Chapter 5

You're a THIEF!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Chanyeol... I want to break up."

The said boy looked up at the comment.

"Baekhyun..." He wasn't sure if he heard right. Did Baekhyun just say he want to break up with him?

They stared into each other's eyes, not sure what to say next. The silence dragged on, giving time for the words to settle like knives in his heart.

What do you mean you want to break up? Chanyeol hoped Baekhyun will laugh and tell him he was just kidding, but it was only the painful silence that greeted him.

"But... I thought, we had the one-week deal..." Chanyeol tried to prevent his voice from cracking.

"I-I'm sorry, I... I want to go back to the way it was before," Baekhyun said looking down, avoiding the taller's gaze. Guilt rushed over him. He thought Chanyeol was going to be the one to break the deal, but it was the other way around. He didn't know it was this hard to be Chanyeol's boyfriend, everyone hated him, he was bullied everywhere he went.

It was better the way before, when he lived his normal life without interference, though it was quite boring.

"It hurts," Baekhyun's voice cracked on the last word.

They both knew, he wasn't talking about his injured knee, but rather referring to his heart.

"I know," Chanyeol said in a low voice. His heart ached, but he tried to act like it doesn't matter.

But why is my heart hurting? Chanyeol wandered, Why was it so hard to let go? It had only been a few days... it's a contract deal anyways... I'm not suppose to fall for him.

"We should at least get through the week first, or else you'd be breaking the promise." 

What a good excuse. 

Baekhyun looked up at him with teary eyes. He had always thought Chanyeol would be the one to break the promise first, but here he is, asking to break up. He felt like such a jerk.

"Just one week," Chanyeol repeated, "just one week and then we can go seperate ways."

"But why? I thought you didn't like me anyways?"

...no answer...

Do I like you? Chanyeol asked himself.

He wasn't sure anymore, he wasn't sure about the feelings he's been having for Baekhyun, the way he missed the smaller's presence whenever they're not together, how he worried about the other, and the way he wants to protect the smaller from every harm. 

No it can't be. 

"Chanyeol?"

The call brought him out of his thoughts.

"Give me the rest of the week to find out the answer," he finally said.

"... alright, I guess..."

The taller smiled with relieve that he won't loose Baekhyun for a few more days, he will enjoy these days as much as possible. Chanyeol put his hand around the smaller's neck, bringing him closer to peck him on the forehead.

"Thank you," he said.

With a gentle tug, he pulled Baekhyun into his arms as they layed down on the couch in each other's embrace. Baekhyun's eyelids felt heavy as he yawned, earning a chuckle from the taller.

"You tired?" he asked.

Baekhyun nodded as he snuggled deeper into the crook of Chaneyol's neck. Chanyeol looked at him to find the smaller already had his eyes closed, ready for a nap.

"Sweet dreams," Chanyeol said as he pecked the smaller's eyelids.

He felt relieved, with Baekhyun in his arms, knowing nothing can take him away right now. They are safe and sound.

For now.

 

~

Days pass and Chanyeol finds himself harder and harder to let go.

He woke up on the couch with Baekhyun sleeping in his arms after another one of those nights when they would cuddle on the couch in each other's warmth and fall asleep in the middle of a movie.

Three more days... three more days until Baekhyun leaves. Chanyeol thought as he squinted at the daylight coming through the window.

Birds chirped and trees rustled in the light breeze of Spr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter