A Clean Slate #3

A Collection of JongYoon Stories

 

As Jonghyun walked away, he took the elevator down to the main floor and when the doors opened, he walked out and headed toward the door. But a feminine voice stopped him from doing so right as he was about to exit.


"Hey, we need to talk."

 

 

Jonghyun turned around and saw Yoona staring at him, but she quickly broke off eye contact and her eyes darted around the floor. Yoona, who had shorts on, shivered as she stood silently. 

 

 

He stared at her while she continued to shiver. He wanted to embrace her into his arms but those thoughts soon died down when the realization that the girl in front of him was no longer his girlfriend kicked in. He finally realized that the situation would soon become super awkward if he didn't say anything since she's been staring at the ground for quite a while as she waited for his response.

 

 

"About what?"

 

 

Yoona finally stopped staring at the ground and raised her head up to look at him straight in the eye.

 

 

"About us."

 

 

The atmosphere was so quiet that the only thing that could be heard was the breathing of the two.

 

 

"I…I have to go eat dinner with the FNC staff right now. Can we talk about it later?" he said, breaking the silence.

 

 

Yoona tried her best to hide her disappointment. Without saying a word, she nodded and took a step to the exit.

 

 

"By the way, why are you here alone? Where are the other members?" he asked, halting Yoona in her steps.

 

 

"I told the SNSD members to go home without me because I told them I would wait until you came out since I had something to say to you." Yoona said as she walked away. "But you're busy so I'll be heading home now."

 

 

Jonghyun witnessed her walking out of the door. "She waited for me this whole time?" He felt a sense of guilt as he stared at the figure of her walking away in the coldness and darkness of the night.

 

 

Yoona started mumbling to herself about how stupid she was for wearing shorts in the last week of February. She shivered as she slowly walked down the street, in search of a taxi.

 

 

"Yah!" Jonghyun screamed at her as he was running to her.

 

 

He panted for a few seconds once he stood next to her, but then quickly regained his stamina since he's an athlete.

 

 

"I thought you had to go to a dinner party?" Yoona asked as she crossed her arms in confusion at the sight of Jonghyun.

 

 

"You're going to go home like this?" he said back, completely ignoring her question.

 

 

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?" she asked as she raised her brow.

 

 

"Look, it's nighttime right now and there's crazy people who roam the streets at night here and I'm sure that once they see a pretty woman in shorts…."

 

 

"There he goes with his complements again." she thought. "I'm going to call a taxi, geez." Yoona said in slight annoyance but in reality, she was enjoying Jonghyun's concern for her.

 

 

"And what if the taxi driver is also a crazy person? What if he drives you somewhere else that's not your home…. like maybe his house?"

 

 

Yoona personally didn't think that would happen but to his point, she had no idea what she would do if she was in that situation. While she was trying to think of something, her thoughts were suddenly halted when Jonghyun grabbed her hand.

 

 

"What are you-" she said as she tried to pull her hand away.

 

 

"Just make life easier for the both of us and just follow me alright?"

 

 

Yoona didn't say anything as she walked to wherever he was leading her. As they were walking in silence, Yoona stared at Jonghyun's hand which were holding hers. She missed the moments when they would hold hands when they went on their dates. She let out a sigh in sadness.

 

 

"Do you want to go to your house or to your dorm?"

 

 

"My house. I don't want to stay at the dorm tonight."

 

 

"I see." Jonghyun said as he let go of Yoona's hand.

 

 

He stopped in front of a white van and then proceeded to knock on it. The door soon opened and the three CNBLUE members inside were giving Jonghyun and Yoona confused looks.

 

 

Jonghyun gave a cold stare to s, essentially trying to convey the message that if they say anything, they'll face his wrath at the dorm. "Yonghwa hyung, I'll drive. And as for Yoona, we're giving her a ride. I'll explain everything later." Jonghyun said after they no longer stared at him and Yoona.

 

 

While waiting for Yonghwa to get out from the driver's seat, Jonghyun turned his attention to Yoona.

 

 

"Ride with me in the front. Usually that seat is reserved for me, but since I'm driving you can sit there since I know it would be awkward to be with the other members."

 

 

Yoona nodded as she got on the van.

 

 

As expected, the atmosphere in the van was pretty awkward. But fortunately for everyone in the van, it lasted for a short time since they arrived at Yoona's house pretty quick.

 

 

"Thanks for the ride." she said with a sincere smile before she quickly left the van to escape from the awkward atmosphere in the van. "Awkwardest moment of my life right there… I'm sure Yonghwa oppa will talk to Seohyun about this…. Good thing I chose not to go to the dorm tonight."

 

 

 

 

 

"Mr. Lee, you have some explaining to do." Yonghwa said with a teasing face.

 

 

"I promise I'll explain tomorrow." Jonghyun said as he stared at Yoona, who was slowly walking to the front door of her house.

 

 

"Why not right now?" the leader asked as he followed Jonghyun's gaze.

 

 

Jonghyun sighed before he turned around to face the other members.

 

 

"I have to go settle some things with her. Tell the staff I'm sorry that I can't make it tonight for the dinner party." Jonghyun said as he took off his seatbelt.

 

 

He then exchanged glances with Yonghwa, who simply just nodded at him. Jonghyun nodded back and then got off the car.

 

 

Yonghwa then looked left and right and saw the two maknaes staring at him with a blank face.

 

 

"Well, it wasn't like anything was going to stop him." Yonghwa said as Minhyuk and Jungshin laughed.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Yoona started walking back to her house with thoughts about Jonghyun flooding her mind. "Well, he certainly didn't treat me like I was his ex. He still cares for me. Maybe I still have hope?"

 

 

She continued having these thoughts until she realized that somebody was following her. Too scared to turn around, she fastened her pace. The person behind her also fastened their pace. 

 

 

At this point, Yoona realized that she could make it to her house in 10 seconds if she ran. And so of course, Yoona started bolting off sensing that she was in danger.

 

 

"Yoona!" a familiar voice cried out from behind her.

 

 

Yoona immediately stopped running and turned around. 

 

 

"YAH, LEE JONGHYUN! WHY ARE YOU HERE? AND WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SCARE ME LIKE THAT? AND WHY-?"

 

 

"Woah, calm down there." Jonghyun said as he smirked. "No need to disturb the neighbors with your yelling in the middle of the night."

 

 

Yoona let out a little 'Hmph,' as she stared at him with her arms crossed.

 

 

"What?" Jonghyun asked to Yoona who just continued to stare at him without a word.

 

 

"Why are you here?" she finally asked.

 

 

"To talk about us." he said as his smirk wore off from his face.

 

 

The atmosphere turned silent again.

 

 

"I figured that resolving this matter is more important than some dinner party." Jonghyun said calmly.

 

 

Yoona shivered in the cold, chilly night as she looked down to avert his eyes.

 

 

"Are you okay?" he asked after a prolonged silence.

 

 

"Yeah. I'm okay." she said as she turned around and walked toward her house. Jonghyun silently followed. "Of course I'm not okay, you idiot! I'm so scared of how you'll react when I tell you the truth. It might not be obvious by the way I'm acting, but I still love you, you babo! It's just that I have too much pride for me to show that…"

 

 

When she opened the door of her house, she motioned Jonghyun to come into her house.

 

 

"It's been a long time since I've last been in this house. I remember all the times we had movie nights in this house. And even the times where we would cook together…. The food tasted so bad that they're easily forgettable… but these memories aren't." Jonghyun thought to himself as he looked around the house that hasn't changed since he last came. He stopped observing the house and sat down on the sofa in the living room.

 

 

"Is your dad here?" he asked.

 

 

"Doesn't seem like it. He probably went somewhere." she responded back as she also sat down on the sofa, but on the opposite end of Jonghyun.

 

 

He nodded.

 

 

"So.., you have something to say?" he said as he tried to bring up the topic.

 

 

Yoona trembled as she struggled to pull the words out of . "It's alright Yoona. You are strong enough to handle whatever he says after you explain to him the story. As long as he knows the truth…" she thought as she tried to cheer herself on.

 

 

"I never loved Seunggi oppa. We broke up a while ago." she said while looking at him to see his reaction.

 

 

Jonghyun opened his mouth, but struggled to get the words out of his mouth. "What in the world is she saying? What do you mean you never loved him?" He took a deep breath to compose himself after her statement.

 

 

"Then how come this hasn't come up on the news?" he finally asked.

 

 

"Only the other members and President Lee Soo Man know."

 

 

"President Lee Soo Man? I thought he was no longer the president?"

 

 

"It used to be President Kim Young Min. You might not believe me, but he's the one who forced me to date Seunggi oppa. He wanted to use the positive response from the public in order to benefit our comeback."

 

 

"Yeah, you were right when you said that I might not believe you. I don't want to believe the words that just came out of your mouth. You're telling me that THIS is the reason why we had to break up? You couldn't have told me this beforehand? Surely if you told me, I would have waited for you..." he angrily thought as he remained silent.

 

 

"I'm sorry that I was unable to explain everything. If somehow this plan for media attention was revealed, then our company would have a negative image. That's why President Kim Young Min hired people to watch me wherever I go. There was no way for me to meet up with you and tell you about this. And the company also closely observed all the text messages sent and received by all of SNSD."

 

 

"So why are you telling me now? I thought you were being watched?" he asked in frustration.

 

 

"It's safe now. I told my members about this when we were all in the dorm. We secretly met up with President Lee Soo Man and he kicked President Kim Young Min out of the company for blackmailing me. That's why President Lee Soo Man is in charge again."

 

 

Jonghyun slowly felt his eyes watering up as he struggled to believe her story. "Is this some cruel prank you're playing on me?"

 

 

He looked up at the ceiling so that his tears wouldn't fall down.

 

 

Yoona also started to tear up. "No. It's the stupid truth that I should have told you because now I'm living a life full of lies. Each and everyday, I convince myself that I'm fine without you… but in the end, I always break down because I know that's a lie." she said. At this point, her tears were freely falling down her face. "Even after this I still love you. But I know that you no longer love me, but that doesn't matter to me anymore. As long as you know the truth, I'll be happy."

 

 

She ran to her room as she continued to cry.

 

 

Jonghyun put his elbows on his knees as he massaged his temples. He was startled at the sound of Yoona slamming her door shut, but then went back to massaging his temples. As he continued to massage his temples to relieve his stress, he felt a buzzing sound in his pockets and realizing it was his phone, he pulled it out.

 

 

From: Yonghwa hyung

 

Check the news right now..

 

 

Dying of curiosity, he went on the internet on his smartphone and he impatiently waited for the Korean news site to load. After what seemed like forever, the page loaded and he was greeted with the headline, "SNSD's Im Yoona and Lee Seunggi reported to have broken up."

 

 

"That bastard Kim Young Min probably leaked this information since he got kicked out from SM. And now, you've hurt my Yoona. If I ever see you, I'll make sure you pay." He thought as he got up from his spot on the couch.

 

 

He slowly walked over to her room where he could hear the sounds of her phone going off. He knocked on her door and as soon as the door opened, his eyes met with Yoona's swollen red eyes.

 

 

"You heard about it too?" Yoona asked with a shaky voice.

 

 

Suddenly, Jonghyun pulled her into a hug. There was no resistance from Yoona, who hugged him back.

 

 

"I wasn't there for you the last time you were in a difficult situation, but this time, I promise I'll be here for you."

 

 

He could feel his shirt getting wet from her tears as he gently her hair. Both of them wished that time would have stopped in place as they were in each others' embrace.

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

The next day, life was seemingly normal for both Yoona and Jonghyun. Both of them had to wake up early in the morning to attend the recording of a music program. And then came the part where they had to wait for a while since they CNBLUE and SNSD usually perform in the later part of the music show.

 

 

And as always, Jonghyun and Yonghwa were having a mini jam session with their guitars while Yoona just dozed off and occasionally woke up due to the noises that the 8 other SNSD members make.

 

 

Eventually, it came time for the two groups to perform but at this point, it wasn't that hard for the two groups. Being the professionals that they are, CNBLUE finished their recording in one try. SNSD also finished their recording in one try. Thus, the completion of the performances of the two groups allowed the PDs to shoot the ending stage earlier than expected.

 

 

"Where are you going?" Yonghwa asked Jonghyun.

 

 

"Kyu-line." Jonghyun simply responded.

 

 

Yonghwa immediately knew that he was off to go meet Kyuhyun in Super Junior's waiting room.

 

 

Jonghyun walked down the hallway and eventually stopped at the room where a plastic paper saying "Super Junior" was taped on the door. He knocked on it and luckily enough, Kyuhyun was the one who opened the door.

 

 

"Oh, Jonghyun-ah! What are you doing here?" Kyuhyun asked when he saw Jonghyun.

 

 

"I was waiting for you hyungnim." he said with a cheeky smile.

 

 

"Aww. How romantic." Kyuhyun joked. "You're not busy today?"

 

 

Jonghyun shook his head.

 

 

"Well, alright then! Meet me outside of the building. I still have to change and do other stuff before I can leave."

 

 

"Okay hyungnim. See you in a bit." he said.

 

 

Jonghyun closed the door and slowly walked to the elevator. He rode the elevator down along with people he assumed were part of the staff.

 

 

He then followed what Kyuhyun said by waiting outside the building. He awkwardly stood still in the same spot for about two minutes before he decided to head back inside. But as he turned around to do so, he saw Yoona walking in his direction so he decided against going back inside since he was too shy after what happened last night.

 

 

As he continued to stand still outside the building, Yoona walked past him. It seemed like she didn't notice him and for this he was thankful.

 

 

He softly let out a sigh of relief as he turned around to head back inside. But suddenly he heard a small scream from behind him. He quickly turned around and saw about five girls throwing eggs at Yoona.

 

 

"You !"

 

 

"You already broke up with Seunggi oppa?"

 

 

"Don't you dare come close to our idols!"

 

 

Yoona put her hands to cover her face as the onslaught of eggs continued to come but suddenly felt a warm embrace around her. Although she still heard the eggs being thrown, she no longer felt it.

 

 

"Yah, get out of the way! She deserves this!" one of the girls said.

 

 

Yoona looked up to see who her "guardian angel" was. Her eyes widened in shock as she realized that it was Jonghyun who had come to save her.

 

 

"If you don't get out of the way, then we're going to take a picture of you hugging her and reveal it to the public." another girl threatened.

 

 

"Go ahead." he said.

 

 

"Omo. Look at him. Another one of her loyal fanboys." a girl said and the rest or the girls laughed.

 

 

"C'mon girls, let's go. No point in doing this anymore since her boyfriend is protecting her. Tsk. ." the leader said and the rest laughed again.

 

 

As the group of 5 girls walked away Jonghyun yelled out, "So what if I'm her boyfriend?"

 

 

Yoona punched Jonghyun in the chest.

 

 

He looked at her with a smirk.

 

 

"What's wrong with saying that? You don't want to start over with me?" 

 

 

Yoona's jaw dropped but closed a second later.

 

 

"Of. Course. I. Want. To." she said as she punched him in the chest after every word.

 

 

He smiled as he hugged her.

 

 

"Ew oppa stop hugging me. We're covered in eggs you know." Yoona said.

 

 

"Maybe we can go home and take a shower together." 

 

 

"YAH!"