Our Great Escape #1

A Collection of JongYoon Stories

I took my guitar, put it in my case, and headed out the door. I had plans of performing in the streets and maybe earn a bit of money. But I had no plans of where I was going to go. Well, that was a bit of a lie. I did know where I was going to go. Somewhere in Seoul where there was a decent amount of people was what I was looking for.

 

 

Since my apartment is in Seoul, it didn't take a long time for me to walk around the city and find a good spot to play.

 

 

"Don't call me for a mission unless it's an emergency. I'm going to be busy for a few hours." I texted to my boss.

 

 

Did the word 'mission' catch your eye? I work for an agency called FNC. To keep it short, my job is to hunt down people associated with mafias. I've lost track of the number of people I killed so it's safe to say that I do a pretty good job at it. But the funny thing is, I hate this job. 

 

 

So why did I start working for the agency in the first place? Well, the answer to that is simple. My parents died in a car crash when I was seven. They were in the front seats and took most of the impact. The impact of the crash was still strong enough to eject me out of the car. I found myself in the middle of the road before I out. 

 

 

When I woke up, I saw the face of my boss today, Mr. Han. We were in FNC's headquarters and that's when he explained to me everything about his agency and what the people in the agency do. He then told me that I could live in his house for a few years until I'm old enough to live in a house by myself, which he would provide as well. He would also provide me with food and clothes and other basic things. The only thing I would have to do in return is to train to become an agent until I'm good enough to start taking on missions. 

 

 

And so of course, I chose to accept. I regretted that decision. But I had no choice. I was seven years old and there was no way I could possibly live by myself.

 

 

Anyways, for ten years, I lived with Mr. Han. He tried his best to become a father figure to me. I really appreciated it, but I made sure not to establish that deep of a bond with him. I knew that one day I would leave him. I didn't know when, but I was always preparing.

 

 

You might be wondering, 'Why is this guy going out in the streets to play the guitar when he works for an agency? When does he have time to play/practice the guitar?'

 

 

Well, it was a gift for me by Mr. Han when I turned ten years old. It was really stupid of him to give me a gift that I would never get to use. For seven years, I never laid my hands on the guitar since I was training every second I was awake.

 

 

But when my training period of ten years was over, Mr. Han allowed me to leave his house and to live in an apartment by myself. After packing up most of my belongings, I found the guitar hidden in my closet and brought it with me even though I didn't know how to play it.

 

 

Eventually, I started teaching myself how to play it because of the crazy amount of free time that I had. I was bored and this was the only way to kill time. You see, I don't always go around and kill people. Also, I don't even attend school like most people my age. Furthermore, I didn't have to train every second of the day. So for three years, I've been doing nothing but playing the guitar. And eating. And sleeping. And sometimes killing.

 

 

Mr. Han got mad at me one time when I couldn't even hold a gun since my fingers hurt too much after playing the guitar for nine hours. Heh.

 

 

 

__________

 

 

 

"Yoona! Where are you going?" my stepmom asked after I walked downstairs into the living room.

 

 

"I just want to go outside and walk around and maybe find something good to eat." I replied to her.

 

 

"Make sure to cover up your face with the mask."

 

 

"Of course." I said.

 

 

I gave my stepmom a quick goodbye and stepped outside of the mansion.

 

 

I hated living this life. Sure, I might live in a mansion and I might be the daughter of one of the richest men in Korea (he's the boss of SM, the most powerful mafia in Korea). But, I still hated living this life. I wanted to live a life where I could go to school and have friends and basically live life like a normal person instead of having to be stuck in a mansion 24/7. Also, I wanted to fall in love with somebody. My father always prevented me from having a relationship. He feared that somebody would use me to become his heir. 

 

 

You know why else I'm so dissatisfied with my life? I don't even have any 'real' parents. My father doesn't even treat me as if I'm his daughter. Each day he comes inside the mansion and ignores me. Why? Well, there's a guy named 'The Shadow' that works for an agency called FNC. Basically, his job is to kill people associated with mafias. He does a pretty good job at it and it makes my father go crazy. That's why he's always in such a bad mood whenever he comes home. My dad has tried to kill 'The Shadow' by hiring people but that never seems to work. Nobody has seen what he looks like because he covers up his face when he's on a mission. Also, it's almost impossible to catch him because he's as quick as lightning. That combined with the fact that he wears all black on his missions makes him look like a shadow, hence the nickname. Rumor has it that he's actually known as 'Agent Burning' in FNC. But other than that, there isn't much that people in SM know about him.

 

 

And as for my mother, she got killed by someone in FNC a long time ago. I was about two years old when this happened so I don't have any real memories of my mom. 

 

 

My stepmom has done an okay job of acting like a mother to me. She isn't like a typical stepmom in a drama. She's actually an okay person. It's just that we're still a bit awkward around each other so we don't talk all that often.

 

 

 

 

__________

 

 

 

I took out my guitar and started playing. As luck would have it, snow was starting to fall a bit. It wasn't too much. Just enough to look like a scene from a movie. You know, those romantic scenes. Anyways, not a lot of people paid attention to me. Most of them just passed by me without giving me a look. Occasionally someone would drop some coins in my little bucket.

 

 

About an hour passed and I seriously considered just packing up my things and heading back to my apartment. Snow was falling harder now and the crowd of people that were here earlier disappeared. There were a few people passing by me but most of them seemed to be in a rush to get to the subways. They probably expected some snow storm to come.

 

 

Thirty minutes later, it was mostly quiet on the streets. Except for the occasional footsteps, my guitar was the loudest source of sound.

 

 

I heard the laughter of a girl because of this reduced noise in the streets. I wondered for a quick moment as to why she was laughing. What was so funny? And then I realized that this girl that looked around my age seemed to be seeing snow for the first time. Or maybe she just really, really, really liked snow. In any case, her mask (she probably wore it because it was cold outside) was off and she stuck her tongue out, trying to taste the snow. She was having a very good time and I was a bit envious of her.

 

 

I ignored the sight after a while and continued to play my guitar. About a few seconds later, I was curious to see where the girl went since I didn't hear her laughing anymore. I looked up and saw her staring at me with such a blank face.  She seemed as if she was hearing the sound of a guitar for the first time. In any case, I was so happy that someone paid attention to me. She was the first to do so and I felt so grateful. I gave her a smile and surprisingly, she smiled back. 

 

 

She watched and heard me play the guitar for a few minutes and then she waved her hand. At first, I felt a bit sad that she had to go but I tried to put up the best smile I could and waved a goodbye as well. She put her mask back on and walked away.

 

 

I continued staring at her until I noticed two people following her. I didn't feel good about this so I put my guitar in the case and quickly chased after her.

 

 

__________

 

 

 

After my little encounter with the handsome guy who played the guitar, I walked away and I realized that there were two people following me.

 

 

I ignored it at first, but then I sped up my walking as they continued to follow me. Then, I really felt scared so I started running and they started chasing after me. I saw that there was an opening to the left and that's where I entered. My heart dropped when I realized that it was a dead end. I turned around and noticed an evil smirk on the faces of the two people.

 

 

"You're pretty fast, Im Yoona." the first guy chuckled.

 

 

"Who are you two? And how do you know my name?" I asked. I continued to back up as they were approaching me.

 

 

"It's pretty easy to recognize you when you don't have your mask on." the second guy said.

 

 

"You're so stupid. Why would you take off your mask? Don't you know that you're the daughter of the boss of SM? But whatever. Your stupidity can earn us a lot of money. I wonder how much your father would pay us if he found out that we held you hostage." the first guy said.

 

 

"Don't touch me. I will make sure to get revenge on you two." I said to scare them off.

 

 

They then started using force on me and I tried my best to resist.

 

 

"Oooh, pretty girl is resisting. I guess it's time to use more force."

 

 

They did just that and I closed my eyes in pain. However, that pain lasted only for a few seconds. My eyes were still shut but I heard the two guys grunting and the heavy breathing of a third person.

 

 

"Not so fast." the unknown person said.

 

 

I finally opened my eyes.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Just the first chapter of a two chaptered story. I might write more if readers request a sequel.

 

If the chapter confuses you at all, please make sure to ask in the comments! I will make sure to respond. :)

 

P.S. Thanks for all the supportive comments. It really means a lot. Motivates me to continue and write.