Eleven

Espresso

Minae's POV:

"Why do you keep giggling to yourself?"

Looking over my shoulder, I noticed Sehun shooting up an eyebrow, staring at me as if I was out of my mind. Shrugging my shoulders, I proceeded  to wipe down the counter while he flipped the front sign to "closed."

"Kai again, am I right?"

I nodded while humming a song to myself. Remembering last night's events, I chuckled again.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_fk8j8Ryg2U4thYGYZJ

In order to celebrate our one month anniversary, Jongin had come over my apartment with cake and flowers. He had looked so awkward, considering he wasn't really the type to do such cheesy things. With his uncomfortable looking outfit, I had burst out into a fit of laughter the moment I opened my door. He didn't really seem to like my reaction and pouted, only causing me to laugh even louder.

After tossing off his jacket and tussling his hair a little, he looked a little more at ease with himself. And frankly, I liked this Jongin better than suited up Jongin. He just seemed to be more natural this way.

Walking up behind me, he wrapped his arms around my waist as I was cooking our dinner. 

"Jongin, let go of me. I can't be distracted, unless of course, you want a burnt meal."

He pouted and backed away, but being the mischevious guy he was, he found the smallest ways to derive my attention away from the task at hand.

Tracing along my backline, he dragged his finger all the way the down to my , causing me to send a glare at him. He instead shot me a smirk and gave it a squeeze, resulting in his downfall as I lightly kicked his shin.

I had noticed that he been a little hornier these days, but I simply went along with everything he did. Frankly, we hadn't really made any ual progress over the course of our relationship, and knowing what kind of guy he was, I wasn't expecting him to wait for long.

After eating dinner and the cake he had brought, we were relaxing on my couch when he popped a question I hadn't been expecting for a long time.

"Do you like kids, Minae?"

Whipping my head in his direction, I raised an eyebrow.

"Why the sudden question, Jongin?"

He shrugged his shoulders.

"I just want to know what my future family is going to be like."

Hearing his response, I began to feel a little cheeky.

"And how are you so sure I'm going to be the one making a family with you?"

Pulling me onto his lap, he planted a kiss on my lips before planting another one of the tip of my nose.

"I'm sure of it. I just know."

"Well then you're going to have to make sure you don't lose me."

He smirked.

"Trust me, that'll never happen."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_fk8j8Ryg2U4thYGYZJ

I couldn't stop reminscing last night's memories. The thought of Jongin wanting to have a family with me was just too adorable to resist.

As of now, I was hurriedly walking towards his dance studio, wanting to stop by and give him a little surprise. Dance seemed to be stressing him out lately, so I wanted to give him a break to chill and clear his mind a little.

Walking towards the familiar room, I was about to open the door when the handle suddenly clicked. Taking a step back, I watched as a beautiful, lean girl walked out of the room, her hair and clothes disheveled.

She hadn't seen me, but I had obviously seen her.

Fists clenching and unclenching over and over again, I bit my lower lip and rapidly blinked my eyes to prevent any tears from falling out. Of course, I didn't want to be the one to jump to conclusions, but there weren't many explanations available for this kind of scenario.

Taking a deep breath, I opened the door and walked in, heart dropping the moment I saw Kai without any clothes on. He looked up at me in shock and immediately stood up, running over to go throw on something to cover his bare body.

My breath was starting to hitch, my vision blurring at the same time. I felt as if the oxygen in me was slowly running out, depleting without any source of refueling.

"What... What was that?"

His eyes seemed to be screaming at me, anguish and sorrow all in one.

Taking a step closer to me, he reached out for me, but I only stepped back from him. Slamming my back against the wall, I slowly slid down and crawled into a ball. Fighting back the tears, I failed to do so and one finally slipped out, the rest following right after.

"I... I thought you loved me. You said you wanted to have a family with me. That was only a day ago!"

I was crying hysterically now, kicking at him if he tried to take a step closer.

"Minae."

I ignored him and continued to sob.

"Minae."

He took a step closer once more, this time enduring the pain of the kicks and grasping me by both shoulders.

"Minae."

I managed to look up at his face with hateful eyes. Shoving at his chest, I relentlessly attempted to push him away, but my strength was no match for his. No surprise there.

"Listen to me. I'm only going to say this once, never again."

Trying to calm down the hiccups, I looked down at the floor while giving the slightest nod.

"That girl you saw... She's my fiance."

My heart seemed to drop right onto the floor and my mind immediately blanked.

"Just listen to me."

He sighed before starting again.

"I've been arranged to marry her for about seven months now. If I hadn't made a deal to sleep with her every month, I would've already been married to her, preventing me from meeting someone as amazing as you. She agreed to listen to my every wish, but breaking off the marriage was one of the things she wouldn't allow. I've been trying to stall time as long as I can. This can't be dragged out forever, but I know I'll find a way to break this stupid thing off once and for all. I know it was low of me to keep it a secret from you, but I couldn't risk losing you. Please, please don't leave me."

I looked up to see his pleading eyes, but I still couldn't bring myself to forget the look on his face when he got caught.

Shaking my head, I closed my eyes while pulling my mouth into a tight line.

"I can't, Kai. This... This needs to stop."

"Minae."

"No! You were the one that told me relationships were about solving these kinds of issues, you promised me. You knew how scared I was to go into this fling with you, and yet you selfishly got everything you wanted anyways. I told you I didn't fit in with you kind of people. I - "

My words got cut off as he dropped down to his knees, tears springing out of his eyes. I froze in shock, but no attempt was made to bring him back up. Instead, I still felt this hatred burning inside of me. Taking a step towards the door, I was pulled back as his hand landed on my wrist.

"Baby, please. I... I love you."

My heart felt like it was being torn apart the instant I heard the three words I had been dying to hear for a while now.

Why did fate like to play with my feeling like this?

Was I that vulnerable?

Shaking his grip off, I ran out the door, covering my eyes with my hands to prevent others from seeing my bloated, red face.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQq_fk8j8Ryg2U4thYGYZJ