Patience

Her Body is Perfection

Time froze. Jessica looked at me as I looked at her, but neither of us could come out of our shock to the event that just occurred. I knew Krystal saw it but she was also silent.

After what seemed like an eternity, I finally regained control over my body. I rolled over to the side off of Jessica, “…Sorry…”

Jessica stood up immediately while I looked at her from the ground, “I am going to the car.” The girl just walked away. I wanted to explain myself, but didn’t get the chance.

“Yuri, I will go talk to unnie. It was my fault you fell. I am sure she isn’t mad.” The two sisters just left me sit there in the sand as I still comprehended the situation. All I could think of is that goal number 1 looks bleak. I didn’t know the girl that long and I already made things more complicated. I was afraid to return to the two sisters but the sun was already setting.

I didn’t see anyone return to our spot, so I packed all the blankets and items from the picnic by myself after putting my clothes back on. They were taking a really long time. It was getting cold and I didn’t want to bring back everything to the car if they were in the middle of talking…I already knew they were talking about me.

However, the darkness forced me to take everything back. I knocked on the car door and Krystal came out, “Yuri sorry! You brought everything by yourself. I should have helped.” She did end up helping put the stuff into the trunk, but there were no words between us. The once so talkative Krystal was also silent. I am starting to regret this whole day but the kiss…I don’t want to forget.

I entered the car after taking some deep breaths to prepare for the sight of Jessica again. I looked at her as I entered the car, but it didn’t surprise me that she just sat in the driver’s seat emotionless, like she was lost in her thoughts. My heart ached.

 

------------------------------

On the second week of not seeing the sisters, I gave up all hope of ever repairing the mistake I made. Krystal even canceled all of our personal training days. I could understand Jessica wanting to ignore me, but Krystal choosing not to see me was confusing.

I finished for the day so I was going to leave the gym but I couldn’t find my car keys. I ended up dumping my whole bag on the locker room floor in hopes of finding my keys. As I was looking, I saw a hand reach down and pick up my keys for me. I followed the hand up the arm to a familiar face. “You were looking for these right?”

I was at a loss for words. She was right in front of me again and she was talking to me, “Ah yes…” I quickly packed my things and returned to a standing position facing the girl. “What are you doing here? I thought you quit the gym because you haven’t come in a while.”

“Silly I had work overseas for a while. I came back yesterday. Not everyone’s lives revolve around the gym like you.”

There were so many things I wanted to talk to her about, but the words were not coming out as fast as I wanted them to. I was so afraid she would leave right when I got the chance to see her again, but she spoke “Yuri I actually came to ask a favor.”

“Anything…” I would go to the moon and back for this girl.

“Can I take over Krystal’s personal training days? She can’t come as often anymore.”

“Of course…” Was that a real question? Who would reject an amazing request such as that from Jessica? Yet I was still confused, what happened to the cold and emotionless girl from the beach? She talks to me now and wants to spend time with me. “You know at the beach…”

“I know it was an accident.”

“You aren’t mad?”

“Well a little…” I knew she would hate me! “But at Krystal for splashing you. I know you didn’t fall on purpose.” I don’t know if I should be relieved or not, but she didn’t mention the kiss. “Anyway, I will see you Sunday.” She smiled and walked out of the locker room.

I still can’t figure out the feelings she has for me but goal number one of making her my friend looks promising now!