Planning Wedding #2 Continued

Is This Love? [DISCONTINUED!!]

“We will be trying cake!” Both the moms said happily.

 


Kai

We got into the car once again to go to the place where we will be trying out cake. The destination wasn’t too far. Maybe 10 minutes to get there. At least I can eat a little bit of sweets. Although there isn’t any fried chicken. I chuckled to myself just thinking about it.

“What’s so funny?” Krystal said looking at me weirdly.

“I was just thinking about fried chicken. That’s one of my favorite foods and I want some at the moment.” I said smiling a little.

Krystal let out a stifled laugh. “You think of the weirdest things at the most awkward timings.” She then cracked a smile. I just smiled back at her before quickly looking back to the rode in front of me. “But we can go eat out after if you want.”

“Yeah? I would love to!” I said happily while laughing a little.

Krystal let out another little laugh and then replied, “Okay then, that’s our plan after today’s plan is done.”

“Okay, let’s do that then.” I said as we turned into a parking lot with a few cars. “Here we are; Do! You Bake? Bakery.” We would come to Kyungsoo’s parents’ bakery. But I have to be honest; they make some of the best pastries and sweets ever.

“Wow! I’ve never seen this before. Is this Kyungsoo’s parent’s bakery?” Krystal said looking at me as we got out and met at the front of my car, waiting for the other two.

“Yeah this is. They have lots of good things in here. They also have amazing decorations on their almost everything they make. So the cake for the wedding will look amazing.” I said and smiled at her while the two moms came out of the car.

“Let’s get going inside.” My mom said as we went in.

“Annyeonghaseyo Inseo!” Mrs. Do said from behind the large long boxes filled with sweets. “Are you guys ready to taste the cakes?”

“Annyeong Soohye! We are totally ready to taste these amazing cakes you have ready for us!” My mom said smiling.

“Annyeong omma.” I said smiling to Kyungsoo’s mom.  

Mrs. Do chuckled before saying hi as well. “Congratulations on getting married. I hope the cake will be up to both you and the bride’s satisfaction.” She let out a big grin.

Krystal and I chuckled together. “Omma, this is Krystal, my wife-to-be.” I gave her a smile before putting my hand on her back and pushing her up a little.

“O-oh annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Do. I’m Soojung but you can call me Krystal.” Krystal said while Mrs. Do took her hand into hers and shook it.

“Hello sweetie, you are a beauty!” Mrs. Do chuckled to herself. “And just call me omma. Calling me Mrs. Do makes me feel old!” Mrs. Do said playfully.

“A-a okay then, omma.” Krystal said with a smile. “Thank you for taking you willingly to make the cake.” Krystal let out a cheeky grin.

“Oh it’s fine honey! I love making things for others so you don’t need to say thanks.”

“Okay, let’s start tasting the cakes if you are ready Inseo.” Omma said.

“I am ready so let’s get going to the back over here should we?” Mrs. Do showed us the way to the back of the bakery where a little room was at.

I’ve been there a few times but not really. There were all sorts of cakes in different colors laid out on the table in the middle of the room.

“Wow!” Krystal looked at the table. I could see her eyes almost sparkle.

“Let’s get trying now shall we?” Mrs. Do said and took out a chair to sit in while we followed.

 

Krystal

I swear I was about to faint. All these different types of cake in front made me want to shove my face into all of them. I quickly sat down after Mrs. Do. She gave us four a sheet of paper, naming eight different kinds of cakes.

“As you can see, there will be a total of eight cakes you will be trying today. We have shortened them to the most popular in our store.”

“The first one is a Vanilla Cake with a Strawberry Filling. The filling also has strawberry pieces and the icing is Vanilla Almond Buttercream.” Mrs. Do added before four people came with a tray, serving us.

I put some of the cake in my mouth and it was amazing! The vanilla almond buttercream with the strawberry “munches” filling just added this nice fruity flavor that was light and sweet into my mouth.

“Wow, that’s amazing.” The other three nodded with me.

I checked my list saying that this was a good five, the highest number on there.

“The second one is a red velvet cake. The filling and icing are both vanilla buttercream.”

This one tasted a little bit different but still was good. Having the same filling and icing made it taste a little plainer. But the cake was also smooth and sweet.

I gave it a three.

“Third one is a Coconut Cake with a Lemon filling and a light Vanilla Frosting sprinkled with Coconut on top. A total piece of cake” Mrs. Do put up an “okay” sign with a wink.

I love coconut cake so this was really a piece of cake. The lemon added this taste of a lemon bar and I almost died because I love lemon bars as well!

I checked the five on my check list.

I looked over at Kai and looked at his list. His taste was a little bit different from mine. The first was a three while the second and third was a two.

“Does the cake taste that bad?” I mumbled.

“What are you talking about?” I looked up to see Kai looking at me.

“Nothing.” I said and went back to listening to what Mrs. Do had next for us.

The cake was already passed out to us by the time.

I looked at my list and it was a Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese.

It was easy to eat because carrot cake is sometimes naturally not as sweet as other cakes. The texture they had put all together in this cake was light and creamy. But the cream was a little over the top. It was too sweet for my liking.  

I gave it a five anyways.

“Kai, what do you like so far?” I looked at him.

“So far I like this carrot cake. It tastes good, although a little too sweet. Omma could fix that though right omma?” Kai smiled to Mrs. Do.

“Of course baby boy! Why wouldn’t I?” Mrs. Do laughed before getting serious again. “The fifth one is a Chocolate Cake with a Coconut Cream filling including a somehow very soft and light Cookies and Cream frosting. It’s one of my favorite cakes in this place.”

I took a bite and I couldn’t believe that this was ever made before! It had an Oreo taste with a nice creamy coconut cream instead of vanilla!

“What is this! It tastes amazing!” I smiled at everyone.

“It does!” Omma smiled at me. 

“Do you like it Eomeonim and Kai-shi?”

“I like it very much sweetie. How about you Kai? Do you like the cake?” Eomeonim asked Kai.

“I like it. But let’s try the other ones as well.” Kai gave a little smile before turning his attention back to Mrs. Do.

I marked a five on my paper.

“Okay, glad you guys liked that one! The sixth one is a light Lemon Cake with Vanilla Bavarian Cream. It’s a little bit more like a pie but it’s good as well. It’s also one of my baby boy’s favorite!” Mrs. Do added with a little chuckle.

The taste of the pie-like cake gives it a nice smooth texture and the lemon added to it gives it a nice taste that doesn’t give off too much sweetness from the vanilla bavarian. It was a really nice balanced cake that would make you smile.

I gave that one a four. Although it was balanced, I didn’t feel it was good for a wedding and lemon isn’t everyone’s favorite as well.

“The seventh one is a French Vanilla Cake with a nice layer of Pineapple Cream. There’s not much places that make cakes with peaches though, so it’s rare. And this is the last one picked from all the twelve. ”

“I’ve never tried a pineapple cake before. It sounds different but good.” I looked at the beautiful top design.

The cake was great in my point of view. The pineapple gave off a nice tropical kind of sweet taste. It gave me the feeling of eating this on my honeymoon instead of my wedding.

I wrote down a four.

“Not that bad right?” I looked at Kai who was talking to me.

“Yeah, I think it tastes pretty good. How about you?” I held my hand out so he could give me his list. He put the list into my hand.

 

Do! You Bake? Bakery Cake Tasting

  1. Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Filling: 3
  2. Red Velvet Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Filling: 1
  3. Coconut Cake with Lemon filling: 2
  4. Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting: 4
  5. Chocolate Cake with Coconut Filling: 3.5
  6. Lemon Cake with Vanilla Bavarian: 3
  7. French Cake with Pineapple Filling: 3.5
  8. Yellow Cake with Orange and Vanilla Filling:

 

He grades things so lowly. You could surely see which ones he sure doesn’t like and the only one he did like the best. The fourth one was surely his favorite while the second one was probably the worst for him I guess.

“You don’t like Red Velvet or something?” I looked up at him

“Yeah, it’s just not good to me.” Kai grabbed the paper from my hand and looked back up at Mrs. Do.

“Okay, the last one has come. The Yellow cake with Orange and Vanilla Filling is here!” She cheered.

I couldn’t believe that this was already the last one. I sadly ate the yellow cake. It was a great combo of having just a regular cake added with some kind of a zest like flavor with a little bit of vanilla with it. The whole thing added up to a nice simple texture.

I gave it a four as well, for the texture and everything was really good, but it wasn’t as good as the others, sadly.

“Okay, we are done! Now we have to talk about which one or more did you guys oth like.” Mrs. Do stood up with a smile. “Tell me when you two are ready, for I have to go and check up front.” Mrs. Do informed us before leaving with both Omma and Eomeonim following behind.

“So which ones do you like most Kai?” I asked.

“Hmm… You saw my sheet and I liked the carrot cake the best. And I know you specifically don’t have a favorite cake.” Kai chuckled.

“You know me well, Kim Jongin.” I joked around with him.

“Yes, I do. You almost ate all your cake. I swear you were about to eat mine as well.” He laughed and hit his thigh.

“Okay Kai, it’s not that funny.” I said smiling at him before getting serious. “We need to hurry because we have lots of things to do at home as well.”

“What do you mean by things?” Kai asked.

“Kai, come on. We have to pick out the songs and everything! Father-daughter dance and more you know?” I gave him a look of dissatisfaction.

“Okay, okay sorry. We have to choose a cake flavor, or more than one.”

“Okay, let’s get thinking.” I said smiling.

 

Kai

Krystal sure can eat a lot of sweets!

“So you like the carrot cake.” Krystal mumbled to herself.

“Yes, yes I do.” I added, smiling.

“Kai, please be quiet and let me concentrate.” Krystal said while looking at both of our sheets of paper.

“Soojung, don’t worry so much. All we need to do is pick one or more cake flavors. Chill child.”

“Did you just call me a child?” Krystal looked up at me.

“Baby girl. You are a baby girl, my baby girl.” I winked at her jokingly.

Krystal smiled a little and blushed before turning the other way. “Y-yah, help me out. And don’t call me baby girl. I’m not your baby girl either.”

“But I like that nickname, Baby girl.” I joked again as I sat next to her.

“Let’s just choose the carrot cake and tell Omma that she should make the icing a little less sweet. And you can choose another cake flavor.”

“Is that okay? I don’t want it to be so expensive for us all.” Krystal put her bottom lip between her white teeth.

I brought my hands to her lips and used my thumb to let her bottom lip loose. Krystal looked at me, startled.

“Don’t so that, it’s not attracting.” I smiled at her.

“O-okay.” Krystal let out a choked up cough. “Uhm let’s just get the carrot cake then.” She then stood up quickly and left the room. I followed behind.

“Omma,” Krystal called out. All three of the mothers turned around. Krystal let out a bright smile and I a laugh before Krystal started explaining what we wanted.

After telling her everything and the theme and theme color of the wedding was, we were ready to go home. We left after saying goodbye to Mrs. Do and having a little chat with D.O at the door before leaving back home.

The ride home was quiet. Omma and Eomeonim both left to go where ever they needed to go. The radio was on and it was peaceful.

“So how was today? Did you have fun?” I asked her.

“I loved today. I felt happy eating all those cakes and finally getting over with all the jewelry. Eomeonim is so nice. I already love her.” I took a quick glance at Krysta and she was smiling.

“Do you love my mom that much?”

“Yeah, why?” Krystal looked at my side view. “Are you jealous?” She joked around.

“Haha you are so funny. I am not and I was just wondering.” I replied back.

“Okay then, I’ll go with your words.” Krystal said as I parked the car in the garage.

“We have to pick some songs and everything to give to the DJ that we will have.” I informed her.

“Okay. I will pick my songs and you will pick yours. Then we will see if we have any that are the same. Limited of only seventeen songs the most, got it?” Krystal said as she grabbed paper for both of us. I grabbed two pens.

“Okay, let’s pick the songs then.” I said and started writing down the songs I wanted while she did hers.

After an hour or two, we finished doing all the song work. We chose slow dance songs, fast ones, older fast and slow songs, and recent fast and slow songs. Krystal picked a solo song for her and Aboeji. Then Krystal and I agreed to do a slow solo dance to start for the married couple.

“Ah we finished!” I said happily jumping on the bed.

I looked at the time and it was nine o’clock. It’s not bad to sleep early. I probably will have to wake up early anyways.

“Krystal,” I looked around the room and found her combing her hair before coming to the bed. “Let’s sleep now, okay?” I said as I put the long pillow in between us. “Goodnight Baby girl.” I smiled at her.

“Goodnight Jongin.” Krystal smiled at me before I turned around and touched the lamp to turn off.

“Sweet dreams as well.”

 


Hey guys! I am so sorry I am such a bad author! You guys have been waiting for so long, I know! I am so so sorry for making you guys wait this long and suffer! I hope you guys will wait as I update super slowly...

I am so sorry for the long wait and I hope you enjoy this chapter although it is a little boring.

I hope you guys enjoy it though.

Hugs and Kisses!

XOXO, Catyang

P.S. All those photos above don't belong to me. They belong to the owner and not me at all! :)