Chapter I

A Very Cliched Story

It was unusual for his parents to call him away from school to come over. Lu Han was weary.

His parents were sitting on the couch with small smiles on their lips, sitting in silence which was particularly unusual for them – it meant something was definitely up. Lu Han took a few steps forward and tilted his head. Truth be told, he was worried in case it was something bad, and he wasn’t sure if he wanted to ask them what was up.

Sadly, both of his parents noticed his presence within the room and at the exact same time, they turned to stare at them with those bright and scary smiles on their faces. The boy gulped before he knew they wanted him to take a seat opposite them. When he did, his mother was the first one to speak.

“Honey, we have something to tell you.” She said, and it was exactly what the other was waiting for. There had to be some sort of news. Although, it didn’t look like it was particularly bad.

Because, they looked sickly happy.

And that was probably a bad thing. Shuffling his feet, he began nervously playing with his fingers as he waited for the other to continue on her speech.

“I know, you probably won’t feel good about this at first, but trust me, you’ll warm up to the idea!” The woman explained with her husband beside him nodding along with his wife’s words. “But I want you to know, that although you will complain, you do not have a choice.” She said, as if she had to clarify that her son could not say anything against their choice.

It scared Lu Han. The boy could only nod – he was brought up to respect the decisions of his parents as they had sheltered and fed him his entire life. But this was terrifying him.

Before his father could get a word in, there was a couple of knocks at their front door.

Both his mother and father smiled at each other before the woman stood up. Looking at her child, she just smiled as if she was very excited and moved towards the door, leaving Lu Han and his father alone.

It was an uncomfortable silence, but Lu Han suspected whoever was at the door had something to do with whatever his parents were deciding for him.

But he was still at a loss of what it could be.

Standing up from courtesy, he noticed his mother entering the room again – followed by two males and a woman about her age. Lu Han looked even more confused at the scene but he simply put on a fake smile and waited until someone had spoken first.

His mother moved back to her previous seat and offered the couch Lu Han was standing beside to the other three. Lu Han quickly moved and sat beside his mother, carefully looking over at the three strangers and studying them. One of the males was about the same age as the female, and the other was probably the same age as him. Which made the situation even weirder.

The other young boy was staring at him too, well, that was an understatement. If Lu Han were to be specific, he had to say that the other boy was in fact glaring at him. But he didn’t remember doing anything to receive that kind of attention.

The glare on the other’s face was petrifying – it wreaked hatred.

But they had only just met, right? What had he to hate about Lu Han if this was the first time they had met?

“Well, Lu Han, this is Oh Sehun and his wonderful parents.” His father announced.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Lu Han said rather quietly, bowing his head and smiling at the three on the other couch. The parents smiled gratefully at him, but he was still receiving a glare from the young boy.

“Now it’s time to explain why they are here.” His mother had now turned to him and smiled. “Your father and I have made an agreement with Mr and Mrs Oh here, between you and their own son.” Lu Han raised an eyebrow before he began to get unnatural shivers down his back. He had a feeling whatever was going to come out of his mother’s mouth was not going to be pleasant. “You and Sehun are to be married.”

Lu Han’s eyes widened right on cue. He could feel his breath leaving his body as the information sunk into his mind.

His parents have arranged his marriage.

To another boy.

Someone who he had never met before.

And someone who already resents him.

“W-W-What?” He asked as his voice low and quiet as he tried to think straight. “B-But I can’t get married!” The boy shouted, his eyes looking crazed as he stood up and faced his parents.

Both of them shared a look but shrugged their shoulders. All they did was shrug their shoulders.

“It’s already arranged. You cannot get out of it.” His father said. Or really, he ordered.

“Sorry honey. But this will be good for you!” The woman of the house mentioned, but her son stared at her like she was a crazy serial killer. There was no way that he could get married! He was only seventeen, and he didn’t even know the boy that was currently stabbing daggers into his back with his brown eyes.

Shaking his head, he tried to get his breathing under control. Lu Han folded his arms over his chest and stared down at his parents. The expressions on their faces really bothered him. It was like everything was perfect in the world.

“Mum, Dad, I can’t get married!” he exclaimed, glancing over at the other three in the room who were judging him.

But he didn’t care at the moment. All he wanted was to change his parents’ minds.

“I’m still in high school! I’m only seventeen, and hell, I’ve never even been in a relationship before. You expect me to get married to someone I have never even met?” He asked, his voice breaking under the pressure and emotion of the entire situation.

His parents stood up, both at the exact same time. The woman placed a hand on her son’s shoulder and smiled at him.

“I’m sorry. But it’s happening.”

“How about we leave these two alone for a while?” His father asked, and the other two adults in the room grinned and nodded, standing up and following Lu Han’s parents out of the room and shutting the door.

Leaving Lu Han and Sehun alone together. The atmosphere was almost suffocating and Lu Han didn’t particularly want to turn around and face his…

Fiancé.

Ugh. He was almost going to throw up.

“Your name is Lu Han, right?” The other boy in the room surprisingly spoke first, standing up and walking over to the boy.

Turning around, he took a deep breath and nodded, not speaking at all.

“I can’t believe I’m getting forced to marry someone like you.” Sehun began walking around Lu Han in a circle, judging him at every single point. “Me, an idol that is practically wanted by everyone in the country, has to marry a lowlife like you – who hasn’t even been in a relationship.”

Turning around, Lu Han stared at him with angry eyes.

Oh no. This was not going to be a fun arrangement.

Jongin was tapping his fingers on the school table, staring at the clock with a sorrowful expression on his face as he wished time would just go faster. Looking over at Yixing who was chuckling ever so slightly at his behaviour, he shrugged before he heard his phone go off. Turning it on, he looked at the message he had just received from his friend, Lu Han.

His face immediately turned pale – alerting Yixing who glanced at the teacher before rushing over to his table and kneeling beside him. Looking at Jongin, he grabbed the phone and read the message for himself.

“Oh my god.” His voice was low as he stared at Kai who was now looking at him. “This has to be some sort of joke message, right?” He asked, but the other shook his head. For some reason, he felt that the message on the phone was completely serious, besides, it wasn’t like Lu Han to make a joke like that.

Kai grabbed the phone and typed in a reply, quickly. Looking at Yixing he took a deep breath and shrugged his shoulders.

“Well, that explains why he isn’t at school.” He whispered.

“He’s getting married. Like, what the hell?” Yixing said as he read the reply Lu Han had just sent, confirming the message.

“His parents are pretty strict.” Jongin said.

“And apparently medieval. I wonder who he’s getting married to.” Yixing whispered, tapping his chin as he thought about if Lu Han had any guests in his house recently. But no one popped to mind. What he didn’t know was that the teacher was now beside him, promptly glaring at him for being out of his seat and chatting with a phone.

Yixing could feel everyone grow stiff and silent. Gulping, he turned around and looked up at the angry history teacher who was tapping her foot, annoyed.

Smiling nervously, he moved up from the floor and sat on his own seat.

The teacher glared continuously before moving to the front of the classroom again. She turned around and faced all of the students, waiting for them all to calm down and stop writing before she began to explain about the field trip that they were all going on the next day.

“Now, as I was saying, the field trip that is taking place tomorrow will consist of a museum, and a tour. I want everyone on their best behaviour, and you all need to take notes.” The teacher looked over before smiling. “And there will be a quiz on it the next day.”

There were groans coming from all the students in the class which didn’t bother her at all. Yixing looked over and Kai and they both looked grim.

At least Lu Han was going to be able to miss the trip.

Lunch came quickly after the end of class, and the two boys sat at an empty table, bringing out their lunches and eating in peace. Both of them were quiet until Jongin felt someone tap his shoulder. Looking around, he saw his roommate who was smiling at him before he sat beside them.

At the school, there was a decision you could make if you wanted to stay on campus. Jongin was the only one out of his friends that stayed at the school, and it just so happened that the boy here was his roommate, Do Kyungsoo.

“Hey Kai, how was class?” Kyungsoo wondered, grinning at them both.

“ish. How was yours?” He asked, and the other just shrugged his shoulders. Kai looked over at Lay who just smiled sadly at him for one particular reason. Kyungsoo was known around school as a play boy who was a particular hit with the ladies. It was also known that he was extremely homophobic. Sadly, Jongin was actually gay. Of course, Kyungsoo had no idea that his roommate was homoual; Kai took extra precaution to keep it away from him. That way they were actually pretty good friends.

And of course, there was one last problem with the whole situation. Jongin had an everlasting and passionate crush on Kyungsoo that he was obviously never going to get to.

It was the sad cruel life that he had to live.

“Well, I better go. See you later Kai.” Kyungsoo said, smiling before patting his shoulder and leaving to go find his own friends.

Kai let out a relieved sigh before he let his head fall down to the table.

“Are you alright?” Yixing asked, placing his head on his hand as he stared at his best friend with a pitied expression. “It , I know.” He said, not wanting to carry the conversation further because Jongin could actually get pretty emotional about this sometimes. Yixing couldn’t handle it on his own – he wasn’t that good with people crying, even if it was his friend.

“Whatever, I’ll be fine.” Kai said, scratching his head.

It was the understatement of the century.

Zitao held his books close to his chest as he waited beside his locker cautiously for his best friend to appear at the school. If he was alone, he always felt like he was in danger from all the bad things at school – this including people. People that he didn’t want to see in his life. However, god seemed to have some sort of grudge against him, and he was never really left alone.

Like how a tall blonde boy was currently moving forward towards him with a sick smirk on his lips. It was already starting and Zitao had only been at school for around five minutes.

He should’ve just went to class early. Maybe then he’d escape this.

Adjusting his glasses on his nose, he let his fringe fall over his eyes as he stared at his own feet. All he was thinking was trying to hope that maybe today would be his lucky day and the blonde would just walk by.

Maybe he’d blend into the background and disappear.

But no, as he said before, god and destiny was against him. He felt someone push his shoulder, effectively shoving him into the locker behind him.

Looking up, he found himself staring into the eyes that he had been terrified of for a very long time now. The other was smirking at him as if this was his most enjoyable past time. Perhaps it was, perhaps this is what got him through the day. But Zitao hated every second of the boy’s company. It wasn’t pleasant.

“So, how are you today, Zitao?” The other asked, keeping his hand on the other’s shoulders as he tilted his head. When he gained no answer, he laughed. “Oh don’t be so silent! It’s no fun.”

“Just leave me alone Kris.” Zitao whispered, his voice holding no confidence whatsoever.

“No. I like playing with you, it’s fun.” Kris said, smirking and showing his teeth. Moving forward, he banged the locker beside the boy’s head to scare him even more. Just as he was about to lift up his knee and aim it right into the other’s abdomen, he felt someone else’s hand on his shoulder. Turning around, he sighed. “Way to ruin my fun Kyungsoo.”

“I think that’s enough for this morning, don’t you?” Kyungsoo asked, and the other sighed but shrugged his shoulders. Kris immediately moved away as Kyungsoo just stared at Zitao with a little curiosity. He wondered why his friend liked picking on him.

The other had certainly not done anything to antagonise Kris, but, he supposed that was just the way things were. Chuckling at Zitao’s frightened face, he left.

Zitao let his head fall down to his chest.

Things were never going to get better.

“Come on Dad I’m going to be late!” Xiumin exclaimed as he was waiting impatiently by the door, stomping his feet in annoyance as he looked for his father to finally get ready and get off of his feet to drive him to school. Groaning when he heard the other slowly walking in, he frowned at the state of his father. “Dad. You’re not even ready.”

The old man looked at his son and just shrugged. He looked like he hadn’t gotten a good night sleep – but he was promptly out late last night, drinking with his bodies like he did practically every night.

They both stared at each other before Xiumin just rolled his eyes.

Moving over, he grabbed his father’s car keys off of the table and stared up at the other man. He sighed.

“I’ll just drive. See you later.” He whispered, not getting a reply.

He was used to it. Groaning, he turned around and grabbed his bag, running out of the door and unlocking the door, shoving his bag into the passenger seat. What he was really worried about was his friend Zitao who was probably waiting for him to get there so they could walk to class together. Starting up the car, he took a deep breath and backed out of the garage. Soon enough he was at the school but it was practically empty.

Which could only mean one thing: class had already started and he was completely and dreadfully late. Parking the car, he grabbed his back and moved out of the car door.

Locking it and checking it twice, he shoved his back over his shoulder and began walking into the school.

It was quiet and almost eerie.

That’s because everyone was at class. Or at least, in Xiumin’s mind everyone was supposed to be in class. But it turned out that not everyone was in class, and there was a straggler who decided to bother him and make him even more late.

“Hey!”

Xiumin stopped when he heard someone call out to him. It had to be him – there was no one else around.

Turning around, he spotted someone who he knew quite well. Well, he knew him by appearance and reputation really – they had never ever had a conversation between them, but the boy was pretty well known around the school as a rebellious teenager who was usually surrounded by many different types of alcohol and any kind of drug he could lay his hands on.

When the rebel moved close to him, Xiumin gulped a little in curiosity at what someone like that could want with someone as nerdy as him.

“Wait up.” The rebel whispered as he got to the other.

“Um, yes?” Xiumin asked, and the other smirked.

“I’m Kim Jongdae. But you, you can definitely call me Chen.” The rebellious student whispered rather seductively as his eyes began wandering the other’s body. It was true, Xiumin was a nerd, but Chen could see the other could be wickedly hot and y if he wanted to be.

Xiumin was startled by the other’s rather direct approach. Clearing his throat, he turned to face the other way before looking back at Jongdae.

“I’m Kim Minseok. Um, why are you talking to me?” He wondered.

“Because you’re particularly interesting to me.” Jongdae moved forward and let his fingers slide down the other’s jawline towards his neck. “Don’t you feel the connection between us?” he asked, his voice going even deeper than before and sending shivers down Xiumin’s spine.

The nerdy student stared silently at the other before he felt the other’s body moving closer towards him. Soon enough, they were very close and Xiumin could even feel the other’s breath on his face.

Chen smirked and moved his hand up the other’s head, running his fingers through the boy’s hair.

The atmosphere was tense between them and the rebel loved the feeling.

Moving his head closer, he loved the fact that Xiumin wasn’t even attempting to move away from him, he loved how submissive he was. Titling his own head to the right, he moved forward and pressed his own lips up against Minseok’s, keeping it soft before he began moving his lips much more passionately.

The nerd’s eyes widened before he brought up both of his hands and pushed the other away, staring at him like he had just seen a murder.

“What the hell are you doing?” he asked, wiping his lips with the back of his hands.

“Kissing you?” Chen said, chuckling as if the other was stupid. “Don’t admit that you didn’t like it baby.”

Xiumin didn’t even care that the other had technically molested him before he turned around and sped walked to the class that he was even more late for now. Glancing behind him, he glared at the rebel who was smirking at him before sighing.

He didn’t know what the hell that was, but he wasn’t going to think about it.

Not now.

“You have no idea how glad I am that class is over.” A tall boy said, walking to his normal table at lunch time to find the other two boys who were his best friends already sitting there.

“Sup Chanyeol.” One of them said, Himchan, before focusing on his mirror again.

“What happened in class?” Daehyun – the one Chanyeol had been walking with, asked, sitting down beside Himchan and rolling his eyes at how girly the other was – especially when it came to his appearance. When he got no response, Daehyun scoffed and spoke again. “Earth to Chanyeol!” he shouted, making his taller friend jump a little in his seat.

Chanyeol turned to Daehyun and rolled his eyes. Ignoring him again, he turned his attention back to the object that had caught it before when Daehyun was trying to speak to him.

The other boy at the table, Yong Guk, let his own eyes move to what his friend was staring at.

And what the other was staring at was rather peculiar.

It was a boy – who was either in their year or one higher – who was currently alone at a table – hardly eating anything. His hair fell over his eyes and he had headphones covering his ears. All he wore was black and his clothes looked incredibly baggy for someone of his small stature.

But all in all, Guk could see what had caught Chanyeol’s eye.

“Any idea who that is?” He wondered, turning to his best friend who had a small smile on his lips.

“No idea.” Chanyeol said, but his eyes continued to stay perched on the lonely boy who practically sent out an aura that shouted for everyone to stay away. He wondered if he was a sociopath. But there was something about him that drew him in, and he suddenly turned to Yong Guk and smirked, pursing his lips before he spoke again. “But I’m definitely going to find out."


A/N: And so here it is, the first chapter in my very cliched story! As you can see, the relationships will move at unseemly speeds because, who cares about relationship building? I'm kidding, they won't all be like that. Ah, most of you will probably guess what's happening but I hope you'll enjoy it all the same! <3