Adoption part.2 [Kwang Min]

My Long Lost Twin...Jo Kwangmin

 

~Narrator’s POV~

“Honey!” Squealed Mrs. Lee. “Today is the day!” Her husband looked at her affectionately and chuckled to himself. “Haha I know, I’m just as excited as you are.”

“We’ve waited so patiently for this day.” Mrs. Lee expressed. “And it’s finally here.” She embraced her husband and snuggled into his chest. “Min Hyuk are you ready?” His father called.

“No! Umma why do we have to get another baby?! I’m baby!” Whined the 5 year old Minhyuk. “Sweetie don’t you want a brother?” Asked Minhyuk’s mother. The 5 year old shook his head repeatedly. But they looked at him with an assuring smile indicating he’ll always be the first born and forever his parent’s child.

------

Mr. & Mrs. Lee are famous restaurant owners. Mrs. Lee had a hereditary illness that caused her body to weaken so she couldn’t hold another baby. She was inspired to adopt because one of her sisters did. She thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world to accept someone else’s blood that isn’t your own. Therefore she decided to adopt.

------

After a car ride filled with complaining and whining Minhyuk was asleep and was carried by Mr. Lee into the hospital (adoption center? ???).

“Annyeonghaseyo, the Lee family I presume?” Asked the same delivery doctor. The family of 3 smiled and nodded. “Well choose any infant to your liking. There was a precious newborn baby girl delivered a little while a-

“Oh he’s perfect!” Minhyuk’s Mother gasped in awe at the yawning baby boy. The doctor’s eyes widened once he identified the baby boy she was looking at.

“…Um he’s…” The doctor began. But as he looked into the mother’s longing brown eyes he couldn’t resist. He let out a long heavy sigh.

“He’s Jo Kwangmin. Before I let you adopt him, we need to talk.” The doctor mentions. The couple looked at each other; they nodded. “Of course.”

After explaining everything about the Jo Twins to the Lee parents they nodded in agreement. Dr. Woo handed them Kwangmin’s papers and with that the family bowed and left. Dr. Woo sighed in sorrow. “Mianhae Gong family…”

------

“Kwangmin-ah welcome to your new home!” Mrs. Lee smiled as she carried the car seat into the living area. “Appa is the baby going to stay in my room?” Minhyuk asked.

“Would you like him too?” His mother asked as she released Kwangmin from his car seat. The 5 year old looked down shyly. “Ani.” He answered. His mom smiled.

“Kwangmin will share a room with you when he is of age. Right now I think he’ll disturb your sleep too much. We wouldn’t want a cranky Minhyuk now would we?” Minhyuk’s Mother pointed out.

“We already do.” His father joked. “Appa! I’m not cranky!” Minhyuk crossed his arms and stomped his feet.

“Ani! You’re as happy as a clam.” Mr. Lee teased as he picked up and tickled his son. Minhyuk giggles filled the room. Mrs. Lee gazed down at Kwangmin’s baby face and smiled to herself. Her thoughts were interrupted when she remembered the letter Dr. Woo was talking about.

She pulled out the envelope and started reading. After she was finished she called her husband over. “What do we do? Should we talk to the Gong family? I don’t want to keep the twins apart.” Mrs. Lee pointed out. Mr. Lee thought for a while then spoke. “Then we should talk to the Gong family. We’ll meet and talk about the twins; we also have to contact their godmother.”

Mrs. Lee sighed and nodded. “Alright, we’ll make the call when we get him settled in and comfortable.” Mr. Lee kissed her temple and went to put Kwangmin in his crib.

“This will work out for you both.” Mrs. Lee thoughtfully prayed.

------

The Gong family returned to the hospital once again to come and adopt Kwangmin. They entered the building with high spirits and big smiles.

“Nice to see you again Mr. & Mrs. Gong!” The receptionist greeted. Mrs. Gong spotted the adoption doctor. “Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Gong. How’s Youngmin?” Dr. Woo greeted a bit uneasily.

“He’s great, he’s growing every day. But we’d like to adopt Kwangmin now.” She beamed happily. The doctor didn’t say anything. Her smile disappeared slowly. She instantly looked through the glass and saw that Kwangmin was gone.

“I tried my best. Mianhaeyo.” The doctor bowed and walked away. Mrs. Gong nodded and gave a faint smile. Her shoulders deflated as she put both of her hands on the glass window and looked at the empty space where Kwangmin should be. Small tears lightly started to fall. Mr. Gong put his hand on her shoulder comfortingly. A sigh escaped from Mrs. Gong “I hope your new family treats you well Kwangmin- ah.”

------

“Yeobo, the distance between us and the Gong family is kind of long. We don’t have a lot of free time. Not to mention what kind of schedule they have. We have to think about these things, before we plan.” Mr. Lee mentions.

“Ah you’re right. Well we have to meet at least once to discuss the twin’s future. We can’t keep them apart forever.” Mrs. Lee points out.

“True. We will contact them soon and meet. But for now, let’s get Kwangmin settled in comfortably.” Mr. Lee smiled at the baby boy.

“Arasso.” Mrs. Lee nodded. “Ah Kwangmin I hope you settle comfortably. I will love you as much as my own.” She promised.

 

Hello lovelies !!

I'm soo sorry it's been FOREVER since I've updated. 

I'll try my hardest to change that! But don't give up on me! 

Please keep reading :D Thank you ! ~~ ^_^ <333