One

Espresso

Minae's POV:

"Make sure to lock up after yourself."

Nodding, I waved goodbye as I watched Sehun's backview getting smaller and smaller. Sighing, I grabbed a rag and began to clean the counter, getting rid of the coffee stains. Then proceeding to wash the dishes, I stared out the window in front of me as I mentally pictured what I was going to buy for my midnight snack tonight.

Finishing up the last cups, I took the black apron off of my waist and took my hair out of its messy ponytail. Grabbing my coat out of the back room, I carelessly slung it over my shoulders and walked back out towards the counter. To my surprise, I saw a lone figure sitting on a stool, his chin propped up on one hand. His head was hanging low and bobbing from side to side, displaying how tired he was at the moment.

Hesitating, I grabbed the store keys off of the top shelf where we kept our fresh coffee beans and slowly walked towards him. Lightly tapping on his arm, I managed to catch his attention as he slowly lifted his head to stare at me.

In that moment, I felt as if my heart would explode and the keys in my hand fell to the floor.

The Kai was standing before, in the flesh, within my reach. I had heard so many rumors about him on campus - how he had slept with nearly half of the girls at our school, how he had managed to get the female professors within his grasp, how his one dance move could make someone's breath hitch. Of course, pictures of him floated around everywhere on the internet, but I had never seen him in person before. Well, not until today.

And those pictures were definitely not photoshopped.

He looked like he had stepped out a magazine, fresh with makeup and all. The way his black v-neck was cut dangerously low, enough to show a hint of his chest, made me feel something strange stirring inside of me. His pants were tight, but not too tight - just perfect enough to show his well-defines muscles that had been toned up from years of dance. His hair was perfectly tussled,  giving it that y just-got-out-of-bed look. He was literally the walking definition of .

The sleepy figure shot me a lazy grin and picked the keys up for me, tossing them into my hands.

"Hey."

My mouth suddenly went dry and I felt the blush rising to my cheeks. How was it that hearing one word come out of his mouth made me feel as if I had just won the lottery?

"H-Hello. I'm sorry but we're currently closed. Why don't you come again tomorrow?"

He sighed and took one of his hands, caressing my hair.

"Really? Can't you just make one more cup? For me? I've been exhausted lately and I really wanted some good ole' coffee to wake me up."

There was a mental debate that occurred within my head, but at that moment, he gave me the sweetest look I had ever seen. Melting, I nodded without even realizing and slowly set the keys on the counter. Mindlessly, my hands started to move on their own.

"What would you like?"

"Espresso."

Nodding, I reached for the materials and began to do what I did best. Feeling his gaze upon me, I constantly tried to avert my eyes, wanting for him to leave as soon as possible. As much as I loved to be near a walking god like him, it was intimidating at the same time - like I couldn't help but to mentally compare myself to all of the other girls, who were basically models, he had met before.

After what seemed like forever, I handed him a cup and he reached for it, his hands rubbing against mine. Immediately feeling the heat in my cheeks rising due to the contact, I cleared my throat and rubbed the nape of my neck.

"If you'll excuse me, I'll be hanging around in the back room. Just tell me when you're done and I'll come out to clean up."

Taking a step away from him, I was ready to run for my life due to my timidness, but he called out to me.

"Hey, wait."

Turning around, I gave him a questioning look.

"Aren't you going to take my pay?"

"Oh... Yea."

Biting my lower lip, I quickly received his payment and placed it into the cash register. Giving him his change, I scurried into the back room and began to fan myself with a hand, feeling embarressed from my little slip up back there.

Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes while sitting down on a bench and leaned my head against the wall. When I heard the sound of the door opening, I looked up and saw Kai staring at me with an amused smile on his face.

"So is that what you were going to do while I drank my coffee? Stare at the ceiling?"

Looking down to avoid his gaze, I heard his chuckle and he walked over to take a seat next to me.

"You know, I feel pretty special right now."

"Special?"

He nodded.

"Yea. If you ask me, most people aren't typically allowed in here. Am I right?"

I stared at him and he chuckled again, making me mentally squeal.

"Well, I have to say, that was probably the best coffee I've ever tasted. I'm definitely going to be coming back here soon."

He winked at me while handing me the empty cup, causing my mouth to part a little as my cheeks reddened like they had never reddened before.

"I'll see you later..."

His sentence dragged out and I just stared at him in curiousity.

"Was there something you wanted to say?"

Kai froze and then looked at me. He suddenly burst out into laughter, causing me to rub my arm and wonder if I had managed to humiliate myself again.

"You know, usually, girls would be dropping hints about themselves like crazy right now. You're obviously not like them."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I tried to piece together the message he was trying to send me.

"Your name. I was asking for your name."

"Oh. Minae. Kang Minae."

He gave me a smile, a really heartwarming one this time. It didn't scream "bad boy" or anything of the sort. It was the kind that managed to melt your insides in a heartbeat.

"Well I'll see you around Minae. Maybe these late-night coffee sessions could be our new thing - like our little secret."

As he walked out, I stared at the door in disbelief.

Had that really happened? Did the Kai actually come and have a conversation with me? Did he actually make this our little secret? I had a little secret with the Kai?

My mind was still swirling with thoughts as I locked up the cafe and began heading home.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_fk8j8Ryg2U4thYGYZJ