Twelve

Espresso

Minae's POV:

Time seemed to slow around me as everything came to a halt. My brain wasn't cooperating, buzzing with thoughts and swirling around like a tornado was taking place inside of my head. My heart was beating like crazy, and the first person that came to my mind was Sehun. Sure, he flirted with me all of the time, but it was only because of how comfortable we were with each other. Although I never admitted it out loud, he was one of the most trusted people in my life.

Immediately taking the bus and going all the way to his luxurious apartment complex, I mindlessly walked into the elevator and clicked the highest button, indicating his suite. My feet seemed to be moving on their own, which was a good thing considering I could barely see out of my swollen eyelids. Pressing the doorbell, I waited for about thirty seconds until the door opened, revealing a shirtless Sehun in front of me.

If I had been in the right mind, my cheeks would have been flushed with a brilliant shade of red. I mean, any sane girl would go gaga over those toned abs of his, especially when he was in such good lighting. However, now wasn't exactly the time as I ran to him right way and wrapped my arms around his neck, letting the tears soak onto his chest. Obviously taken by surprise, he took a few steps backwards before placing his arms around my waist, pulling me in. No questions were asked, but there were none needed. Embracing me in silence, he rubbed my back until the tears finally quieted down.

Taking a step backwards, I wiped the salty drops off of my cheeks and buried my red face in my hands, slightly embarressed for him to see me like this. But to my surprise, he simply brought me over to the couch and had me lay down, my head lying in his lap. my hair, he pressed his thumb to my face, getting rid of any left over tears.

"What's the matter Minae?"

His voice was strangely soft, and yet, it comforted me. 

I simply closed my eyes and ignored his question, knowing he would be leave alone until I was ready.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_fk8j8Ryg2U4thYGYZJ

Displeased with the sudden light shining on my face, I squinted and slowly lifted one eyelid after another. After readjusting to my surroundings, I sat up, only to realize that I was still on Sehun's couch.

"You awake?"

Turning my head, I looked to see Sehun walking over with a tray of food in his hands, this time wearing a shirt. Setting it onto the living room table, he grabbed my hand and made me sit down next to him.

"Yea. I'm sorry for coming in so suddenly, oppa."

He chuckled while ruffling my hair.

"It's fine. Do you at least feel better now?"

I nodded sheepishly and fiddled with my fingers.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?"

Looking up, I could literally see the curiousity written all over his face. But the mere remembrance of last night's activities made me want to cry all over again. Still, who else did I have to confide my feelings to?

"It was Kai..."

"Kai?"

He cocked an eyebrow.

"I thought he told you to call him Jongin."

"I don't think that applies anymore..."

His eyes widened.

"Wait. Did he break up with you? Because I swear I'll beat him up for you."

Placing a hand over his now clenched fist, I waited for him to relax a little.

"Actually, I was the one that broke up with him."

His shoulders relaxed the slightest bit.

"But why? You were so in love with him."

I laughed a bitter laugh.

"Love can only be so strong, especially when you find out that the one you thought was always going to be by your side was making love to another girl."

"What?! Alright. I'm done now. Where is the er? Where is he?!"

He jumped up and walked over to grab a jacket, but I hurriedly ran over and threw myself against the closet door.

"No, oppa. Don't touch him."

"But - "

"Oppa, it's only been a day and my feelings for him remain the same. I love him, and I don't want you to be the one that hurts him."

"Minae - "

"Do you want to hurt me, oppa? Because that's what will happen if you lay a finger on him."

He looked into my eyes before switching his gaze onto the floor. Sighing, he walked over and plopped himself on the couch. I followed after him and made him lay his head on my lap, just as a small token of appreciation for last night. His eyebrows were furrowed, so I took a finger and pressed his forehead, trying release the tensions. As he relaxed a little, I brought my hand over his hair and started to brush through it.

"The girl was his fiance."

"Fiance? When the did that happen?"

"Apparently they've been engaged for seven months now. She agreed to grant him a wish if he had with her monthly, so being the idiot he was, he took the deal and managed to delay the marriage until now. He told me he was trying to find a way out so that we could be together with nothing stopping us, but he was scared to tell me because he thought he would lose me. But what the hell did he think I was going to do in this kind of situation? I just couldn't bring myself to lower my pride like that, especially not for some girl I didn't even know. It would be so... shameless."

He nodded.

"Well I'm glad you did what you did, Minae. Don't screw yourself over for some guy you think you're in love with right now. Who knows? Maybe you'll find a better guy, one that's honest with you and loves you as much as you love him."

I mindlessly nodded, but something inside of me doubted that.

"Sure oppa."

"I'm serious. He might've been there all along."

I didn't really take in the last words and simply waved them off, too preoccupied to think about my life from now on.

What would it be like on campus? Most people knew about our relationship by now.

Who would walk me home from the cafe every night? Kai had warned me about the dangers of night and insisted on staying with me for protection.

What would we say to each other the next time we met? I couldn't bear to see his face anymore.

I sighed and Sehun seemed to notice. Sitting up, he brought my face into his chest and hugged me tight.

"Don't worry. Time will pass."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_fk8j8Ryg2U4thYGYZJ