Item in a box

Home

Author's POV

It was 7.30 AM when Kyungsoo woke up from his sleep last night. And although he only slept for a while, it didn't matter as long as he can have a good time at day. He went down the marble staircase -yes, Suho's family and he himself is rich- and jumped when he saw two people hugging each other on the couch. He face palmed, "love birds."

It was none other than Baekhyun and Chanyeol, those two are literally inseparable. The go everywhere together and mostly spends time together. Just like last night, when Baekhyun said he'll stay up a little longer to watch Running Man and Chanyeol wanted -insisted- to assist him. In the end, they end up like Chanyeol hugging a tiny teddy bear while Baekhyun is hugging a huge one.

Kyungsoo prepared breakfast, as usual. And the waffles woke Lay, Luhan, Sehun and Suho up from their wide awake sleep. Luhan was the first after Kyungsoo who got up thanks to the waffles and like Kyungsoo, he jumped when he saw BaekYeol, or so that's what we call them. "Seriously.." he muttered and sat on the kitchen table. "Luhan hyung, out, now." Kyungsoo ordered.

"But-"

"No helping, you'll ruin everything. No offense, though."

He sighed and went to the couch- wait, they're occupied. Well, there's only one thing to do. Luhan got back to the living room and saw Sehun who stood there furrowing his brows unable to speak or to do. "Sehuna." Luhan called. Sehun turned, "oh, hyung." He said, "should we uh.. um, move them into their own room?" Luhan laughed awkwardly, "it'll be fun watching them wake up in each other's arms."

"HOLY SH-" Lay almost yelled but shut his mouth. No bad words, Zhang Yixing. "what were they doing so late until they end up like.... this????" Obviously, Lay was bewildered and dumbfounded. All Luhan and Sehun could do is just sigh. Forgetful Yixing, what can they do about it?

Suho came down with a yawn, "good morning guys- ah, they're at it again." the older prused his lips.

"Let's kick them out of the couch, yes?" Luhan suggested, "we have no where to sit."

"Who agrees says I." Sehun said.

"I." Everyone in the room said.

They stood round Baekhyun and Chanyeol and got their hands on BaekYeol's shirts. "In the count of three. One, two, three!" Suho signaled. And in a second, BaekYeol fell to the ground with a loud thud.

"OW!!" Both yelled.

"Um, victory?" Sehun said awkwardly.

"Ohmygoodness, EW WHAT WERE YOU DOING??" Baekhyun yelled.

"What was I doing?? What were YOU doing???" Chanyeol retorted.

"Cut it out. Geez. Look, I know you lovebirds love to bicker around and stuff, but please, if you want to do that, get a room." Kai yawned and stretched his back. Wow, Mei is a good massager. He thought.

"A room?! Over my dead body." Baekhyun glared to his other half, Chanyeol.

"No, over my dead body." Chanyeol glared back.

"Okay, okay, girls. You're both pretty. Can you please stop now?" Lay sighed.

Both were still glaring at each other, but it was gone replaced by laughter from the two guys. "I can never get them." Luhan muttered under his breath. Sehun nodded as well.

 

"Hey guys, wake the others please. Breakfast is ready and the waffles won't be as good if it's already cold." Kyungsoo adverted everyone's attention to him from Baekhyun and Chanyeol and the TV.

Suho got up, "Lay, help me out." Lay stood up and went upstairs as well.

"Lay, go wake Kris, Chen and Xiumin. I'll handle Tao and Mei." Suho said. Before he walks away, Lay called him, "Suho-ya." Suho turned around, "who is Mei?"

He chuckled, "Kris's little sister?"

"Oh, right!! Right, thanks for reminding me." Lay smiled and went to Xiumin's room.

Yixing can be so silly sometimes. Suho thought and went to Tao's door. He knocked, "Tao-ya, wake up breakfast is ready."

"Mhh, 5 more minutes!" He yelled.

"Kyungsoo's making your favorite waffles!"

Silence.

The door opened, "waffles?"

Suho nodded and Tao went downstairs. Yeap, that boy has some problems with waffles and wake up calls. Suho then walked to Mei's room. He gulped when he stopped in front of her room. Knock and open or just knock? He thought hard. Or maybe knock then talk? He knocked, "Mei, breakfast is ready."

The door was opened, "oh, Suho..ssi. Thanks for letting me know." Mei smiled.

"Mei, call me Suho oppa, araji?" Suho smiled. Ah, his angelic smile.

Mei blinked, "S-Suho..oppa?" she wanted to make sure but it sounded as a yes to Suho, and so he smiled more.

This man is killing me. Mei thought and couldn't help but to blush at his smile.

"Don't be embarrassed, it's cute." Did he just call her cute? Technically, yes.

Mei nodded and followed him downstairs to the kitchen. The walk was quite far as they were walking quite slowly. Mei, start a conversation. Think, think! "Suho..oppa, you own this.. um, house?"

He turned with an innocent face and nodded, "I bought it with my own money for EXO to live here."

"Your own money?? So you work part-time?"

"No, I'm the CEO of Kim Enterprise. So yeah, if I work well, I get paid well." He shrugged, "but I'd rather be borned normally like other people  than borned with a silver spoon in my mouth."

Mei sighed, "how I wish for the same thing."

"Hm? You're rich? I mean your parents?"

Mei nodded, "unfortunately and fortunately, yes. And that's exactly why I'm here."

He furrowed his brows, "you.. ran away from home?"

"Not really. Mom and dad tells me what to do and how I have to show my manners and stuffs since I was 6 and I only rebel when gege's there with me or ask me. One day, when gege was old enough to live by himself, me, mom and dad moved to Canada for me to have a better living, or so they say, but it's only for their company." She continued, "since then, I was like a puppet with strings tied to their fingers."

"I was told many times to be engaged with someone I don't know and don't love, I don't want that, I just wanted a normal life to begin and to end with. So the last person I met, the so called fiance of mine, he said that he has someone he loves. So we made a team and told our parents how we really feel. His parents agreed to cancel the wedding, but may parents.. they were furious. So basically, they told me I was a dishonored child and told me to get lost. So yeah, I got out of their sight the next day."

"And your parents aren't worried about you?"

"They've been calling a few times yesterday, but how should I care? I'm a dishonored child, I can do whatever I want.. for now."

"And those few times are.."

"5 from dad, 8 from mom. I like mom better than dad, because when my mother died, his stare towards me was like he was telling me that it's my fault." Mei said.

"Wait wait wait, I'm lost. Your mother is still alive and she is still in Canada," Suho stated and Mei nodded, "but your mother is also dead?"

"Me and Kris have the same father but different mothers."

"Then how come Kris is older than you?" He furrowed his brows.

"2 wives."

"Ah, I see." He nodded.

"But what do you mean, for now?"

Mei sighed, "sooner or later, gege will find out that mom and dad doesn't know where I am and I might get sent back to Canada. Like a item in a box."

Suho smiled, "don't worry, your secret is save with me."

"Thank you, Suho oppa." Mei smiled and hugged him for a while before continuing to walk.

Suho stood there frozen, then caught up with her.

 

"Wu Yifan, pick up, son."

"Dad? Why are you calling?" Kris asked.

"Son, is your sister there?"

"Yeah, she's having breakfast with me and my friends. Why?"

"Send her back to Canada immediately! NOW!" He yelled over the phone.

Kris sighed, "why, dad? Why should I? Because for the first time in forever.. I actually saw her.. smile."

"She smiles all the time!"

The younger sighed, "Dad, you don't understand. Can't you see? You're playing with her like she's your toy. Just cut the threads tied on your fingers that holds her and let her be free. Please dad, you don't know how much she has suffered. She was so little back then when her mom died and then you're taking control of her life."

"Wu Yifan, if you dare disobey me-"

"You see, that's just it, dad. I already have since I was six and refused to obey you. And guess what? I'm quite successful, here."

The older scoffed, "you're quite, but I already am successful, Yifan."

"..are you? Because as what I heard from what Mei talked about earlier with one of my friends, you don't have a heir. I'm not sending her like a item in a box, dad. Goodbye."

"Yifan? YIFAN!!" The senior yelled and sighed in frustation.

"Honey, Meihua has your DNA, but not mine. I've cut the threads tied on my fingers. Why don't you try it too?" A woman said.

"It's not that easy. Who will be the heir of Wu corporations? Who?"

The middle aged man burried his face to his hands.

 

"Suho-hyung!!" Kai ran, "can we go to Lotte World today?"

Suho turned his head, "yeah, sure."

"Meimei, can we talk?" Kris appeared in front of Mei.

Mei glanced at Suho and he gave her a light squeeze for comfort to her hand before letting it go. Mei followed Kris to his room and Kris shut the door behind him, "you ran away from home, huh?"

"Not really-"

"I know, I heard what you said to Suho."

Mei gulped. Was he going to send Mei back to Canada?

"Don't worry, I won't send you back. So whenever dad or mom calls, ignore it. Understand?"

Mei nodded, "you're not.. mad.. at me?" her voice broke.

Kris chuckled lightly, "it's not your fault, Mei, it never was." he hugged her tight to his embrace, "uljima." he pinched her cheeks.

"Stop it.." She slapped his hands away, "thank you, gege."

"Any time.. any time.."

 


 

Yaayy!!

Fourth Chapter is done~!