Chapter V

A Very Cliched Story

Kai groaned and threw his hand up to his head as he felt it nearly tearing apart from within. Ah, the greatness of hangovers. Sitting up, he stood up shakily before moving towards the kitchen to aim for the cure of a lifetime – at least for him – coffee. After he made a cup, he didn’t realise someone else had entered the kitchen until he heard a cupboard being opened.

Turning around, he saw Kyungsoo standing there in nothing but his underwear and he tried hard not to look for too long.

“G’morning.” Kai said, making the other turn around.

When he did, he nearly felt sick to his stomach. The other’s neck was completely covered in love bites and hickeys and his lips were still red and swollen. It seemed as if the other had a great time last night at the party.

Kyungsoo yawned before he waved slightly at the boy.

Kai continued to sip the cup of coffee in his hands, leaning against the counter and just trying to ease away the painful headache.

“So, did you have fun last night?” Kyungsoo asked, looking over at his roommate who just shrugged.

“Can’t really remember…” And it was the truth. Kai had been a little more than drunk last night and the last thing he did remember doing was talking to Joonmyun and then finding out he was an idol. Then he and Lay went into a corner somewhere to be alone. “What about you? Although it certainly seems like you did.” He said, motioning to the other’s ruined neck.

The older touched his neck and chuckled nervously a little before he shrugged his shoulders.

“Yeah…”

There was an awkward silence before Kai moved into the room again and picked up his phone – noticing that he had a lot of texts and messages. And he means a lot. Groaning, he sat on the bed and placed the cup on the table beside him.

Then he began searching through.

From: Lu Han

Oh my god Lay is making out with an idol! And hell he actually looks like a good kisser. Missing you~ (even though you’re at the other side of the room).

-------------------------

From: Lu Han

Sehun is such a pain in my . I’m severely drunk and should be having fun but he’s making me sit with him to keep away the ‘die-hard-fans’ as he put it. Jerk.

-------------------------

From: Yixing

Um this is awkward to say but um, when did you and Kyungsoo get so… touchy-feely?

-------------------------

From: Lu Han

Holy Kai. I can’t believe what you’re doing right now.

-------------------------

From: UNKNOWN NUMBER

This is Lu Han’s friend Jongin right? It’s Sehun. Just wanted to say I admire you. I mean, not everyone who has a crush on their homophobic roommate can call him out in an entire room of people and then do THAT afterwards. Later.

-------------------------

From: Lu Han

Ain’t you going to have a fun morning tomorrow? Tell Kyungsoo those hickeys you gave him look AMAZING on his skin. Bye!

-------------------------

Jongin read through the texts with his eyes almost bulging out of his skull. No, he was not going to look up to his roommate who he apparently bit on the neck and before that called him out for being homophobic. Oh god, he had no idea what he had done. Maybe… maybe that’s why Kyungsoo was asking him how his night was. But… he didn’t look disgusted. In fact, when Kai had asked him about his neck he had smiled.

Smiled.

What could that mean? Putting the phone down, he looked up at his roommate who was currently changing in front of him. Kyungsoo was pulling up a pair of black jeans and then he decided to strut around topless to pick up some stuff.

The younger took a deep breath and stood up, deciding to do the exact same thing as his roommate.

Just change, eat and get out of there.

After he had done so, he waved goodbye to his roommate before dashing out, deciding just to get some fresh air. When he was there, he typed in a number on his phone and placed it to his ear. However, the voice that appeared was not the voice he was expecting nor one that he actually recognised.

“Hello?”

“Um… hi. This is Yixing’s phone, who is this?”

“Oh, do you mean the cute boy that Joonmyun brought home?”

“Yixing went home with him?!”

“Yeah. I take it this is Yixing’s friend?”

“Well yeah. You picked up his phone, remember?”

“Yeah. Sorry, the ringtone was slightly annoying. Want to leave a message Jongin?”

“How… do you know my name?”

“It’s on the caller ID. My name is Taemin by the way, so this conversation isn’t awkward.”

“Taemin?”

“Yeah.”

“Taemin as in SHINee Taemin?”

“You know me? I’m flattered.”

“Oh well, yeah. I know your name from… around. Anyway… can you give me your address so I can come pick Yixing up?”

“Sure, I’ll text you, is that okay? I’ll do it from my own phone though.”

“Well o-okay, sure.”

“See you Jongin.”

“Bye.”

Kai put the phone back into his pocket and took a deep breath. He had just had a conversation with Lee Taemin – the lead singer from the very, very famous boyband SHINee. Let’s just say he was pretty close to hyperventilating especially considering he was a pretty big fan of Taemin, but he didn’t want to sound like an estranger fan.

Within a couple of seconds, his phone beeped again and he immediately took it out, trying not to squeal at the message on his screen.

From: UNKNOWN

Jongin, its Taemin. Here’s the address. I’ll see you soon.

Kai immediately saved the number. Just wait until he told everyone that he had gotten Lee Taemin’s number. Of course, his best friend was engaged to Oh Sehun and his other had apparently just gotten off with Kim Joonmyun.

Well, they three were very going to be known as incredibly lucky.

Yixing yawned and smiled at how good he felt, in fact, he hadn’t had such a good sleep like that in a long time. Moving around, he didn’t feel the need to open his eyes considering he knew the sun was streaming in somewhere and he didn’t feel like being blinded. When he moved to the other side of the bed he was lying on, he felt his arm come into contact with something hard.

Opening his eyes reluctantly, he saw that his hand was now laying on a bare chest that was certainly firm. Then he realised who it was.

And what was going on.

And what had happened.

Sitting up immediately, he lifted the covers and looked down at his own body. But he still had all of his clothes on. Which meant he most definitely did not have with the handsome half idol beside him.

Sighing in contempt, he rubbed his eyes before he felt someone’s fingers move down his spine softly. Joonmyun sad up and placed his head on the boy’s shoulders, simply looking up into Yixing’s eyes. Both of them stared at each other before Lay felt the other peck him on the lips, making him close his eyes and just linger in the taste of the idol.

“Good morning.” Joonmyun whispered as he moved away, but he kept his arms around Yixing’s bare waist.

“Morning.” The boy replied.

“Hey guys, Jongin’s here.” Someone else entered the room and Yixing’s eyes slightly widened when he realised who it was. And he only knew who it was because Jongin was slightly obsessed with him.

Only slightly.

Joonmyun just nodded before they watched the other leave. Yixing moved up, putting a hand over his mouth as he yawned before he wondered why his friend knew where he was and why he was here. As he left the room, he saw Kai sitting on the couch with his eyes glued to someone else.

“Jongin.” He muttered making his friend look up.

Kai immediately walked over to him and smiled.

“You seemed to have had a good night.” A wink was sent Lay’s way and it made the boy blush. The older ignored the question before he moved around his friend and took a seat on the couch whilst Kai followed suit. When they sat down, Jongin decided to ask the question he had been dying to. “So… Yixing, did you have with Joonmyun?”

On the other side of the room, Taemin was chuckling into his hand at such a forward question. Yixing gaped at the other but shook his head immediately.

“No, of course not!”

Kai pouted before he fell back with a sigh.

“And here I thought I was going to get a story.” Whilst he sighed, Yixing apparently suddenly remembered something that he could now embarrass Kai about, instead of only him being the one blushing.

“So… what happened between you and Kyungsoo this morning?” He asked, grinning.

That question made Kai freeze.

Rubbing his hands together, Jongin chuckled nervously. But all he did was shake his head because he didn’t really wanna discuss it in front of a freaking celebrity. He looked up at Taemin again and noticed the other was staring at him weirdly with a small smile on his face. And now Kai was blushing. Yixing excused himself suddenly when he heard Joonmyun calling him from the other room, leaving Jongin alone with Taemin.

Taemin moved forward, taking a seat on the couch beside Kai where Yixing was previously sat and he smiled at the boy.

“What age are you Jongin?” he wondered, turning his body to face the other.

“Oh, um 17.” The boy replied, smiling at the other. And he was going to ask the other the same question but he already knew the answer. He looked towards his hands because he had no idea on how to hold a conversation with an idol.

Like, what do you talk about? Hair? Makeup? Songs? Ah, he had no idea.

“So, Jongin, you go to school with Yixing right?” He gained a nod as an answer. “And you’re a fan of mine?” Another nod – this one with a blush. “You can look at me you know.”

Kai was staring at the floor previously but when he looked up, he got a hell of a surprise when the baby faced idol in front of him suddenly moved forward. Taemin put his hand around the boy’s neck and pulled him closer, connecting their lips immediately before he began kissing Jongin passionately. The younger’s eyes opened wide with that fact an actual idol had voluntarily kissed him. But then they closed, because by god, Taemin’s lips tasted better than anyone could imagine.

He felt himself getting slowly pushed down on the couch until he was completely on his back. The older had moved in between his legs and he continued to kiss the other lovingly.

Biting Jongin’s bottom lip, he smirked when he felt the younger boy open his mouth.

Taemin pushed his tongue in slowly, slightly pressing it against Jongin’s. When he did, Jongin let out a small moan before he moved his legs around Taemin’s waist, pulling him closer.

It had been a really long time since he had ever done something like this.

Especially because of Kyungsoo – the whole, homophobic thing kind of left him undateable. But now, now he could actually have fun.

The feeling of the idol’s fingers through his hair felt fantastic and the way their tongues were moving against each other was right out of a dream. Just as Kai was about to wrap his arms around Taemin’s neck, someone interrupted them. Rather rudely.

“Uh Taemin?” Joonmyun said, holding Yixing’s waist softly as he looked at what was going on, on his couch.

Taemin moved away from the addicting lips but didn’t look up yet. He instead gazed down at Kai’s glorifying eyes and smirked.

“Yes Joonmyun?”

The other stared at Yixing before he spoke again, clearing his throat first.

“Um, what are you doing with Yixing’s friend?” He asked, staring at Kai who was now blushing very deeply.

Taemin immediately moved backwards, fixing his clothes before he looked back at the other idol. Shrugging his shoulders, he smiled kindly. On the other hand, Jongin was slowly sitting up carefully before he pointed to the front door and moved to his best friend.

“We should go.” He said, sounding breathless. Lay could only nod and he gave Suho a quick hug before moving out of the door first. Just as he was going to move through the doorway, he felt someone tapping shoulder a little, making him turn around and face Taemin. “Uh… hey.” There wasn’t another word said between them but there was another kiss.

Both of them locked lips softly and Kai had to say his breath was almost taken away.

When they separated, Taemin just walked away and left Jongin gobsmacked. Turning around, Yixing stared at him confusedly before they met up again.

“What uh… what was that about?” Lay asked softly.

“I have no idea.”

To think Lu Han thought that this was going to be a pretty good day. But of course it wasn’t considering his parents had decided to make his life even worse and explain to him that the engagement party was going to be tonight and he had to maintain the perfect image of the doting fiancé.

So basically he had to pretend to be fascinated with Oh Sehun and ignore all the great and sly insults that are most likely to be thrown his way.

But at least he was allowed to invite his friends. At least Kai and Lay would be with him.

He was currently sitting on the couch, playing with his phone as he waited for the parents to return home with some clothes for him to wear at the party. Plus, they were also getting a stylist for his hair and make-up. Although he didn’t know why he couldn’t do his own.

In fact, maybe he did know. He’d bet quite a lot of money that it was a certainly ‘fiancé’ of his that had made a comment about it.

Finally his parents got back with a smile on their faces.

“We have found the perfect suit for you to wear tonight!” His mother said, moving over to her son quickly and passing him the bag. “Now, the stylist will be here any minute to do your hair and makeup then we are due at the hall in four hours. That’s where we’ll meet up with Sehun and his parents.” She looked way too excited for this, but Lu Han guessed someone had to.

Nodding his head, he looked down at his phone and smiled when he received confirmation that both Kai and Lay were coming.

Soon enough, four hours passed.

Lu Han was standing in front of a full length mirror staring at his reflection. He had to admit to himself that this was definitely the best he had ever looked.

He was wearing a slightly tight white tuxedo, everything white except from a skinny black tie. His jacket was buttoned and on his feet he wore black tuxedo shoes. His hair was died slightly more blonde and it was styled upwards in a messy fashion.

Smiling, he took one picture of himself on his phone before leaving the room and moving down the stairs to meet with his parents.

“You look so fantastic.” His mother said, smiling at him.

They were now en route to the hall were the engagement party was going to be held. Of course, they were going to be the first there (except for Sehun and his parents of course) and when they moved into the hall, Lu Han was amazed at how ‘beautiful’ it all was. He felt like he was at a super fancy party. It hadn’t quite hit that this was his own engagement party and it was most likely going to be the talk of the school on Monday.

But that was a problem for another day.

When he moved in, he saw his fiancé and his parents lightly chatting in the corner and of course his own parents forced them to converse.

Sehun turned to them and gaped at Lu Han.

“Lu Han, you look absolutely amazing.” Sehun’s mother complimented, moving forward and smiling at him. His father nodded in agreement but the idol just stared at the other without saying a single word.

The party flew into full swing.

Kai and Yixing arrived pretty quickly – without dates – because they wanted to dedicate their time to their best friend because they figured he needed it the most.

Sehun and Lu Han were holding hands the entire way – they had to keep the image up when they were meeting everyone. It was actually mostly the younger who was conversing, but Lu Han tried. And everyone seemed to like him thankfully.

The food was delicious, and Lu Han had to confess, he was having a good time.

It felt nice, and the other thing that would make it better would be if Sehun didn’t order him around the entire time. He was always telling him to stand up straighter, talk more, talker louder etc. But Lu Han tried to ignore Sehun completely unless he was asked how they met. And then the lies would begin and to be honest he didn’t even completely understand it.

But then something weird happened when it was later into the night, and Sehun and Lu Han had finally gotten some time to relax away from everyone else.

“…You look really good Lu Han…” The idol suddenly said.

“Oh. Thanks.” Lu Han whispered, feeling a little weird that the other actually gave him a compliment. Clearing his throat a little, he took a sip of his coke on the table and then turned back to Sehun.

Both of them were just staring at each other before they heard their names being called by their parents. Time to act like lover again.

Apparently, they wanted to show everyone that they were truly a couple.

In the most dramatic way ever.

“Kiss each other!” Lu Han wasn’t sure who had shouted, but soon enough everyone was egging them all to do what they had been asked. To show everyone how in love with each other they were. And it was the most awkward Lu Han had ever felt in his life.

Turning around, he faced Sehun and gulped.

But the other didn’t have the kind of hesitation that Lu Han was thinking he was going to get. Instead, Sehun immediately placed both of his hands on Lu Han’s pale cheeks and pressed their lips softly together whilst closing his eyes. Lu Han was about to widen his eyes before he remembered what was going on. So he closed his eyes and tilted his head a little to the side to deepen the kiss whilst a lot the crowd were looking in awe.

They softly kissed for another couple of seconds before they separated, gasping for air a little and just staring into each other’s eyes.

Their parents smiled and gave them a thumbs up.

Then Lu Han remembered.

It was all an act. 


A/N: Update Update! Hope you're all enjoying this story!