Prank gone bad

Listen To Me Carefully, I LIKE YOU

Marks POV

“Well actually there has been a little incident in school years ago..I could hardly remembered her because she was so different from who she is now. But anyway, what I did that just now is only to test her…like we promised before to see wether she could stand staying with us for more than two days or not. I was just testing her out, I provoked her so that she’ll give up…” I told them but before I can continue, Jinyoung adds in;

“So that she’ll quit and Imo will quickly comeback?…I missed Imo..”

“Yeah..I missed mom..she’s been so busy lately and hardly have time for us.” Yugyeom puoted.

“Maybe what Mark hyung did just now will succeed…but Chae Rin noona seems like a though chick that will not give up so easily.” Youngjae state his opinion.

“Well I don’t know about that but she still owe me…” I told them.

“Why hyung? Did she ever do anything bad to you before?” Jackson asked; he look somewhat confused.

“Because of her my grades affected and she broke my favorite skateboard too…I may not get to claim it back but I just wanna play a little trick on her just as a payback.”

“Yaa..you still hold grudge on her? Speaking about a prank..I think it’ll be fun” JB supports my idea.

“Ya hyung..what do you guys have in mind? Please don’t do anything that will hurt her, okay?.” Bambam voice out his concern.

“Bambam ya…we won’t do anything like that…just a little tease will do…”

End of POV

 

--------------

How on earth can  this happen? Is’t fate or is it a test God given me for being such a badass before? I admit that I’ve kicked boys back in school, pickup a fight with them and get them into trouble but I didn’t ask to meet with this selfish rich brat again. He’s too damn annoying.

I lie down on my bed thinking of what had just happened. Why did he kissed my cheek like that? He can just pushed me off or pulled my hair or punch me or whatever but what’s with the kiss? Maybe he wanna test me? Maybe that he thought I will fall on my knees if he do that? Pffftttttt…dream on jerk. There’s so many things going around in my head and I had to face a few more days with them before Mrs.Kim came back.  I need to stay firm…can’t give up just yet.

 

----------------

Mark’s POV

“Hyung, are you asleep?” Jackson asked me as he gets in bed of the top bunk. He tilted his head out to look at me.

“Not yet…why?” I asked him.

“Nothing,” he paused. “Hyung, do you hate her?” Jackson questions makes me had goosebumps. I don’t know exactly how to answer him. There’s something weird that I felt after I make that foolish decision on kissing her cheek in which I thought will make her fell apart and say her sorry but it didn’t turn out that way.

“I don’t know. Can I not answer that?”

“Hyung..I think she’s a nice person.” Jackson looked straight into my eyes.

“Ya..why did you hug her like that just now huh?” that sudden question came out from my mouth and instantly Jackson’s eyes widened.

“Hyung…are you jealous of what I did to her?” Jackson smirked.

“Me? Jelous of you hugging her? No way! Ya…I just don’t want you to give her too much comfort..that’s all.” I told him and he turn to lie properly in his bed.

“She deserves the comfort because she’s a nice person. I really like her.” I felt a little agitate when he said so but I don’t know why.

“You like her?” I asked to get a confirmation.

“Yeah. But don’t worry hyung…I know how you feel for her.” Jackson teases me.

“Ya..stop the nonsense. I don’t fee a thing for her.” I stand for my right, I can’t let them know anything about hoe I feel for her at the moment.

“Hyung, I saw you kissed her cheek…stop denying.” Jackson giggled; I felt a sudden rush of blood towards my face and my cheek felt warm. Jackson take a peek at me.

“Hyung…you’re blushing…” Jackson turn back to lie on his bed.

“Yah! Don’t make me go up there! Just go to sleep. That was meant to make her angry that’s all. Stop thinking too much.” I told him.

“I didn’t think of anything..hyung, you’re the one who thinks too much now.”

“Ya! Just go to sleep!!”

End of POV

 

------------------

I have a habit where when I’m upset, angry or in a lot of stress I will cook a lot and eat or I will go out to have good food for comfort. That morning I woke up a little early and decide to cook some breakfast with whatever available from the fridge. It seems that they stock up the fridge well and makes my job done easily.

“Let’s see…hmm…” I gathered the meat, vegetables and other ingredients and starts to cook.

“Noona..what are you doing?” Yugyeom voice surprised me, I turn to look and he was standing by the counter, yawning whilst rubbing his eyes.

“Yugyeom ah…you’re up so early? I’m preparing breakfast.” I asked him and he brings himself to sit.

“I just woke up and heard strange noise downstairs and decide to have a look; turns out it was noona. Do you want me to help you noona?”

“If you don’t mind. Please wash your hands first.” I told him and he nods. A few minutes after that Bambam came into the kitchen looking for milk.

“Good morning. Noona…you’re making breakfast?” Bambam asked as he sipped on his cup of milk.

“Nae…I woke up early so I guess why not make something for breakfast. I’m super hungry this morning…” I replied.

“Can I help?” Bambam asked.

“Yeah sure..thanks. You two are the nicest maknae I ever met.” I told them and they beamed. In the mid of helping me cutting the vegetables and other ingredients, Bambam asked me;

“Noona…can I ask you something?”

“Yeah sure…what is it?”

“Do you have past history with Mark hyung?”

“Past history? Meaning?” I pretended as if I was confused but I know exactly what he tries to ask.

“Is there anything happened between the two of you before that makes you guys quarrel like last night?” he paused while looking at me, Yugyeom turn to look at me as well.

“Ahh..that was in the past..he..uhm it’s not good to badtalk about him but yeah he did make me angry to the point that I break his skateboard.” I told them and they look at each other.

“Noona…you dare doing so? Gosh…you’re one brave person to do that...no one dares to touch his skateboard. Skateboard is Mark hyung’s greatest treasure and you dare breaking it? Whoaa..daebak.” Yugyeom said in awe.

“I did hat because he torn my canvas piece..so yeah..that’s quite a huge fight that get us into detention.”I told them and they both laughed.

“Mark hyung ever been in detention with noona? No wonder it was like that last night.” Bambam figure it out.

“What happened after detention?” Yugyeom asked.

“We avoid seeing each other after that though we’re in the same school…and finally we met again…I’d call it bad luck.” I told them while I shook my head.

“Well I think it’s more like faith..” Bambam said and Yugyeom adds;

“Or destiny?” they both laughed.

“Ya stop it. Enough with it..let’s get things done.”

 

--------------

After we’re done cooking, Bambam and Yugyeom diligently assist me to arrange the table and prepared everything for our breakfast.

“Whoa…what do we have here?” Jinyoung said as they walk into the dining area.

“Smells good…noona, you cooked all this?” Youngjae asked as he help himself to sit.

“Yup, with the help of Bambam and Yugyeom…” I answered.

“Why all of a sudden you make us breakfast?” Mark asked me as he pull the chair to sit right infront of me. It was like they purposely leave the chair for him to sit on.

“So I can poison you and you will suffer to death…” I sarcastically answered to Mark and all of them looked at me with eyes widened.

“Ya…you guys think I’d do that? I’m still young and I don’t wanna end up behind bars just because I killed this person…” I look at mark and he stare staright into my eyes, biting his lower lips.

“Noona, for a second I really thought you mean what you’ve said…you’re not serious aren’t you?” Jackson asked.

 “Psssshh” Mark make a sulking face at me and JB turn to ask me.

“So…you sincerely prepared all this for us?”

 “Well…Imo told me that you guys love to eat and today you’re going to have a long day of photoshooting so I guess this is the least that I could do to get you guys ready for the day.” I told them and they looked at each other.

“That’s so sweet of you noona…any guy would be lucky to marry you.” Jackson said and change to look at Mark with a smirk.

“That guy sure is lucky…and I will be jealous of him…” Yugyeom said in a sudden making everyone at the table cringe at him.

“Ya..you’re just a maknae..how can you be so cheesy?”Jackson partly stood up and point at him but he just cutely laughed.

“Eeeewwww…” Bambam adds in and they all laughed.

“Noona..you don’t have anything prepared with cucumber right?” Youngjae analyzes the food.

“No..because we don’t have any cucumber. Why? You can’t eat them?” I asked him and he nods.

“I can eat everything except cucumber, they make me sick.” He told me while making a cute hate face for cucumber.

“Okay, I will keep that in mind. Ya..what’re you guys waiting for? You have schedule to follow in an hour…let’s eat…” they all started eating and Bambam turns to look at me.

“Whoa noona..this taste so good..you really are a good cook..” he praised me and I started to blush.

“Yaaaahhh..noona doesn’t seems to look like someone that can cook so well, I thought JB hyung cooks better than you..but I was wrong.” Jackson said and JB give him a stare.

“Ya..just eat your food!”

 

----------------

“Today’s photoshoot going to take long hours and we have two location set for the shooting. I guess you don’t have to be around until late evening because I’m here to take care of them.” Wooyoung oppa told me as we reach the photoshoot location.

“Oh really? Well if you say so, then I’ll take the taxi home later.”

“Take the taxi? Where’s Mr.Yoon?” Wooyoung oppa ask in concern.

“Owh..he told me that today he have something else to settle out of town and so I better take the taxi home..or maybe a bus…”

“If in that case, I will send you home.”

“Really? Oppa, you don’t have to…”

“Ah, it’s a small matter. Anyway I have to talk to their PD there…I’ll see you around.” Wooyoung oppa patted on my shoulder and I sat there watching them shoot for their debut promotion.

“Noona..how do I look? Am I handsome? Do I look good? I am good looking aren’t I?” Jackson stands before me and make a little pose here and there which makes me want to laugh out loud.

“Haha..you are a handsome guy indeed…” I praised him and he smiled shyly.

“Really noona?” he sat next to me batting his eyelashes.

“Nae…I would date you if you’re older…” I laughed after saying that and he blushed.

“Noona…are you still angry with Mark hyung? You guys ddidn’t talk that much since we this morning. Are you guys ever going to be friends?” He look at me with a deep frown on his forehead. I place both my thumbs on his eyebrows to straightened the frown and he giggled.

“You don’t have to worry. I’m not angry…I’m just annoyed by his attitude; by the way you shouldn’t let yourself in anger for long because It’ll only create wrinkles on your face.”Jackson smiled but later his expression changed.

 “Noona, I’m sorry for the hug last night, if its ever make you feel uncomfortable, I was just trying to stop you  guys from figthing.” He said in a low tone.

“Actually, I wanna thank you. If you didn’t hug me last night, I might’ve punch his pretty face and make damage for sure.”

“You really gonna do that if I didn’t stop you?”

“Yep..I won’t miss the golden opportunity…”

“Whoa noona..you really are something..”

“Jackson! Your turn!” PD oppa called him.

“It’s your turn now…”

“Nae!”

 

------------

Author’s POV

Wooyoung drove Chae Rin home right after they had their lunch together with the boys and the rest of the staff. On their way, Wooyoung asked Chae Rin a few questions.

“I heard that you and Mark had a big fight last night.” Wooyoung’s question gives Chae Rin chills.

“Oppa..how did you know?” she turns to look at him and he smirked.

“Ya…you guys are still not over with that fight? It’s already four years…and still doesn’t make any difference.” Wooyoung turns to look at Chae Rin, waiting for her answer.

“Oppa..I thought I would never meet him again after I moved back to Seoul and continue my studies here…and he is still the same annoying rich brat that I know…I just can’t stand him being so obnoxious” Chae Rin sighed as she folds her arms.

“Chae Rin-ah...if it’s your faithand he’s meant for you, you’ll definitely meet him again..and I believe that the two of you have some kind of chemistry..he might be your match made in heaven.”

“Don’t be silly oppa…” Chae Rin nudge hard on Wooyoung’s arm and make the car skids a little.

“Ya, becareful I’m driving here…” Wooyoung looks rather serious.

“Mianhe oppa..” Wooyoung smiled as Chae Rin apologizes.

“I thought you have really changed into pretty, descent and humble Chae Rin…but you’re still that violent though cookie Chae Rin I know…”

“Oppa stop teasing me…I wouldn’t be like this still if it wasn’t because of him…” Chae Rin pouted.

“Chae Rin ya…stop hating him because I’m afraid that one day you’ll start to like him…”

“Oppa!!!! Stop it!!!!!!!!!”

“Hahahaha….”

End of POV

 

-----------------

I was lying on my bed, practically doing nothing as I have done all the necessary chores when suddenly I received a call from an unknown number.

“Hello?”

“Noona…this is Yugyeomie…you have to come to the hospital quick…” Yugyeom voice seems out of breath.

“Hospital? Why? What happened?” my heart feels like it was going to explode hearing the word hospital.

“We’re involved in an accident just now as we’re changing location for our photo shoot…” Yugyeom didn’t finished his sentence and I cut in,

“Oh God…is everyone okay?” I asked him while I walked back and forth the room, feeling worried.

“Youngjae hyung, Bambam hyung and I only suffers a minor injury but Mark hyung, JB hyung, Jinyoung hyung and Jackson hyung are still in the emergency room. Noona please come quick to the hospital” Yugyeom’s voice starts to sound a little shaky.

“Nae, I will come to the hospital right away.” I hung up and dialed Wooyoung oppa’s number but his phone was switched off. I was worried like hell hearing that the four of them were still in the emergency. As much as I hated Mark at the moment, I felt rather worried and guilty at the same time for giving him a cold treatment for the whole day. I quickly got changed and call a taxi to send me off to the hospital.

 

--------------------

Author’s POV

“Hyung…I feel bad doing this…” Yugyeom told his older brothers but they ask him to keep cool.

“Yugyeomie ya..it wouldn’t be as bad as you think…she’ll only end up anger and soon she’ll quit and leave.” Mark told him and he still seem unsatisfied with the answer.

“Hyung…on a second thought..I do feel bad doing this too..” Bambam adds in.

“You guys think too much. She will only get to the hospital and later when she discovered that it was only a prank she will just get angry. This doesn’t do her any harm at all.” JB explained and they all nodded.

“I’m sure she wouldn’t wanna talk to us afterwards. For sure she will quit and on the other hand when Imo came back we need to beg her not to hire anymore babysitter and tell her that we missed her and need her around.” Jinyoung adds in.

“Yeah..that’s our main mission to get Imo to come back quick.” Mark agrees with Jinyoung.

“Yeah we missed Imo so much.” Youngjae adds.

“Ya hyung, we better get moving or I’m afraid that she might find us here.” Jackson reminds the rest.

 

------------------

Chae Rin arrived at the hospital and went straight to the emergency ward to check with the nurse there if they were still there.

“I’m sorry there’s no such case like you’ve mentioned. Maybe you can check with the main reception to see if they have been assigned to wards.”

“Thank you so much...”

Chae Rin went to ask at the main reception for patient registration but she received the same answer…there’s no such case or people like she had mentioned. She started to sense that there’s something wrong going on. She took out her phone and traces back the number that she received the call from and dialed the number.

“Hello good evening…”

“Hello, is this the hospital?”

“Hospital? Mianhe miss…this is ajumma’s ramen shop…”

“Ramen shop? But…I just received a call from my friends using this number telling me that they’re calling from the hospital…is this really a ramen shop?”

“Yes it is… by the way, since that you mentioned that you received a call from this number, there’s a group of boys making a phone call a while ago…”

“Are there seven of them?”

“Nae..and I believe the maknae make the call after being forced by his hyung..”

“Ah…nae…thank you ajumma…I’m sorry to take your time…”

“Oh..nae.it’s not even a problem.”

Chae Rin  hung up the phone and she was so pissed after knowing that she’s been played by the boys.

They must’ve play tricks on me…ugh those brats!”

She tried to call for Wooyoung but his phone is still switched off. Worried that the night is getting late, she went to the taxi stand but the person there told her that they’re fully booked for the night and told her that she had just missed the last bus back home.

“How can the night get any worse?” Chae Rin asked herself as she waited alone at the bus stop; thinking of what to do and who else to call. She decided to text Wooyoung.

“Oppa…can you please pick me up at the hospital’s bus stop? This is emergency…my battery is running low.”

She glanced at her watch and it’s almost 9.00pm and to her worst nightmare it started to rain pretty heavily all of the sudden and she didn’t get to run back to the hospital building. It’s getting cold and because of the narrow roof of the bus stop and as the wind blows, her clothes gets wet by the rain and she’s all drench up. After almost 15 minutes trying not to get soaking wet standing at the corner of the bus stop; a car pulled over and someone came out with an umbrella.

“Chae Rin!” Wooyoung looked at her pale face and nearly white lips; he quickly grabs her into his arms.

“Oppa…I’m cold.” Chae Rin said as she trembles, Wooyoung bring her to the car and lucky he have a sweater in his car and give it to her to cover her trembling body.

“I’m so sorry that I come late, I have a schedule just now. What actually happened?”

End of POV

 

--------------------

Mark’s POV

“Hyung…it’s getting late and it’s raining outside but noona is not yet home…should we go out and look for her?” Youngjae said as he looked out the window. All of us gathered in the living room playing video games.

“She’ll be home soon…maybe she met some friends out there…” JB said with his eyes still focused on the screen.

“This is weird…she should’ve been home by now…” I told them and Jackson move to sit next to me.

“Hyung…what if something bad happen?” Jackson starts to make me feel somewhat worried inside.

“Ya..Chae Rin noona is one though chick…she’ll be okay.” Jinyoung mentioned.

While we’re busy figuring out what happened to her, there’s a loud thump on the door that shocked us. Yugyeom make his run towards the door and as soon he opened it, there’s Chae Rin, stood still with a pale expression, trembling lips and pretty soaked clothes, giving death stare to each one of us.

“Noona…” Yugyeom calls for her but she didn’t turn to look and walk straight upstairs to her room and by the looked on her face she is just like someone that has been possessed.

“Oh? Wooyoung hyung?” Yugyeom greets Wooyoung hyung who was standing at the door with a rather serious look on his face.

“I wanna have a talk with all of you.” Wooyoung hyung stepped in; we turned off the video game and sit around him. He looked at us, without smiling he sighed deep.

“What is wrong with all of you? Have you lost your mind? What is that you guys hate about her that makes you think this is some kind of joke?” Wooyoung hyung sounds so serious that make all of us stay quiet.

“Hyung…we didn’t know that…uhm…we just want to test her…” JB answered in a low stuttering voice, looking into Wooyoung hyung’s eyes.

“Test her? What’s the purpose to it? Don’t you ever think of what can happen to her if I didn’t come to the hospital and pick her up? She was trapped in heavy rain waiting at the bust stop soaking wet in the middle of the night and she was there alone by herself. What if I didn’t come? Seriously, you guys have gone too far with what you called a joke. She’s just a girl…for God sake.” Wooyoung hyung was disappointed with all of us and all of the sudden I feel guilty about it.

“Hyung…this is my entire plan. I’m sorry.” I told Wooyoung hyung and his eyes widened, but before he gets to say anything, JB adds in.

“No hyung, it’s my fault too…I’m the one who came up with the idea…I’m sorry” JB apologizes.

“I’m also involved in this plan hyung…mianhe…” Jinyoung adds in.

“We were all involved hyung…we’re sorry.” I told Wooyoung hyung and he shook his head.

“I just don’t understand why you guys could’ve done this to her because as far as I know she didn’t do anything wrong.” Wooyoung hyung rubbed in between his eyebrows with his finger as he shook his head again.

“Hyung…is she okay?” Bambam asked.

“I can’t tell. Gosh guys…I know what is your main intention making this kind of stupid prank to get her out. This is not the first time things like this happens. I know that all you wanted is for your mom to be around you guys but you had to understand that she’s a business woman and that’s how things work for her. Have you guys forgotten that not long from now all of you are going to debut as idols and you won’t have the time to worry on that matter anymore? Why can’t all of you just focus on debut and not just think of your personal needs? From what I see now is like all of you are slacking off and have lose your focus for your debut. What am I supposed to report to our Park Jinyoung sajangnim on this matter? Huh?” Wooyoung hyung looked at every single one of us and he turn to look at me.

“Mark, though you’re not the leader but you as the oldest should’ve think of the consequences and not just think about your own grudge of whatever had happened between you and Chae Rin in the past. I’m disappointed in all of you, especially you.” Wooyoung hyung looked at me with much disappointment shown on his face.

“Hyung…I’m truly sorry…” hearing me saying that Wooyoung hyung exhale hard.

“Ya, I know every single thing that happens between you and Chae Rin because she was close to me and I thought the two of you have already forgotten the silly past and move on but turns out that you’re still attached to it and not getting anywhere. I don’t know how you’re going to do this but I want the two of you to make up and be friends. Things will only get worse if you still keep the grudge. For the rest of you, I want you to apologize to her first thing tomorrow.”

“Mianhe hyung…” all of us said to him whilst bow to him.

“I have to go. I’ll see you guys tomorrow at practice, there’s a lot of things that we need to go through about. Another thing, if anything happens to her resulting from what you guys did tonight, I will not forgive all of you.” Wooyoung hyung stood up and left.

It was pure silence the moment after Wooyoung hyung left. All of us looked at each other without saying a word and I started the conversation to make it less awkward.

“I’m sorry guys, I got all of you into my mess. Whatever happens tomorrow, I’ll take the responsibility.” I told them.

“No hyung, it’s not just you. This is solely my idea…” JB said as he held my arm.

“Hyung, we will face this together…”Jinyoung said to comfort me.

“Hyung, we have your back…we’re also involve in this mess.” Jackson adss in.

“Gosh I feel bad for her…I was being selfish.” I sighed hard.

“Hyung, let’s just hope that Chae Rin noona will be okay. Tomorrow we will apologize to her…”Bambam said.

“Yah, let’s just call the night off…we need to have good sleep for tomorrow practice.”JB informs and all of us head to our room.

 

-------------

That morning all of us have already get ready for our schedule but there’s no sign of Chae Rin; usually she’s already up and check on us but not today. I went down to the kitchen where the guys helped themselves with some cereals and milk. I tilted my head to see if she was there in the kitchen but she’s not.

“Hyung…Chae Rin noona is not up yet?” Jinyoung asked me and the rest turn to look at the same time.

“How would I know? I though she’s in the kitchen…” I told them and Jackson grabbed my shoulder,

“Hyung, go check on her…” Jackson said with a smirk.

“Me? Check on her? No!” I told them and all of them laughed.

“Ya hyung, have you forgotten? We have to apologize to her and you as our oldest brother should go first.” JB said whilst pushing me to walk towards the stairs.

“Mark hyung, we will apologize to her after you call her to come down…right guys?” Jackson said and the rest agreed.

“Auughh…you guys…seriously?” I felt hesitant doing so.

“Oh come on hyung…please call her down for us?” Youngjae pleads.

“Yes hyung..please..” Yugyeom adds in.

“Okay..okay…” I walk up the stairs reluctantly and walked towards her door. Slowly I knocked on her door.

“Chae Rin ah…are you awake?” I called for her but there’s no answer. I knocked again lauder but still no answer. I braved myself to turn the door knob and slowly peek in and saw her still lying in bed. I went closer as her eyes still closely shut, probably still in a deep sleep.

“Ya..Chae Rin ah…wake up…” I called for her but she didn’t move; my heart starts to worry. I went to her side and pull open the curtain to get some light into the room and as I turn to look at her, she still didn’t move a muscle. Her face looked pretty pale. I move closer and held her cheek; it feels really warm, seems like she had a fever.

“Chae Rin-ah…ya, don’t play around…wake up! We’re going to be late.” I shook her shoulder and at that moment I remembered the way JB used to wake Youngjae up and I sit at the edge of her bed, slowly lift her body up to get her to sit but she still didn’t move and her warm body leans against mine, with her head fell on my shoulder. I held her forehead with my palm and it feels hot.

“Ya..you’re freaking me out…ya…wake up!” I softly patted her cheeks and she still didn’t move. With her warm body leaning against mine; it feels like my skin is going to get burn by the heat from her body. She must’ve had a high fever. This is dangerous.

“Guys!!! Help!!!”

End of POV

 

-------------------

Will Chae Rin be okay? What will happen to all of them next?

 

Mianhe readers  it took me a while to get this chapter done…hope you like it..please do leave your comments..have a nice day!