Four

Espresso

Minae's POV:

As ferociously as my brain was yelling at me to get to class, my body simply refused. Without even realizing, my feet started to move on their own, getting closer and closer to Kai's door again. Taking a peek through the window, I felt as if my heart had been dropped right onto the floor.

Of course, I had been the fool for hoping for that small sliver of hope that Kai hadn't been playing around with me. But watching as he pulled off her shirt, I couldn't help but to feel some kind of pain within my chest. Having had my share of love already with Chanyeol, I knew exactly why I was feeling this way. I was jealous, but why? Kai had always been a player. It was what he was known for.

Biting my lower lip, I felt my cheeks reddening and I hurried out of the building, not wanting to torture myself anymore.

Did I even have the right to be angry at him?

Of course not. I wasn't his girlfriend.

But was I angry?

Oh hell yes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_fk8j8Ryg2U4thYGYZJ

Watching the last customer walk through the door, I breathed a sigh of relief and slumped my shoulders. Leaning against the counter, I dazed off as Sehun made me a cup of coffee. Thoughts about my future, school, and Kai were all swirling around in my brain.

"Earth to Minae."

Snapping out of my thoughts, I shook my head and looked to see him waving his hand in front of my face. Remembering that I was still out in public, my eyes widened as I hoped I hadn't mumbled anything out loud. He simply chuckled while poking the tip of my nose. I pouted and stuck my tongue out in response.

"What were you thinking about?"

Shrugging my shoulders, I took a sip of the coffee and smiled as I felt my body warming up.

"Just something that's been on my nerves a little."

"Boy troubles?"

"Something like that."

Shaking his head, he gave me a smirk while propping his chin up on one hand, his elbow leaning on the counter.

"Don't I always tell you the single life is the better life?"

Scoffing, I flicked his forehead and he frowned.

"Don't I always respond by saying the single life is the lonely life?"

He rolled his eyes.

"I really don't get you, oppa. Frankly, you could have any girl you wanted. You're smart, you dance well, and hell, you're rich enough to buy this cafe for fun."

I immediately regretted saying the words as soon as they came out of my mouth, knowing his ego would only shoot up through the roof.

Giving me a wink, he leaned in to whisper into my ears.

"Then why don't you give me a shot?"

Shoving him away, I shot him a playful glare.

"Maybe next time Mr. Hotshot."

He began to smirk and playfully leaned in to plant a kiss on my cheeks. Being used to this kind of treatment from him, I simply giggled and lightly punched his chest.

At that moment, the sound of the bell at the front door was heard ringing, causing us to look up. Immediately, my eyes fell upon Kai, who was busy staring down Sehun at the moment.

Sehun raised an eyebrow and shot me a questioning look.

"Excuse me, sir, but we're closed right now."

Kai strolled over and took a seat on the stool in front of me, ignoring his words.

"I actually have a date with this lovely girl right here. So if you'll please excuse us."

I was simply awed by the confidence in this boy. How could he so defiantly walk in here when the store owner had promptly told him to get out?

Watching as Sehun glared at the troublemaker, I quickly grabbed onto his hand, not wanting to be left alone. I wasn't currently in the mood to be laughing and cracking jokes with Kai at the moment.

"Oppa he's lying. I've never even seen him before."

Instantly, Kai whipped his head around to look at me while Sehun plastered a smirk onto his face.

"Excuse me, but lying like that won't be getting you coffee after hours, sir. Please come tomorrow. If you refuse to listen, I will have to resort to calling the police."

Scoffing, Kai slowly rose from seat. Giving me one last look, he walked out of the cafe. I simply stared at his backview, knowing I had managed to hurt his pride.

"So he was the guy?"

Turning around, I looked to see Sehun crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, was he the guy that's been on your mind lately?"

"You could say so."

"Then I'm guessing he's also the reason why you stay behind every day?"

I nodded. He only chuckled in response.

"Well don't plan on avoiding him for too long. I know exactly what his type is like, and he'll definitely be back tomorrow."

Disregarding his words, I walked into the back room to grab my jacket.

"Yea, yea. As if I care."

But I actually did.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_fk8j8Ryg2U4thYGYZJ