Chapter II

A Very Cliched Story

Opening the door, he moved inside and threw his bag into his own bed, shutting the door behind him and turning the light on. What he saw, was something he never wanted to see because he wasn’t sure if his heart would be able to take the pain. All of a sudden there were three people screaming at each other in complete surprise at what was happening.

“Jongin what the ?! Turn off that goddamn light!” Kyungsoo shouted as he sat up and grabbed the covers, trying to cover up the girl that was currently hyperventilating because of embarrassment beside him.

His roommate stared at the other’s , body for a little while before turning around and throwing his hand over his eyes.

“I am so sorry!” He shouted, trying to get the image of Kyungsoo out of his head. Jongin moved over to the light and switched it off, waiting for his roommate to speak again.

It was silence before he heard the girl moan very loudly.

Well, that made Kai feel completely uncomfortable.

What made it even more awkward was the fact that his roommate had begun roughly as well, and he could hear the sound of skin slapping together. And he started to wonder how Kyungsoo thought just continuing to a girl in his presence would be okay. Because it wasn’t. Jongin started to feel his heart beat slow down and his mind go a little fuzzy.

Thinking about what to do, he turned around and moved out the door without a second thought. Yeah, he couldn’t stand being in there when the love of his life if ing someone from the other gender.

That was just like a big slap in the face to him.

Sliding down the wall, he was glad that the door provided support against noises from inside: meaning he couldn’t’ hear what was going on.

Taking out his phone, Jongin pressed onto one of his friends names and held the phone to his ear, hoping that the other was free because he was sure he needed to vent just as much as Kai did. Waiting rather impatiently, he just wanted the other to pick up the god damn phone. Just as he was about to cancel the call, he heard the soft and weary voice of Lu Han suddenly appear.

“Hello?”

“Hey Lu. It’s Jongin.”

“Oh Kai, I’m glad you called.”

“Yeah, how have you been?”

“Horrible. I can’t stand what’s going on. But my parents just won’t listen to me.”

“I can’t imagine that. How’s the other guy?”

“His name is Oh Sehun. Maybe you’ve heard of him?”

“The idol?! He’s your fiancé?!”

“Yup. And he views me as a lowlife who is completely out to ruin his life. I don’t deserve to be around someone like him, apparently. And every time I try to at least make some conversation, he just glares and walks away.”

“Ouch. And he has such a good personality on stage and variety shows.”

“Yeah well, he’s a stuck up jerk.”

“Well, that makes me feel better about my own situation. Thanks.”

“What’s wrong?”

“Let’s just say, I’m currently outside the door to my room.”

“Why? Did Kyungsoo lock you out?”

“Not exactly. He’s ing a girl and I don’t care to sit on my bed and listen.”

“Oh Jongin. You still haven’t told him?”

“Tell him what? Tell him that I’m a homoual and I love him? Do you know what he’d do? He’d probably beat me up and  move out.”

“I know, sorry…”

“Just… Ugh.”

“Well, I have a worse situation so take pride in your relatively better issue.”

“Gee, thanks.”

“Well, I’ll be back to school tomorrow… with someone else.”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“My parents think it’d be a perfect opportunity to bond with Sehun if he went to school with me.”

“Oh my… won’t that cause a ruckus? He is an idol and all.”

“Sehun’s parents and manager agreed.”

“Well, that outta make tomorrow exciting. But remember, we have the school trip…”

“Damn, forgot about that. Guess I just need to bring him along but yeah. I better go, my parents are calling me. I’ll see you tomorrow Kai.”

“Okay, see you.”

Jongin shut the phone and took a deep breath. Well, he could only see chaos coming out of Sehun appearing at their school tomorrow, and he had a feeling that he was going to be all too friendly with Lu han either, or them. Ah, life just continued to get worse from now on.

Just as he was about to play a little game on his mobile phone, the door to his room suddenly opened and Kyungsoo popped his head out.

There were multiple hickeys all over his neck and his hair was messy.

And it just looked so hot. Jongin felt his body start to heat up just at the view of the other before he waited for what the other wanted to tell him. Kyungsoo his lips and wriggled his eyebrows before speaking.

“Well Jonginnie~,” Jongin’s breath hitched when the nickname slipped past his roommate’s lips, “That girl in there wouldn’t say no to another round.” He winked at his roommate with a suggestive expression on his face. At first, Kai was really confused at what the other was originally offering,  but then realisation appeared on his face when he realised that the other was offering his girl to him for the night.

His eyes widened but he tried to quickly cover up the look of disgust on his face with a funny one.

“I think I’ll pass.” Kai said, waving his hand.

Kyungsoo pouted before he shrugged and moved back into the room. About a minute later there was a girl stumbling out of the room with her clothes barely hanging around her body.

Jongin’s roommate was now standing in the doorway waving her goodbye. Then he turned to Kai.

“You may come in now.” He said, grinning like he had just had the time of his life.

“Right.”

Lu Han shoved his jacket on before waiting impatiently for his ‘fiancé’ to show up so they could finally leave. Tapping his foot, he stared at the clock and realised that if Sehun didn’t show up soon they were going to be late. And he didn’t really appreciate that.

“Come on, hurry up!” He shouted, not leaving the hint of annoyance in the tone of his voice. His mother and father suddenly appeared with rather stern expressions on their faces.

“Don’t be so rude Lu Han.” The woman said, pointing at him with authority.

Lu Han just ignored her. It’s been only 2 days since he found out he was engaged to the all popular idol ‘Oh Sehun’ and he was already about to go crazy. He didn’t particularly like the way his parents had been acting with him as well – they treated Sehun so much better than him – so he just gave up with them at the moment. And the way the idol was treating him made him hope that he would just leave and go back to his own fancy house.

But no, there was no way he was getting out of this one. Although he wasn’t ready to just accept everything that was happening to him, he kind of already gave up trying to fix this.

“Alright, alright, I’m coming.” The idol said, moving forward and standing in front of Lu Han.

Lu Han stared at the idol and the clothes he was wearing.

Sehun had leather pants wrapped around his long lean legs, and he had a low cute white V-neck on his torso. The boy’s hair was also styled messily and he had sunglasses over his eyes.

The boy just shouted to the world that he was a very important person. One that Lu Han now had to roam the halls of his own high school with. It was something that was definitely going to attract a lot of unwanted attention for him – but apparently Sehun was looking for attention. Either that or he was just trying to get on Lu Han’s nerves.

“Well, you boys have fun!” Lu Han’s dad said, waving at them both.

Sehun rolled his eyes before just walking past Lu Han and out the door, the older following reluctantly behind them.

They moved towards a very expensive looking car – a Ferrari – and Lu Han just gaped. That is until Sehun brought out his car keys and unlocked it. Well, Lu Han should’ve expected that the other would drive something as brilliant as this, but he wondered if he was going into the car with the idol.

That would certainly be an awkward ride to school. As he stood outside of the car when Sehun moved into the driver’s seat, he jumped a little when Sehun shouted at him.

“Are you going to get in or what?” Sehun said, honking the horn.

“Fine.” Lu Han moved into the passenger sheet and placed his school bag onto the floor. Putting his seatbelt on, he bit his lip when he felt the car back out of the driveway. He looked over at the idol who was focusing intensely on the road, and he realised that the other didn’t actually look too bad. But he supposed this was as good as time as any to try and get some successful conversation between them as they only really knew each other’s names.

Clearing his throat, he took a deep breath before he spoke to Sehun who was tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

“If you don’t mind me asking,” Lu Han started and he saw the other flinch, “What age are you?” He decided he may as well get the general information out of the way at first.

Sehun glanced over at the passenger and turned back to the road.

“17. Born in April.” He said, sounding generally uninterested. He didn’t even ask for Lu Han’s age as if he simply didn’t care. But at least now Lu Han knew that the other was younger than him.

That was a nice conversation.

“Mind if I play some music?” Lu Han asked, leaning against the chair feeling rather de-spirited now. The idol just shrugged his shoulders so the older took that as a yes and began playing around with the cars music stereo. He thanked god that it wasn’t hard to manoeuvre and he pressed the play button so that whatever CD was on started to play.

That’s when someone’s rather soft and nice voice began to play and Lu Han tilted his head a little as he listened to the music. It sounded vaguely familiar.

Like, he had heard it before.

But he didn’t listen to pop music so he was pretty sure he hadn’t. That’s when it clicked inside of his mind and he turned his eyes to the driver who was mouthing his lips to the words. So that’s who it was.

“This is your song?” he asked, trying to ignore the fact that Sehun had his own music playing in his own car.

There was no reply but a cold stare.

Rolling his own eyes, he thanked the lord that they had gotten to the school car park in a matter of minutes. The atmosphere in the car was starting to bother him completely and he just wanted out of that hot and closed space.

Moving out of the car, he grabbed his bag and waited for Sehun to do the same thing. Once the idol did, he locked the car and moved over to stand beside Lu Han, as if he was waiting for something. But Lu Han didn’t know what. Staring at him with an eyebrow raised, Sehun rolled his eyes and took off his sunglasses before glaring hard at the older. After only two days, Lu Han was already used to this treatment and it didn’t bother him anymore. In fact, it only got him bored.

“So? Gonna show me to class or what?” Sehun said, looking at the other boy like he was dumb.

That was another y thing about this. Sehun had to go to every single one of Lu Han’s class – which meant they would be together basically 24/7 and that was going to be horrible.

Taking a deep breath to try and calm himself down, Lu Han simply nodded and began to walk into the building.

Oh god, he just wanted his friends.

Baekhyun sat at the back of the class, hands fiddling with his iPod as he tried to pick some music that he actually wanted to listen to. Sure, he left one earphone in just in case the teacher actually said something interesting – but this was pretty unlikely, yet, they were going on a trip today so he had to wait to hear for the teacher’s announcement on when they were going.

That’s just what he needed. A bunch of idiotic teenagers plus him on a bus for around an hour, just to be able to go to a stupid museum and check out a bunch of old stuff that he did not care about.

Placing his iPod on the table, he got a feeling that some people were staring at him.

Looking through his fringe to the front, he noticed that a particular tall student was staring at him with a sickening smile on his lips. That couldn’t be good. Baekhyun just ignored it as his eyes went straight to the teacher instead, at least trying to make it look like he was focusing on something else.

Yet that wasn’t the only time that tall stranger had been staring at him. Baekhyun knew the other had been watching him at lunch too, ever since he moved here.

It made him uncomfortable.

And he didn’t particularly like the way the other was staring at him either.

He locked eyes with the other again and the taller one just continued to stare. Baekhyun was hoping he’d look away, but no. And now all he hoped was that on the bus they would be separated by a long line of other students.

“Okay everyone, grab your things.” The teacher announced, taking a hold of her bag and walking out of the door.

All the students stood up and grabbed their things, leaving the classroom.

The bus was already parked outside, ready to leave when the students climbed on board. Baekhyun was one of the last people to get on so he had to sit near the front – at least it was away from all the attentive and popular people who sat at the back so they weren’t watched by the teachers. Baekhyun put in his earphones in and let his head fall back against the chair, closing his eyes as he absorbed the music.

All he hoped that this trip was going to be more or less uneventful.

“Woah, isn’t this just amazing?” Zitao asked, his fingers lightly tracing the single glass case that held inside one of art’s most precious objects. His best friend stared at him with a raised eyebrow before he shook his head. Xiumin didn’t understand the other’s fascination with old objects but he guessed everyone has their own little unusual obsession.

Looking around, his own eyes widened when he noticed a certain someone who was simply playing on his phone. He didn’t think the other would actually come to the school trip.

The boy never usually did. Why this one?

When he felt Chen’s eyes move up and connect with his own, he immediately turned back to Zitao. Listening to the other ramble was relaxing.

“Where do you want to go next?” Zitao asked, actually smiling at his friend. It was unusual to see him smile but it was nice. Usually the other would be sour all day – not that Xiumin blamed him at all – so many people in the school looked down on them but, at this place, his younger friend was actually content with himself and his surroundings.

Looking around, he walked along with Tao and viewed various paintings on the wall and historical artefacts that didn’t really interest him.

But then he saw Tao’s personal abuser walk towards them, and he grew angry.

Even here, his best friend was going to get bullied. And there was nothing he could do to stop it, he was just another nerdy geek that was simply in the way of the ‘big almighty Kris’. Biting his lip, he glared as Kris approached them.

“Hey guys!” Kris shouted, swinging his arm around Zitao before smirking at Xiumin and winking at him. “How is my good old punching bag today?”

Zitao froze at the other’s contact. Just once, he wanted to have a relatively good day.

But that was never going to happen in his world.

Turning his head, he was faced with the blonde that roamed his nightmares. Trying to calm down, he just turned away and shrugged the other’s arms off of his shoulder and moved forward more. Kris pouted before he quickly moved around and stood in front of Zitao.

“No, no, don’t go anywhere!” Kris said, the smile moving away from his lips. Tao stopped and just stared at the other, not speaking at all.

Xiumin stared in pure anger as Kris continued to insult his friend.

And push him.

And just make his life a living hell.

And it was aggravating because he could do absolutely nothing about it. All that he would do is make everything so much worse for Zitao because Kris would only double his pain. Zitao was a pro at pretending this behaviour didn’t affect him, and he just kept a straight face as Kris continued to scratch into his own feelings.

Kris pushed the shoulder of Tao again, and the boy stumbled back. But he didn’t want to look even more wimpy, but he was too scared to fight the other back.

“Hey, why don’t you leave the kid alone?”

Someone interrupted the scene and Kris turned to whoever it was. Xiumin and Zitao just stared at the newcomer who had his hands in his jeans pockets and a smile on his red lips.

Kris moved away from Zitao and walked towards the other.

“What the hell do you want?” he asked, but the other didn’t even seem to bother with him as he immediately walked past him and up to one of the two boys.

Standing in front of Xiumin, Chen smirked.

“Hey.” He said, and the other just stared at him like he was looking at a ghost. “So, how are you on this fine day?” He asked. Xiumin stared at him before looking over to Zitao who was just as confused as he was. However, the blonde that was currently getting ignored didn’t like that fact that he was interrupted by a rebellious student who didn’t even have any friends.

Kris moved over to the Chen and grabbed onto his shoulder, twisting him around and putting their faces closer together. The anger in his eyes should’ve sent Chen into a cold shiver, but the rebel just smiled.

“Who the hell do you think you are?!” The blonde’s voice was pretty loud, attracting the attention of his friend, Kyungsoo who immediately rushed over.

“Oh… Um, I’m Chen.” Chen said, putting out his hand with a grin.

“You know what I ing mean.” Kris growled, grinding his teeth together, getting ready to hit the one in front of him.

Xiumin pulled his best friend close to him.

It’d probably be best if they just stepped away and let the other two fight it out. Although he was curious as to why Chen had interfered. It looked like Kris was about to burst at him, a fight was probably likely to ensue. Zitao held onto his sleeve as he watched the confrontation.

Chen glanced over at Xiumin and smiled before twisting his head back to Kris.

“Can I go now? Or you know what? You can go.” Chen said, nodding his head before moving over to Xiumin and simply standing in front of him in silence.

Kris was about to charge the rebel before his best friend caught his hand.

Turning to Kyungsoo, he snarled at the next interruption. But Kyungsoo was used to the other’s tantrums.

“Let’s just go. The teachers are looking over.” Kyungsoo spoke quietly and Kris just nodded.

Both of them left.

“What did you do that for?” Xiumin asked, staring up at Jongdae with curious eyes. But he was glad that it happened, at least – for the first time in a long time – Zitao didn’t have to endure Kris’s awful bullying. The rebel in front of him smirked before he leaned down, bringing his face very close to Minseok’s, speaking quietly so that only he and Zitao could hear him.

“Because I didn’t want you hurt.” He whispered, his eyes moving down the other’s face to his lips that looked so inviting. “And I’m guessing seeing your best friend get hurt, hurts you.”

Xiumin’s eyes widened. The other’s sentence was extremely surprising.

Why would the other want to protect him or not see him hurt? It was an awful weird chain of events. Zitao turned to his friend and just stared.

“Well… thanks.” Xiumin said before turning to Zitao. “Let’s go.”

Chen watched as the two boys turned around and walked away from him. But he was still smiling as he did, his eyes sneakily moving down to the boy’s rather perky as he walked away.

Ah it was fun.

Yixing sat on the seats, simply filling in the worksheet that the teacher had given them to do, deciding to get it over with so he could at least relax and enjoy himself without the thought of work filling his head. Letting out a sigh, he marked in another answer before he felt someone sit beside him.

Looking around, he saw someone that was most definitely not a student in his class because he would of noticed him before. Going back to his sheet when he felt the other’s eyes move to his own face.

Trying to focus on the sheet, he was nearly successful before he felt someone tap his shoulder.

‘Please don’t be the gorgeous boy beside me.’ Yixing thought as he turned around and stared at the other.

“Um, yes?” he asked, his voice a little higher than he wanted it to be.

“Sorry to bother you, but, are you on a school trip here?” The gorgeous boy asked, his smile almost angelic as he stared at Yixing with an interested and curious emotion in his eyes.

Yixing nodded slowly with a smile. Or at least something like a smile. His heart was beating very fast all of a sudden.

“My name is Joonmyun.” The man said, putting out his hand. Yixing took it immediately and stared into Joonmyun’s eyes. The name was perfect for someone like him, it was a nice name. Yixing really liked that name and he wondered if it felt good to say it too.

“Nice to meet you Joonmyun. I’m Yixing.” He replied, and the other shot him an even better looking smile.

“That’s nice name.” he said and Yixing felt his cheeks reddening.

Okay, he was going to die if the other smiled any more.


A/N: Ta-dah! Yet another chapter!