Just Wait

Destined

YOUNGBAE’s POV

 

“Youngbae hyung, hurry up!  I’m tired!,” Seungri yelled as I walked towards the van.  I quickened my pace a bit, taking a few more seconds before I entered the van.

 

“Youngbae-ah, what happened?,”  Top hyung asked as the van started to move.

 

“Yeah, what took you so long?  Forgot something?,” Jiyong questioned as I sat down next to him.

 

While looking out the window, I answered a bit slowly, “…Ani…nothing like that…”

 

“Geojitmal.  You were obviously staying back a bit for something…” Daesung said.

 

“…” I was a bit embarrassed to answer, but they just kept staring at me.  Even Teddy hyung was.  “…Fine.”

 

“…So?”  Jiyong asked.

 

“I-I-I was going to tell her…”

 

“Her?,” Seungri asked.

 

“Yuri,” I made clear.  “I was going to confess to her my feelings,” I said, still looking out the window, still feeling a bit embarrassed.

 

“And?,” Daesung asked.

 

“I didn’t do it.”

 

“There’s the Youngbae we all know,” Teddy hyung joked.

 

“Yah, this is funny to you?!”

 

“I’m just joking…but honestly what did we expect from the shy guy?,” Top hyung added.

 

“Yeah, whatever.”

 

“Well, since we all knew what would happen, then I guess I did a good deed today.  Even after Youngbae screwed me over with Yoona.  I better be rewarded soon,” Jiyong said while making a praying action.

 

“Wae?  What are you talking about, Jiyong-ah?”  I was confused by what he said.

 

“Oh, nothing,” Jiyong said.  I shrugged it off, seeing that he seemed to be hiding something, so I drank my water bottle since I was thirsty.  “I just told Yuri through a little letter that you loved her a lot,” Jiyong said calmly.  The others seemed shocked.  I was still drinking from my water when he said that.  It took me a few seconds before I realized what he had admitted.  I spit out most of the water in my mouth before coughing a lot.  Jiyong was patting my back to lessen my coughing.  “Yah, don’t go dying on me now, Youngbae-ah!”

 

When I was able to breathe regularly, I was able to formulate a complete question.  “Yah!  What did you say you did?!”

 

“I said exactly what I meant,” Jiyong reiterated.

 

“Th-the-then that means….”

 

“Yup.  She knows now,” he said smirking.

 

We were all quiet in the van, until maknae decided to speak.  “Hyung, what’s the worse that could happen?  You get rejected by your crus-.“  Top hyung covered Seungri’s seemingly big mouth while I continued to glare at him.

 

“Seungri-ah, I think you need to shut up right now,” Top hyung said.  I nodded to hyung in thanks.

 

“But what do I do now?  It’s the weekend and I didn’t get her number.  I can’t tell her that it was you being you,” I said in a panic.

 

“I already said in the letter that I wrote it and that you were talking about her any time you could, so she already has the idea that it’s true.  And it is true that you love her, right?”

 

“…Neh.”

 

“Then there should be no problem,”  Jiyong said, smiling.  “Now let’s go sleep, we got to the dorms.  We have a lot to practice tomorrow.”  As we got our things and exited the car, I pulled Jiyong back to talk.

 

“Ottoke?  This was the first time I’ve had a confession and I didn’t even do it.  What am I to do?  What if she says no?  Or even worse, yes?  I have no idea!”

 

“Calm down, Youngbae-ah!,” he said placing his hands on my shoulders to calm me.  “Whatever happens, happens.  However, it’s clear that she likes you too, so don’t worry, arasso?”  I nodded in response.

 

“So what do I do now?”

 

“Just wait until the next time you see her.  It’s guaranteed to be a great time for the both of you,” he said sincerely smiling for me.

 

“Gomawo, Jiyong-ah.”  We had a bit of a bro-hug moment.  In the middle of it, I said, “Good thing you gave me some advice.  Or else I would have regretted telling Yuri to give a good word of you to Yoona,” I joked.

 

“Yah!  What did you say?!”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Short update; also. like the title of this chapter as well as Jiyong says, just wait for the next update.  That's where Youngbae and Yuri meet for the first time since the letter confession.  All right, I'm out!  See you next time  :)