Mianhe~

Listen To Me Carefully, I LIKE YOU

This smell…it’s very familiar…and where I’m lying right now doesn’t really feel familiar. My head still hurt…feels like I’ve been knocked down till I passed out. Unwillingly opening my eyes, I found myself lying in the bed of a private ward room. *How the hell did I get here?*

“Oh…noona is awake…” Youngjae’s voice startled me and when I turn to look, the seven of them gathered at the sofa in the corner of the room. I try to get up to sit but still rather weak and a little dizzy; noticing that Jinyoung quickly assists me and put the pillow behind my back so I could sit properly.

“Noona…how are you feeling?” Jackson asked but I didn’t answer. I turn to look at each and every one of them and they looked rather worried and when I finally turn to look at Mark, he gave me a slight smile. *That’s weird*

“I’m glad that you’re okay…noona ya, we’re sorry for what had happened to you…we really do feel bad.” JB said in a rather low voice as if it’s really hard for him to say it to me.

“Nae noona…we’re sorry for that silly prank we did to you…” Yugyeom adds in.

“Noona..we didn’t mean for it to become this bad. Please forgive us.” Bambam said and the rest nodded. Somehow I felt warm inside when they apologize, but at the same time I feel like strangling each and every single one of them when I remembered what a horrible night I went through but I just keep silent and didn’t say a word.

“Hyung…you should say sorry too…” Jinyoung nudge on Mark’s arm but he just stare blankly at him.

“Why would I? She didn’t even say a word when you guys apologizes…” he raised one eyebrow looking at me. *Ugghh…this guy makes me want to jump out on him and strangle him to death…* Just a moment ago he smiled and makes me feel a little touched but suddenly he  turns back into the same old Mark. I just turn to stare at him but before I could say a word, Wooyoung oppa makes his presence.

“Ya…you guys are all here? Oh? Chae Rin-ah…you’re awake?” Wooyoung oppa entered the room and headed straight towards me.

“Oppa~” I called for him and the rest of them looking at each other.

“Ya…have you guys apologizes to her?” Wooyoung oppa firmly asked them and they nodded.

“We have apologized but…” Mark try to explain but I cut him off…

“Oppa…my head hurts…and it’s really stuffy in here…” I told Wooyoung oppa and he put his hand on my forehead.

“Hmm…your head still feels warm, you need to lie down and rest.” He told me and I held his hand that is still on my forehead; I want him to leave it like that because it feels rather soothing.

“Oppa,” I hold onto his hand in which is still on my forehead; “Please hold on a little longer …my mom used to do this when I had a high fever...it will help to lessen the heat and soothes the pain.” I pouted and make a rather sad pouty face at him, begging for his attention and he just smiled.

“Aigoo, Chae Rin ya…you’ve never changed…you will turn into a little baby girl when you’re sick like this…well, let me help you to lie down properly.” Wooyoung oppa told me whilst helping me to lie down. He stood up and ushered those boys to the other side.

“Kids, I think it’s better for you guys to go home for now…Chae Rin needs her rest. Mr Yoon has already waited for you downstairs.” Wooyoung oppa informed them and with much disappointment shown on their faces, they left the room.

“Oppa...what actually happened?” I asked him as he pulls up the bed sheet to cover my body.

“Well, Mark called and told me that you’re unconscious when he tries to wake you up this morning and they sent you to the hospital. Doctor told me that you had a high fever because your body is at the lowest level of immunity due to the cold weather and you’ve been in the rain for a while.” He told me as his fingers gently stoke my hair.

*Mark tries to wake me up? That’s not like the usual Mark. Why would he do that?* my heart whispers and it gives me chills just to think about it.

“Oppa…thank you for taking care of me like this…I have always troubled you.” I told him and he laughed.

“Ya…don’t be silly. You’re more like my little sister and I should take care of you. Those boys have definitely gone overboard with their prank and I felt sorry for you that you have to deal with all this sickness and pain. But on the other hand they regret it and helped to send you to the hospital. That shows they somehow care about you.”

 “Oppa ya…if it’s not because of the agreement made between Mrs.Kim and I…I wouldn’t wanna do all this…” I told him and he slightly smiled.

“I know, she told me everything…”

“She did? Oppa…I feel so embarrassed right now…”

“Ya...she’s trying to help you...you shouldn’t feel embarrassed about it.”

“Nae…”

 

--------------

Mark’s POV

I felt rather annoyed when Chae Rin ignores us like that and totally changed her personality when Wooyoung hyung comes in. It seems like she purposely make us look bad in front of Wooyoung hyung. I know that she’s really mad at us and it makes her refuse to talk to us and but what makes me feel more agitated is the way she reacts towards Wooyoung hyung. Does she really likes him that much?

“Hyung…how are we going to make Chae Rin noona forgive us?” Bambam snapped me back to reality when he asked the question. We gathered in the living room as we arrived from the hospital.

“I didn’t dare to look into her eyes…she really is mad at all of us…” Yugyeom adds.

“She’s being a little rude when she didn’t reply to our apology…I thought I would apologize but now I don’t feel like it…” I told them and they seems worried.

“Hyung, I could understand why she reacted that way…it’s not her fault if she’s mad at us…”Jinyoung said and the rest seems to agree. I know that it’s true but still I feel like it’s not fair for the boys.

“We can’t just give up..we should apologize till she forgive us…” Jackson said with full determination.

“Hmmm...We should think of something..ya hyung...why don’t you have any idea?” JB asked and the rest turns their focus on me.

“Ya..ya..what did you expect me to do? Buy her flowers and cook her dinner to apologize? Pfffttt…like it would work.” I just said some random stuff and they seems to be interested.

“Wait a minute, that’s a great idea hyung…we can prepare a few dishes for her when she came back and apologize once again…”JB said with his eyes glowing.

“Or maybe buy her some gifts and put it in her room so when she get back she’d feel better.” Jinyoung adds.

“Ya..don’t tell me that you guys are going to agree with that random suggestion?”

“Mark hyung…don’t you know that when a girl gets angry there’s no use for us to apologize while she’s still mad. We need to let her cool off first and then properly apologize to her. Girls would normally like it if guys cook for them and prepare a surprise occasion.” Jackson said with full of confidence.

“I don’t think that she’s that type of a girl who falls for such things…don’t you guys see how she reacts towards us earlier today?”

“Ya hyung, she acted differently only when it comes to you…” Youngjae burst the words and they all laughed.

“Yeah, Youngjae’s right…she would only act differently when it comes to Mark hyung…hmm, there must be something going on between you guys…” Jackson said as he wiggle his eyebrows.

“Hey, don’t even try to start with such silly conclusion.” Though what Jackson said is true I don’t want the rest to think that there’s anything going on between us.

“After all hyung..Chae Rin noona is still a girl and I think it might as well work…somehow.” Bambam gives his conclusion.

“Well, I think what’s best for us to do is to go and get some sleep because it’s getting late now…let’s think of something tomorrow.” Jinyoung reminds us as he glanced at the clock.

“Yeah..let’s just go to sleep…”Yugyeom yawns as he and Bambam walks upstairs shoulder to shoulder.

“Hyung…lets go to sleep…” Jackson pulled my hand, trying to drag me with him.

“Yeah, yeah…” I lazily followed him and heads up to our room.

End of POV

 

------------------

 “You recover pretty fast Miss Jung…I guess you can go home later this afternoon after we prepared your documentation.” The doctor informed me after he took my temperature, checked my blood pressure and pulse as well as analyzing my recovery progress.

“Thank you doctor…”

“Just remember to drink more water, stay inside when it’s cold and wear more clothes because your body is prone to sickness when it’s cold. I will write down the medical prescription for you and you can take the meds later. Make sure you take your medication on time and finished all of it.”

“Nae…” I bowed to the doctor and after he left, Wooyoung oppa came in.

“How are you feeling today?” He asked whilst hand me a designer paper bag.

“I couldn’t feel anymore better. What did you bring me oppa?”

“I brought you something nice to wear. The doctor said you will be discharged this afternoon so I’m thinking of taking you to a place where we can have good food.”

“Oppa..you don’t have to…” I told him but he just smiled.

“It’s nothing. I just want you to feel better. I thought of bringing those boys along but I know that you’re still mad at them.”

“Its deep oppa...it will take time for me to forgive them…”

“I know…now go and get change. I’ve asked Taecyeon hyung to reserve a seat for us at the restaurant.”

“Nae.”

 

---------------------

Author’s POV

Earlier that day those boys have bought some chocolates, flowers as well as a teddy bear in order to apologize to Chae Rin and they arranged it nicely on her bed with an apology note; hoping that she will forgive them.

“You guys really think she would fall for this?” Mark asked after the seven of them have a final look at the stuff they arranged on her bed.

“Hyung, stop being so negative on this…after all…noona is still a girl.” Youngjae said.

“I’m not being negative…I’m just saying.” Mark replies.

“At least we try…let’s go now, or else we’ll be late for practice.” Jinyoung said and the rest followed him out.

------------

It’s a little late when Wooyoung send Chae Rin home and he helped her to carry her stuff. The seven boys were in the living room doing some discussion. As Chae Rin entered the living room all of them turned to look at her and rushed towards her; except for Mark who just sat still at his spot.

“Noona, you’re back!” Yugyeom said with wide smile but Chae Rin didn’t say a word.

“Noona, how are you? Is everything okay?” Jackson asked and the rest patiently waiting for her answer.

“I need to rest…oppa, thank you for everything…good night…” with a straight face, she make her way heading upstairs, simply ignoring the seven of them though deep in her heart she feel bad doing so.

“Hyung…is she okay?” JB asked.

“Well, you should ask yourselves whether she’s okay or not?” Wooyoung replied.

“Hyung…we really feel bad with what had happened and we really hope that she’ll forgive us.” Jinyoung explained.

“Oh well…this is a lesson for you guys to learn. You shouldn’t simply think that you can just play tricks on just about anyone and she’s not just anyone random people that you can play tricks and get rid of easily. I’ve known her quite a while…if she didn’t like it, she’ll say it straight to your face but the worst part is when she’s mad, she’ll make it as if she had nothing to do with you. When she’s interested, she’ll pay all her attention towards that one thing she likes. She might be a little rough not like any ordinary girl next door but she’s the type that becomes a little vulnerable around people that she loves. So I hope that all of you won’t do anymore stupid things to her…you guys should take care of each other.”

“Nae hyung…” all of them said it at once.

“Another thing, I guess you should know the actual reason why she’s here with all of you…” Wooyoung told them regarding the deal made between their mom and Chae Rin in which she refused to let him revealed but in order to make those guys understand and to not let them set up more pranks on her or make things worse, Wooyoung insisted in telling the truth on Chae Rin’s behalf. He left her with no choice so she had to agree.

“Really hyung? So she’s not up to something or anything?” JB asked.

“What do you mean up to something? Ya…you guys think that she’s planning to manipulate your mom’s business or taking over her throne…something like that? Ah seriously…hahaha…” Wooyoung laughed hearing their childish thoughts.

“Hyung…it happens before…” Mark finally voice out.

“Kids…that was years ago and that person is nowhere had any similarities like Chae Rin. Aigoo…you guys are still holding onto that thought? No wonder you acted this way towards her.”

“Hyung…we really wanna apologizes to her…please help us.” JB pleads.

“Well…”

End of POV

 

-------------

I return to my room and found the presents and the notes they left on my bed. I sat at the edge of my bed and read the content.

“Noona, we’re truly sorry for what have happened to you. Please accept our apology and we hope that you will forgive us.”

 They think I can just let them go off that easily? No, they’re wrong. I took all of the things they bought me and quickly put it outside in the hallway. I want to let them know that I’m not that easy to forgive when it comes to a sensitive matter.

 

---------------------- 

Mark’s POV

After having a long talk and discussion, Wooyoung hyung gives us some advice and he reminds us not to make anymore stupid acts. We all agreed to it and promise him to make it up to Chae Rin, in which I felt rather hard doing so. All of us head up to our room and Jackson discovers something.

“Oh…hyung, how did this get here?” Jackson said as he squat down to pick up the stuff we put on her bed earlier today from the hallway floor.

“Yaash...she really is mad. What are we going to do?”JB scratched his head.

“There’s always plan B. We will think of it...right hyung?” Bambam asked.

“I think that cooking plan will somehow help us…she didn’t like presents, I guess.”Jackson said

“Guys, let’s just doze off first...we will think of something else tomorrow.” I told them and all of us head to our room.

End of POV

 

---------------

I woke up to a weird smell that morning. The smell of something burning, more off like something that came from the kitchen I rushed downstairs to find those boys in the kitchen with smoking frying pan in JB’s hand and quickly he threw it in the sink when he noticed my presence.

“Ya, what are you guys doing?” I asked them coldly and all of them turned to look at me.

“Noona..we were just..I mean we’re about to make you breakfast…” JB explained.

“It seems like you’re trying to burn the house down. You don’t have to trouble yourself for all of this...look at the mess…aigooo...” I point to the burnt frying pan, some overly burnt pancakes in the plate, with eggshells and scattered flour on the counter and floor.

“Noona, we were just trying to make it up to you after what we have done…” Yugyeom said and he somehow touched my heart when he makes that puppy face.

“Well you don’t have to. I’m going to order in…just clean up all the mess.” I told them and make my way heading towards the stairs and suddenly someone grabbed my hands before I could take a step on the stairs. When I turn to look, it was Mark.

“Why did you do this to us? Was it really that hard to forgive us?” he asked me with his hand still grabbing my wrist.

“Yes it is. Place yourself in my shoes then you’ll know how I feel right now.” I try to move and shook off his hand but still he hold on tight.

“Ya, at least you forgive them if you didn’t want to forgive me. I feel bad for them when you just ignored their apology…” Mark looked straight into my eyes and I can see his sincerity. Somehow I feel somewhat flattered when he asked me to forgive his brothers.

“Ya. Let go of my hand…” I told him and in those rather tense seconds Youngjae noticed us.

“Hyung..” Youngjae calls and Mark turns to look and he let go of his grip. I quickly head upstairs and as I took a glance, Mark seems displeased.

“Let’s go back and do our cleaning.” He told Youngjae and they heads up into the kitchen.

---------------

“Oppa, where are you taking me to?” I asked Wooyoung oppa when he said he wants to take me out for the day as those boys are off from schedule.

“You’ll see. The weather is nice to enjoy and to have some fun outside.” Wooyoung  oppa smiled as he turns to look at me.

“Are we heading to the theme park?” I asked him as I notice the road that we’re driving into is heading to one of the famous theme park in town.

“Nae…I know you love the place…why not I take you there so you could loosen up a little. You’re still mad at them huh?”

“I just couldn’t find any reason yet to forgive them.” I told him short and Wooyoung oppa pinched my cheeks.

“Ya…it’s not good to hold grudge for too long. You’ll only make yourself aged quickly.” He laughed as I turn to pout at him.

“Yaahh..we’re here…” Wooyoung oppa said as we make a turn into the parking area. There wasn’t much visitor that they based on the number of vehicles in the parking area. Wooyoun oppa held my hand and we walk into the park.

“Wow…this is so much fun…” I make a little run to see all the rides there.

“Awesome huh? There’s not much people today so we can have all the fun we want.” He told me with a  bright smile.

“Thank you oppa.” I told him and he beamed. We walked to the nearest bench and he seems to be searching for something in his pockets.

“I must’ve left my phone in the car’s dashboard. Chae Rin-ah…can you please wait here? I’ll be back in a minute.” He told me, and I just nod; he left to the exit and I sat down on the bench while exploring the view of the theme park.

Suddenly someone closed my eyes from behind and I was in total shock. *Wait…this perfume seems a little familiar.*

“Guess who?” the voice definitely tells and my guess is right.

“Jackson?” I say his name and he giggled. As he let go of my hand, the other six of them stood in a line right in front of me.

“What the heck are you guys doing?” I asked them and Jackson joins in the line and in that moment, I received a call from Wooyoung oppa.

 

“Chae Rin-ah..” he said my name and paused for a moment, and he continued, “mianhe…”

“Oppa…where are you?” I asked him and he chuckled.

“I’m so sorry but I have no choice. This is the only way for me to make you guys get closer to each other…” he explains.

“Oppa…what are you talking about?”

“Chae Rin-ya…I just have to leave you there...please give them a chance to apologize…they’re just boys…I want you guys to get back together and be friends again. I know you must’ve wanted to kill me right now but I have no choice…”

“Oppa! This is not fair!”

“Just go ahead and have fun dear…"

"How can I.........?"

"Don’t come home so late okay? Bye!” (hang up)

 

“Oppa…oppa! Auughhh!” I turn to look at the seven of them and I pouted whilst folding my arms.

“Noona…we’re here to apologize to you once again…please forgive us…” JB said and the others nodded in support to his words.

“Why would I?”

They all knelt down before me and lift both hands up like little school children being punished by their teacher. When they do that in front of me, people that walked by turn to stare at us and starts whispering to each other. I felt rather awkward and I quickly ask them to stand up before more people gathers to see what's goin on.

“Ya..ya..what are you guys doing? Get up now!” I told them but they didn’t even move.

“We won’t get up until you forgive us.” Jinyoung said and the other nodded.

"Seriouly? I have no time for this...people are staring at us..." I partly whispering to them but they just ignored me.

"We will stay like this untill we're forgiven." Bambam lowered his head, avoiding my eyes.

"So you guys aren't gonna move?" I asked them but no one replies; "Ughh...fine..." I told them and started to walk away. The poeple around keep staring at me until I passed by two older women and heard their conversation.

"What did those boys do to her that makes her refuse to forgive them?"

"Look at those poor boys, they're still kneeling like that on the ground. How can she just leave like that?"

"Don't she have the heart to forgive? Those booys looked innocent."

*Innocent? Yeah right...* Soon after hearing that, I turn to look and they still kneeling and facing down to the ground. *Seriously guys?* I turn and get back to where they are and ask them to get up once again.

“Ya..I’m not kidding this time, get up now!” I try to pull Jackson up but he didn’t want to move. I try to pull Bambam’s hand and he didn’t want to move as well. I have no choice but to try pull Mark up but he held my hand instead.

“You must forgive us…sincerely from your heart…and if not, we’ll stay like this until everyone in this park turn their focus on you.” He raised his eyebrow.

“Aigoo…very well…okay, fine...I forgive all of you.” I told them in a low, unwilling voice. I said so as i notice more people stops to see what happens.

“That does not convince us noona.” JB said to me with a deep stare.

“Then how do you want me to say it?” I asked them and mark smirked.

“Say it out loud that you really forgive us.” Mark said.

“Alright...alright…I forgive all of your mistakes. Now please, get up...all of you.” I told them louder this time and the people who stares and looked at us just now turn to smile and some of them even clapped.

“Ugghh..this is too much!” I closed my face with both palm as I feel my cheek’s burning with embarassment. Without any warning, they all stood up; Bambam and Yugyeom hugged me, joined by Jackson, Jinyoung, Youngjae and JB.

“What are you guys doing?” I was trapped in the middle of that big group hug.

“Hyung, come on…” JB said to Mark as he just stood there folding his arms, watching. All of  them make way for Mark and to my surprise he stepped forward and hugged me.

“Thank you.” He whispered to my ear and the rest joined in the group hug again. Before they let go, JB said;

“Noona..please don’t get mad again…we promised that we’ll behave.” He smiled and they tightened their hug.

“Yeah noona, we promise there will be no more stupid pranks…” Jackson adds. I felt so damn embarrassed as I was directly hugged by Mark and still standing there in his embrace for quite a moment.

“Guys…I can’t breathe. You can let go now…” I told them and they all laughed and breaks the hug.

“So noona, we’re good now?” Jackson asked.

“Nae…” I said as I shyly blushed.

“Let’s do a pinky promise that we would never be in any arguments anymore after this.” Jinyoung suggested.

“Do I need to do this too?” Mark asked as he raised an eyebrow at me.

“Hyung, don’t even try to start another war…we’re good for now…” JB said and he smiled.

“Oh well…” Mark did the pinky promise with me after everyone else has done so.

“I’m glad that we’re back to how it is before.” Youngjae said and JB scrunch his hair.

“We all feel the same…” JB said.

“So noona..which ride do you wanna try first?”

----------------

Mark’s POV

*Why do I have these strange feelings towards her and why did I even hugged her like that just now?* I put my hand on my chest and it seems that my raced when I saw the smile on Chae Rin’s face.

“Hyung…we’re going to the rollercoaster…you’re okay with it right noona?” Yugyeom said as we’re heading towards the ride.

“Yaa..we should sit in pairs…” JB said whilst grabbing Youngjae’s shoulder.

“Not even a prob…”Jackson wrapped his hand around Jinyoung’s waist.

“Nae…” Bambam and Yugyeom walked shoulder to shoulder and they left me with her. It’s like all being planned. *I'm so gonna kill these boys.*

“Ya…why can’t I choose my own partner?” Chae Rin asked out of the blue.

“Noona…you need to get to know Mark hyung better…the two of you should start to be friends from now on.” Jackson said and turns to smirk at me.

“Yeah..yeah…right…” I told them and  they all laughed.

“I don’t think I can go on that ride…” Chae Rin said and turn to look at me.

“It’s just a ride.” I told her short as we’re asked to fill in the front row seats. I felt somehow nervous of what kind of reaction Chae Rin will make because she seems scared.

“Can you please hold my hand?” Chae Rin asked whilst turn to look at me with worries shown in her eyes.

“Uh…yeah sure.” I told her and give my hand; she held it and interlaced her fingers with mine and her grip was quite firm. The siren is on and the rollercoaster starts moving. When I turn to look, she already closed her eyes with her hand firmly gripping mine and she looked rather cute doing so.

*Why does my heart beats so fast?*

End of POV

--------------- 

What's wrong with Mark? Will they be closer after this? Will there be anymore mishaps?

 

Thank you for being patient my lovely readers...sorry for the wrong chapter posted. Please let me know how this story gone so far and please do leave your lovely comments. Happy reading and have a nice day!!