yoona. Let's just pretend that the rest are at a schedule.)

Italics refers to someone's inner thoughts or their dreams.

 

Seohyun observed the sleeping Yoona next to her while Tiffany was in the kitchen. Tiffany came back with a small snack in her hand and started munching on it as she sat next to Yoona on the couch. (Seohyun, Yoona, Tiffany were on the couch, in that order)

 

Having known Yoona for half her life, Seohyun knew right away that she wasn't in a good mood. But then again, it always seemed like she was in a bad mood ever since her breakup with Lee SeungGi. And it wasn't that hard to notice. Her eye bags darkened tremendously and her beautiful smile rarely appeared. On filming sets, she would usually carry a bright smile as she happily greeted everyone on set like a kid. But after her breakup, she wasn't the same. She still acted like a kid around the set though…., a kid who was lost. When she arrived on set, she acted like she didn't know where to go because she stayed in one place, all alone by herself. She rarely greeted anyone, and rumors about how arrogant she was surfaced. Rumors about how she was also a player also surfaced; these rumors were caused by antis of SNSD who took the opportunity to bash her after the news that she broke up with SeungGi appeared online.

 

Needless to say, life for Yoona. Her once glittering eyes lost its glitter. Her once bright personality lost its brightness. Seohyun could see all that, but she couldn't do anything about it.

 

"Maybe if she watches 'Running Man' she will start laughing again. After all, it is the funniest program on TV." Seohyun thought to herself as she realized that Running Man was about to start in 5 minutes.

 

 

 

 

"Why am I here?" Yoona asked as she stepped foot into the office of Kim Young-min, the new CEO of SM, who replaced Lee Soo-Man.

 

"We have just received word that 2NE1 is going to release their comeback on the same date as us."

 

"Oh." Yoona said.

 

"In order to get the extra advantage, we will create scandals."

 

"Like?"

 

"A scandal about you and Lee SeungGi spotted dating."

 

"What? I have a boyfriend right now." she said with anger in her voice.

 

"You're the nations goddess, you can always get a boyfriend."

 

"Jonghyun is one of a kind." she argued back. "What good will do this anyway? This scandal can easily cause us to have more haters."

 

"No, I highly doubt it. Lee Seung-gi, a perfect man, and you, a perfect girl, together in a relationship? Do you know how many people will support you two? All the netizens will comment, 'Oh, what a match made in heaven.' I can imagine it in my head already." Kim Young-Min said with a laugh.

 

"I feel bad for Lee Seung-gi. Why does he have to be a part of this?'

 

"Stop making excuses. Will you accept it or not? You know the things I can do if you reject, so let's just say that you're going to have to accept it."

 

"Fine. I'll do it, but only under one condition. I can continue to date Jonghyun."

 

"What? Heck no! If you two get caught somehow, it will destroy our reputation as a company, and destroy yours as well. The public will immediately find out about our plan."

 

"I hate how you're denying me of spending time with my true love. If this was Mr. Lee Soo Man, he wouldn't have done anything like this to any one of our SNSD members." Yoona said while staring him in the eye.

 

"But I'm Kim Young Min and he's Lee Soo Man. We're different. There is a reason he appointed me as the CEO. I'm all about business, I don't care about other people's feelings." he said.

 

"You're cruel."

 

"I can show you how cruel I can be if you don't agree to the deal." he said with a grin.

 

"Fine. Not like I have a choice anyways." Yoona said as she walked out the door.

 

Yoona woke up from her sleep as she struggled to open her eyes wide.

 

"Did you have a good sleep?" Tiffany asked.

 

Yoona shook her head.

 

"Of course you didn't. You haven't been the same ever since you broke up with Jonghyun to start dating Lee SeungGi."

 

"Unnie, don't mention that to her." Seohyun said.

 

"Sorry. Anyways Yoona, you should watch Running Man with us, it's starting soon."

 

"Alright..." Yoona mumbled.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Where's hyung?" Jungshin asked as he saw an unoccupied seat on the sofa.

 

"Sleeping." Minhyuk responded.

 

"Of course he is." Jungshin said with a smile.

 

"Go wake him up." Yonghwa said. "Running Man is starting in a few minutes."

 

"Sorry. We're breaking up. I wish I could explain why. It's complicated. I can't tell anyone about it, not even you. Things are going to be rough for me. You'll be surprised when you check the news this week. But don't be discouraged. It'll be hard to tell you when you see it, but please, wait for me."

 

Jonghyun woke up in the middle of his nightmare and saw Jungshin staring at him.

 

"It was about Yoona again, wasn't it? C'mon hyung. Stop thinking about things that will make you sad. Let's watch Running Man. After all, we're on it." Jungshin said with a grin as he dragged Jonghyun out of his room.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Heh. Running Man band." Tiffany commented as she saw the intro to the episode. "It would be perfect if CNBLUE or FTISLAND appeared."

 

Just as she said that, CNBLUE made their appearance on Running Man and started singing "I'm Sorry". All three girls had their mouths to the floor in shock as they saw them. 

 

Tiffany was shocked that her own prediction came true. Seohyun was shocked because she wanted Yoona to watch Running Man so that she could have a good laugh for the first time in a while, but her plan ended up backfiring. And Yoona was shocked because of the lyrics in "I'm Sorry" reminded her of Jonghyun.

 

Your last words, those cold words were

I’m sorry (I’m sorry) I’m sorry (I’m sorry)

You said you loved me, you said I’m the only one for you oh but they were all lies

Your words of farewell, your bold words were

I’m sorry (I’m sorry) You tell me sorry (you tell me sorry)

 

"Sorry Yoona. I didn't know that they would appear." Seohyun said.

 

"It's okay. I miss him anyways. It's been a long time since I last saw his face." Yoona said as she focused on the TV.

 

"Wait, you miss him?" Tiffany asked.

 

"What's wrong with that?" she retorted.

 

Seohyun and Tiffany exchanged glances. They both understood that it was best for them to not question Yoona and to let her be.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Wake me up when we switch locations. All we do here is eat anyways." Jonghyun said as he watched the opening activity for Running Man. He then rested his head on Yonghwa's lap, while putting his feet on Minhyuk. 

 

Jonghyun's first dream/nightmare appeared five minutes into his sleep.

 

"Why don't you call her yourself?" Yonghwa asked.

 

"The SM executives check up on Yoona's call history 24/7. There's no way."

 

"Call the other SNSD members."

 

"Hmm. I'll try." Jonghyun said as he dialed Taeyeon's number.

 

Jonghyun sighed in relief as he heard the leader answer the phone.

 

"Hi noona."

 

"You called me to ask about Yoona right?" Taeyeon sighed. "Just tell me what's on your mind. I don't know if I can help, but I will try."

 

"Why did she break up with me? She told me that she was going to explain, but she never did." he said immediately as she picked up his call.

 

Taeyeon wanted to help her friend, but she knew that she couldn't.

 

"We can't tell anyone. I'm sorry." Taeyeon said over the phone.

 

"Ugh. No one will tell me." Jonghyun said in frustration.

 

"Wake up hyung, here's the fun part!" Minhyuk said as he shook Jonghyun.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Later that day.

 

"Seohyun-ah, where's everyone?" Taeyeon asked when returned to the dorm.

 

"Tiffany went out to go buy some groceries. And Yoona is in her room."

 

"What's she doing?"

 

"Probably crying her eyes out."

 

"Why?"

 

"She watched the Running Man episode with CNBLUE in it."

 

Taeyeon immediately connected the dots.

 

"And after seeing his face, she misses him." 

 

Seohyun nodded her head.

 

"What if Yonghwa suddenly broke up with you and then went out with a girl the next week without providing an explanation." 

 

"That would be hard." Seohyun replied. "But still, she promised him that she would explain right after she broke up with SeungGi oppa. It's been a week since their breakup, yet she still hasn't talked to him."

 

"It's probably because she's scared."

 

"Of what?"

 

"That he might have moved on. She doesn't want to verify it." Taeyeon paused and took a deep breath. "I remember him calling me everyday to find out if Yoona and Seunggi oppa broke up. But then he suddenly stopped." Taeyeon said. "That's when I knew he might have lost feelings for her."

 

 

 

 

 

 

After taking a nice, long bath to try and temporarily forget about all her problems, she quickly dressed herself up and began to blow dry her hair. Once she finished, she set the hair dryer down and looked at her reflection in the mirror. Upon doing so, she gasped when she almost couldn't realize her own reflection. "Why do I look…. so different?" she asked herself.

 

After recovering from her shock, she sat near the window and stared at the moonlight while hugging her knees. "This can't go on anymore. I have to at least try and explain everything.  Even if he doesn't believe me, I will be alright since he at least heard my story. If he doesn't want to start over with me, I promise that I will not cry. I promise I will move on. I promise I will not be hurt… because things can't get any worse than this."