April 24th, 1995 The Birth of the Jo Twins

My Long Lost Twin...Jo Kwangmin

~Narrator’s POV~

April 23rd, 1995.

It was a lovely spring day in Korea. Mrs. Jo decided to take a stroll in the park with a good dongsang of hers, Jung Hyo Sun.

“Unnie!” Hyo Sun exclaimed as she waved franticly at the waddling pregnant woman. Mrs. Jo gave a warm smile at the excited Hyo Sun.

“Ah Hyo Sun-ah, it’s nice to see you.” Mrs. Jo greeted as she embraced her childhood friend.

“How are you? How are the twins?” Hyo Sun questioned as she softly rubbed her friend’s belly. Mrs. Jo smiled sweetly. “They are well.” But her sweet smile slowly started to fade and tears started to well up in her eyes.

“But I’m afraid I won’t be able to keep them.” Mrs. Jo looked away. Hyo Sun was stunned at her unnie’s words. She took her hand.

“Unnie, what’s the problem?” Hyo Sun asked curiously. Tears began to fall from Mrs. Jo’s eyes now. She started to dab them and wipe them away. “Yah Jo Mi Young.” Hyo Sun lightly shook her unnie’s hand.

Mi Young sniffled. “I don’t think I’ll be able to give my sons a good life. I don’t have the money to provide for 3.” Hyo Sun nodded her head in understanding. She sat silently for a moment, and then spoke.   

“Unnie, what if I help you?” Hyo Sun suggested with sincerity in her light brown eyes. Mi Young stayed silent. She closed her eyes to prevent more tears from forming then shook her head.

“Ani yo. I can’t let you help me with something like this.” Mrs. Jo shook her head in disapproval. “Wae?!” Hyo Sun asked confused.

“Money is something that can’t be helped. I’ve always disliked the value and meaning of it. If you loan me money I don’t know when I can pay you back, I wouldn’t know how to repay you, and if I can’t pay you back, I just can’t have that hang over my head.” Mi Young expressed sorrow. “Money always equals trouble…” She said softly.

“Not when it’s coming from your friend.” Hyo Sun assured Mi Young. Hyo Sun smiled and put her hand on Mi Young shoulder. “I’m here for you. You know that. I’ll give you everything and anything you need.”

“Not everything…” Mi Young mumbled as she remembered the loving man that did this to her.

*Flashback*

“Yah, yeobo where are we going?” Mi Young giggled as she was led somewhere with hands covering her eyes. “Yah! Jo Jae Kwang!” He then released his hands from his lover’s eyes.

“Surprise!” He shouted happily. Mi Young gasped in surprise and covered at the lovely sunset beach.

She lovingly looked around at the beautiful scenery and observed it carefully. Mi Young glanced at the sand and when she read it she let out a little gasp and covered with both of her hands. And when she turned around she saw the man she loved down on one knee holding a beautiful ring. The next six words made her cry tears of joy.

“Kim Mi Young will you marry me?” Jae Kwang questioned with a charming smile on his handsome face.

“Oppa are you serious?” She asked innocently. He nodded, his smile not leaving his face. Mi Young looked away thinking to herself “Is this all real?”

“Yes!” Mi Young finally answered as she collapsed on top of him. “I love you so much!”

“Haha I love you too yeobo!” Jae Kwang expressed with glee. “You are a true romantic.” His new fiancé said in awe as they sat up.

“I try.” He smiled sweetly. She pecked him on the cheek then rested her head on his shoulder as they watched the sunset.

Over the next month or two twins were conceived. “Yeobo! What shall we name our kids?” Mi Young asked as she was looking through a name book. Her husband came from the kitchen and kissed her on the cheek and sat on the arm of the sofa and put on arm around her.

“I think one of them should be named Youngmin, after his mother.” He beamed as he looked at her expression. “Arasso, then shall the other be Kwangmin?” Mi Young smiled back. “Ye! Call!” Jae Kwang shouted as he lifted both fists in the air happily. Mi Young smiled at her husband then shook her at his playful side.

*7 months into the pregnancy*

“Yeobo are you going to be home soon?” Mi Young asked over the phone to her husband.

“Ye I’m on the way. But the rain is no joke it’s slowing me down. Mianhae sweetie, I’ll be home for dinner soon.” Jae Kwang answered. “But how did the ultra sound go?”

“Ah, is that so? Well drive safe. And the ultra sounds was-

CRASH!

“Yeobosaeyo? Jae Kwang...Jae Kwang ah!” She shouted over the phone.

“Arghh… I’ll…be…home...s.s…soon...” Jae Kwang choked out. Mi Young dashed towards the door into the pouring rain and called the police and ambulance. She hopped into her car and started the engine then sped off to the hospital.

Once she arrived she immediately went towards her husband who has been severely injured in a car crash. She covered in shock and started to cry over the bloody beat up man.

“Honey…I’m fine…” He said slowly as he reached for her hand as he put a small sweet smile on his face.

“Move him in!” One of the nurses called.

“Yeobo!” She reached for him but the other nurses prevented her. Her husband heard her sob and raised one arm indicating he’ll be okay. Mi Young started to cry hysterically. She had spent the entire night in the family waiting room. Eventually one of the doctors called for her.

“Are you Jo Jae Kwang’s spouse?” The doctor asked her. She nodded. “I’m very sorry-

She let out a shocked gasp and started to cry. “NO!”

“I am so sorry for your loss.” The doctor bowed then slowly walked away.

“Jae Kwang!” Mi Young cried. She quickly went to her husband’s room which had 2 nurses inside. They saw her enter then excused themselves.

Mi Young walked over to his body and laid her head on him and started to bawl. “Yeobo! Please don’t leave me. Don’t leave ours sons! What am I supposed to do without you?! I Love You!” She sobbed.

Mi Young stayed in that position for a little while. She started to close her eyes when a nurse interrupted her. “Excuse me. You have to leave now. I am sorry.”

Mi Young lifted her head. Her cheeks were tear stained. She looked at the nurse then nodded. She glanced again at her dead husband. “Please watch over us.” Mi Young whispered softly and put her hand on her tummy.

*End of Flashback*

“I’m not going to keep them.” Mi Young choked out. Hyo Sun gasped. “But…”

“But nothing, if putting them up for adoption will give them a better life. Then I’ll do it. I’ll do anything for them. I don’t want them to see me unless I’m successful. But when I do this, I want you to be their god mother. When they are born and once they get adopted I want you to see them first. I want you to explain to them the situation and express my love to them first. Arasso?” Mi Young demanded. Hyo Sun nodded with a small smile. “But before that, could you help me purchase something for them?”

“Of course, anything.” Hyo Sun answered. “What is it?”

Mi Young smiled as they took a cab to a jewelry store. “I’ve been looking at these for weeks. And I've been saving money for it. What I plan is to have them wear these necklaces. Y for Youngmin and K for Kwangmin, and on the back it’ll say Eternal Min.”

“That’s really beautiful.” Hyo Sun smiled. After they purchased the necklaces they returned to the park. It was starting to get dimmer and dimmer. As she stared into the sunset, tears began trickling down her pretty face.

“Unnie, I know this is hard for you, I couldn’t possibly imagine the pain you have suffered. But I promise to be there for you as much as humanly possible.” Hyo Sun expressed with sincerity. She looked at her friend beside her. “Unnie what’s” She looked down and saw a wet puddle.

“Unnie! Your water broke!” Hyo Sun exclaimed in shock. Mi Young looked down to see the same thing. But she couldn’t speak, only think. “This is actually happening.”

“We have to get you to the hospital!” Her dongsang cried. “Please Hyo Sun-ah please grant this task for me well.” Mi Young says. Hyo Sun sighed and nodded in agreement.

They arrived at the hospital and Mi Young was rushed into the delivery room right away. After they suited her up into hospital clothing, Hyo Sun was right beside her as Mi Young went into labor.

April 24th, 1995.

Several hours have passed. It was dawn. Hyo Sun has explained the god mother situation to the doctor before she left to get ready for work. She took the necklaces out from her purse and left it on her unnie’s bedside table. She bent down and kissed Mi Young’s forehead.

Just then Mi Young jerked awake. She pressed the nurse button as she was just about to give birth. “Ahh!” Mi Young cried. The delivery doctor came in and took control of everything.

“Relax Mi Young-ah. Just breathe and push on my command. Arasso, push! Here he comes!” The doctor exclaimed. Soon the first born twin was in his hands. “Arasso one more are you ready?”

“Ahh!” Mi Young yelled in exhaustion. “You’re doing great Mi Young-ah. Okay I see him. Give me one more push!” The doctor ordered. Then before you knew it, the second child came into the world. The nurses went to clean the newborns up then returned.

“Congratulations on your twin boys Mrs. Jo! They are really beautiful.” The delivery doctor announced as he gently passed the 2 newborns to their teary exhausted mother. “You did a wonderful job. Do you have any names in mind?” He asked curiously.

“Ye. The first born is Youngmin and  this is Kwangmin.” Their mother introduced them with a teary smile. She was on the verge of tears. They were welling up in her eyes. More so because she had to give them up…

“Those are beautiful names. Raise them well!” The doctor instructed as he was exiting the room.

“Doctor…” Mrs. Jo called weakly. “Ye?” He answered.

“Ahem.” She cleared preventing her from breaking down into tears. “Umm, actually it turns out I will need those adoption papers…”

“Oh. Arasso. I’ll go get them right away.” The doctor replied with sense of sympathy in his voice. Silently the twin’s mother started to cry while holding them in her arms. Her tears left little wet stains on their newborn blankets. She started to sniffle. She closed her eyes and bit her quaky bottom lip as tears were streaming down her cheeks.

As she looked at her sons angelic faces. Softly, in a hushed whisper she began to speak to them. “Kwangmin-ah, Youngmin-ah. Please know that I love you both very much. I never wanted to let you go. But in order to provide you with a better life I have to. I’m very sorry it has to be this way. I wish it hadn’t…” She murmured softly. The boys nestled at the sound of their mother’s voice. Mi Young pleaded in a soft whisper as she closed her eyes.

“Jae Kwang-ah, we did well. I just wish you were here to see them. They are so beautiful. They resemble you so much. I miss you so much. I love you and I’m so sorry I had to do this. I hope you will forgive me. Please watch over us well.”

First official chapter up! I hope you guys enjoyed it ^^

In this chapter you found out about their mother & god mother, and their parent's history.

I apologize if it's sad. LOL. That's not my intention I promise ! More updates headed your way.

Check out my other fanfics please! &

Thanks for Reading !! ^_^ ~~~<33

~xoAeshAxo~