Chapter III

A Very Cliched Story

“Can you not do this?” Lu han asked, staring at his fiancé who was currently just sitting on a bench and giving his autograph to any young high school girl that approached him – and of course occasional boy. He was acting like the idol he was, and yes, Lu Han kind of understood it, but what he didn’t understand was why Sehun had to insult him if one of them asked why they were sitting together.

The conversations usually ended up like this.

“Why are you sitting beside Lu Han?” An average young girl asked who was obviously very much into Oh Sehun.

That’s when the idol would look to the other student and purse his lips.

“Sadly, he’s incapable of doing anything himself, so his parents set me to look after him for a while.” And he said it with a voice that actually made it sound believable. It seriously annoyed Lu Han.

Because then all the girls would look at him with sheer pity. And he tried to tell them that Sehun was being a jerk, but of course, they took the idol’s side.

Sehun finally stopped signing autographs and turned to Lu Han before chuckling.

“What is it?” He asked, obviously proud of himself. The other student groaned as he rolled his eyes and just decided to ignore it.

At least the crowd around them backed away.

He had no idea how he was going to get used to this, at all.

Baekhyun wrapped his jacket more around him as he stepped outside, the cold air already hitting him, and he moved towards the school bus that was getting ready to take the students back to the school. The field trip was over – thankfully – and now he just wanted to get to the school so he could get home.

He moved inside of the bus, moving to the middle so that hopefully no one would choose to sit beside them. Mostly the students either picked the back of the bus so that the teachers couldn’t see them, or at the front because of motion sickness.

The middle seemed like the best idea at the moment. When he sat down, he grabbed his earphones and began listening to music.

It was the hobby he loved the most.

Mostly because it allowed him to seclude himself from his surroundings. People and he just weren’t compatible.

Just as he was about to drift into a calm mind, his eyes caught someone walking down the middle of the bus’s aisle who was staring at him. And that’s when Baekhyun realised that it was the tall student that had a habit of staring him down. He had a feeling that this wasn’t going to end too well. Staring back at his iPod, he tried to ignore him. Which of course didn’t end to well.

Suddenly there was someone nudging his shoulders before Baekhyun felt that particular someone sit beside him.

But he sighed and took out his headphones.

It was now or never. He had to deal with this whole stalker thing now.

“What is it that you want?” the boy asked, just staring at the tall one who was grinning like madman.

“Your name?” The other said, wriggling his eyebrows a little.

“Byun Baekhyun. And can you leave me alone?” Baekhyun wondered, trying hard to get the other off his back. He also had a feeling that the other was just being a pain in the because he wanted to be.

The other chuckled.

“My name is Park Chanyeol.” He said, grinning still.

“I didn’t ask your name.”

“You’re a fantastically curious creature.” Chanyeol suddenly said, moving his face closer to the other’s just so that he could get a better look.

Baekhyun stared at him. And that sentence ran through his head.

It just doubled his need of wanting to get this idiot away from him. He placed his headphones back into his ears and tried to just play the ignoring game. Apparently, it just made Chanyeol laugh.

The taller student decided to take the time to examine the other carefully.

Baekhyun’s fringe continued to fall over his eyes, but it made him look better. His hair looked silky and smooth.

He was definitely excited to play this game of cat and mouse with him.

Kai groaned and let his head fall off the table in his room. Luckily, Kyungsoo wasn’t present at the moment, meaning that he could have his friends over. But unlike before, one of his friends in particular had some baggage. So Yixing, Lu Han and Sehun were now sitting in his room, two of them were actually conversing with him, one of them was not.

Yixing stood up and walked over to his friend, patting him on the back and whispering those sweet words that of course left his mouth pretty often.

But in all honesty, it wasn’t Jongin’s problems he wanted to talk about.

It was about what happened to him on the field trip. His friends didn’t know yet.

“Um guys?” Yixing said, and Jongin and Lu Han turned to him immediately. Especially since he sounded rather suspicious. The oldest moved off the bed – and away from the idol who was on his phone – before leaning on the desk.

Kai and Lu Han shared a small look of curiosity before turning to their friend.

“What is it?” Jongin wondered, glad that his mind could get off the thoughts of how horrible his life really was. Lu Han smiled at how flustered his friend seemed.

It was different for Lay. But it was nice.

“I met a guy today.” Lay whispered, and both of the other guy’s eyes widened.

“What?” Jongin asked, shaking his head a little. He was in disbelief that his quiet friend, Yixing, had actually met a guy on a field trip. But the thing was, it sounded that he wasn’t from the school. Just as Lu Han was about to comment on the mystery man, a scoff was heard from behind them.

Lu Han turned to his fiancé and simply glared at him.

It was one thing for Sehun to annoy him himself, it was another to actually laugh at his friends.

But he wasn’t going to say anything, not now. He was more interested in Lay.

“So, who was it?” Lu Han asked, smiling as he watched Lay blush a little.

“Well, he didn’t go to our school actually.” Yixing explained, peeking his friend’s interest even more. “We met when he sat beside me…”

Kai grinned and wriggled his lips. Moving forward on his chair, he spoke.

“What’s his name?” He asked, clearly excited. Lay blushed even more before he bit his lip.

“Kim Joonmyun.”

“Oh hot name.” Lu Han said, moving forward and elbowing his friend playfully. “And, what did he look like?” He wondered, wanting to get all the juicy details. Lay glared at him a little before he just shrugged his shoulders.

“Just a normal looking guy.”

“And?”

“He was angelic.”

Kai and Lu Han grinned at each other. If Lay gave a guy the title of angelic then he was certainly that. Yixing was always one that had the exact right taste in men. And now both were extremely curious.

After about a minute of Lay trying to describe Joonmyun – but sadly he was terrible at describing things.

But it was still hilarious to hear him try.

All of a sudden the door to the room was opened, and in came a very tall and handsome man that was pretty surprised at how full his room was. Kyungsoo looked around the people before he actually saw his roommate. Moving over, he swung his arm over the other’s neck and pulled him close, pointing to the rest of the guys in his room before speaking.

“…Why are there a lot of guys in my room?” Kyungsoo asked, looking down at his roommate with a rather confused smile on his lips.

Jongin gulped at the closeness before smiling.

“Uh they’re just my friends.” He explained. Kyungsoo nodded before chuckling.

“Oh Sehun is your ‘friend’?”

Kai turned to the said idol before shrugging his shoulders. It was probably easier not to explain the whole thing with Lu Han. His roommate stared at him and then looked back at the idol before shrugging.

“Fair enough.”

There was another scoff from the bed that was ignored. Kyungsoo let the other go and moved away over to his bed.

“So, there’s a party tonight.” He said, looking over at his roommate with a suggestive smile. “And I know you haven’t had anyone in a long time.” Kyungsoo whispered, biting his lip before moving over to Jongin. “So, why don’t you come?”

Kai stared at him and sighed. But he smiled.

“Sure. Why not?” he asked, trying to hide the hurt in his expression.

“Great! Oh! And why don’t you invite your friends too?” Kyungsoo leaned in close to whisper into his roommate’s ear the last part. “Especially the idol.” Winking, he turned to other guys and waved them goodbye, before he his heel and left the room immediately.

It was an awkward silence.

Lu Han looked over at Lay and thought of a way to break the ice.

“So, did you get Joonmyun’s number?” He asked, and his friend turned red, giving him the answer. “Great! Ask him to come to the party tonight.”

Lay stared at him in disbelief before he shook his head.

“N-No. He wouldn’t want to come to a stupid high school party.” Lay said, rubbing his arms. He wasn’t used to being this nervous. Looking around, he pouted his lips when he saw his friends laugh at him. “Whatever.” He said, sighing.

Lu Han moved forward and hugged him a little.

Kai did the exact same thing from the other side.

“Just try.” Lu Han whispered.

“Come on.” Kai whispered from the other side.

Yixing groaned before pushing his two friends away from him to try and get some person space. Pouting like he had just been picked on, he sighed before grabbing his phone and staring at it. But the other two boys knew that he was now going to search for Joonmyun’s contact and ask him. Yixing was always susceptible to pressure – it was a bad and good point about him.

The boy moved out of the room to make the call privately whilst his other two friends just stared at him with a grin on their faces.

Lu Han sighed before he looked at his watch.

Ever since this stupid engagement, his parents had made him stay at home instead of at the dorms like Kai and Yixing. It . Looking over at the idol that would rather be somewhere else – and he didn’t even try to hide it – he spoke.

“We should go Sehun.” He said, making the other look up.

“Fine, whatever.”

Just as they were about to leave, Kai moved and grabbed his arm.

“Party tonight?” he asked, his eyes shining brightly to try and convince him to come. The other looked back and sighed before he nodded. “Great!” Kai was just glad he wasn’t going to be alone. “And you?” he looked to the idol who was a little startled that he was being asked to a party.

Sehun pursed his lips before he shrugged. Then he left. Lu Han stared after him before turning to Jongin.

“I’ve begun to realise that that means yes.” He said, smiling

“Oh… right. Okay, see you there!” Kai grinned, patting the other on his back whilst saying goodbye.

Xiumin was casually sitting on a bench alone, eating a sandwich as he looked up to the night sky with a smile. It was always so peaceful at this time, the moon looked beautiful and so did the stars. Plus, no one hardly left the school at night, so no one was around.

Putting another piece of the sandwich into his mouth, he let out a small moan of pleasure as the food slid down his throat. It was good to eat finally – he was too busy during the day to have something.

Just as he was about to close his eyes and listen to the sweet music of nothingness, someone tapped his shoulder.

Apparently, once again he was wrong about the ‘no company’ thing.

“Hey Xiumin.” Chen said, smirking before sitting beside him.

“…What are you doing here?” Minseok wondered, placing the bread beside him before looking at the rebel. All he had heard about him was obviously not true – especially the anti-social thing. No, because Chen obviously had a weird obsession with communicating with the geek of the school.

The other boy bit his lip before staring up at the sky. The expression that lay on Chen’s face was a little surprising.

He too, looked very peaceful as he stared at the stars and moon.

“It’s nice and quiet at this time.” Jongdae commented, smiling. “And you looked rather lonely.”

Xiumin rolled his eyes.

“I wanted to be alone.” The boy tried to explain, but Chen shook his head.

“Someone as beautiful as you should never be alone.”

That comment alone made Xiumin blush. It was a rather… interesting compliment to give – but he didn’t want it. Looking at the rebel, he groaned and shook his head, trying to get past the thoughts.

“Whatever.” He whispered, staring down at his own feet. “I’m going to go.” Just as he was about to leave, Jongdae stood up and grabbed his wrist.

“Are you going to the party tonight?” He asked, and the other shook his head.

“Of course not.”

“Why not?” Chen wondered, that the other wasn’t even looking at him. “Well?” he asked as he got no answer. Finally, Xiumin sighed and closed his eyes a little before turning around and glaring at the boy.

The glare, however, made Chen only smile much more.

“One, I didn’t get invited.” Minseok said. “Two, I don’t drink.” He continued. “And three, none of my friends will be there so there really is no point.”

After he finished, the rebel gasped at the last part. But then he smiled.

“Well, okay.”

Chen chuckled before moving forward. He smiled as he came close to the other’s face with his own.

“One, I’m inviting you.” His breath was hitting Minseok’s lips. “Two, you don’t need to drink at a party.” Chen chuckled as he watched the other’s cheeks reddening from the closeness between them. “And three, I’ll be there.” The boy’s voice was deep and slow, but it sent small shivers down Xiumin’s spine.

The boy could feel his body began to heat up a little before he shook his head. This made Chen pout at the other’s continuous rejection.

But before Chen could say anything, Minseok spoke.

“I have nothing to wear…”

“I can help.”

There was loud music nearly bursting through the walls, and it was really getting on his nerves. Zitao looked over at his roommate who seemed just as annoyed as he was but what his roommate didn’t understand was that this really happened on a weekly basis.

His roommate had just moved to the school, and Zitao was rather excited when he heard about it – but also scared.

Scared that his roommate was going to be another douchebag.

Or scared that he was going to be a weird serial killer.

Truth be told, his roommate was closer to the second one but it wasn’t that serious. Sadly, he didn’t really like to speak much thus making it hard for Zitao to actually become friends with him.

“Annoying huh?” Zitao said suddenly, making his roommate look over but only give a swift nod before returning to his previous task.

The younger sighed before leaning on his bed again.

At least he tried. Another bang came from the adjacent room and the boy was very close to just bursting. Just as he was about to try and smother himself on his pillow, he watched curiously as his roommate suddenly stood up and walked to the door with an angry expression on his face.

“Baekhyun, where are you going?” Zitao wondered, sitting up straight. The other turned to look at him.

“To complain.”

The other had a good idea, but Zitao knew that it wouldn’t do them any good. It was a bunch of high-schoolers drinking illegally. Baekhyun walked out of the room and moved to the adjacent one.

Knocking on it, the person he didn’t want to see opened it.

Chanyeol’s lips turned upwards into a smirk. Moving forward, his hands were suddenly pressed onto Baekhyun’s neck and he pushed his lips onto his.

The other boy’s eyes widened.

He pushed Chanyeol off of him quickly and quickly brought up his leg, kicking the other in the stomach hard and forcing Chanyeol to stumble backwards, releasing a loud shout. Glaring at him hard, he moved into the room and stared down at the other hard.

“Whilst you’re in pain, please keep it down.” Baekhyun said, in a low and rather scary tone of voice. Chanyeol just nodded.

Before he could leave, however, he noticed a blonde moving out of the room and into theirs. Moving forward, he saw the said blonde walk into his room and shut the door.

Now that, was certainly out of the ordinary.


A/N: It's now 7 am and I still havent slept. but I hope you enjoy this! (Especially gacktx)! <3