Culprit Revealed

Destined

YURI’S POV

 

“Yah!  Stop talking to me, you byuntae!,”  Tiffany said.

 

“You’re the one who keeps talking back to me!,”  Daesung argued.

 

 “Yah!  Couldn’t you guys at least stop arguing while we’re eating?,” Top oppa said.

 

“But why do I need to sit next to him?!/Why am I sitting next to her?!,” both Tiffany and Daesung whined.

 

“Because you guys took too long to sit and we already filled the other seats,” I told them.  We were sitting at a circular table for all 14 of us.

 

*In clockwise order:  Taeyeon, Youngbae, Yuri, Yoona, Jiyong, Hyoyeon, Sunny, Top, Jessica, Sooyoung, Seohyun and Seungri.  2 empty seats between Seungri and Taeyeon.*

 

“Just sit down and we can talk this out later, okay?,” Youngbae oppa said.  “I’m pretty sure everyone else came here to eat and enjoy the food, not this.”

 

Tiffany and Daesung became quiet, before sitting down in the empty seats; Tiffany sat next to Taeyeon and Daesung sat in the next seat by Seungri.  Everyone else sighed, finally being able to enjoy some peace and quiet while eating.  The shikshins, Yoona and Sooyoung, were especially happy that we got to eat. 

 

Until another distraction.

 

“Seohyun-ah, do you have a boyfriend?  You seem like a girl who would have guys falling for her easily.  Like me, maybe?,” Seungri said.  Seohyun’s face turned a bright red color.  Yoona and Sooyoung stopped in the middle of chewing their food, almost choking on it.  The rest of us were either shocked at Seungri’s confession or cringing at his cheesiness. 

 

“Yah!  Seungri-ah!  Right when we were all finally quiet!,”  Jiyong said as he helped Yoona stop choking.  Jessica tended to Sooyoung as well.

 

I felt disappointed.  Geez.  When will we finish eating?!  At this point, Youngbae oppa and his friends will have to leave already.  My thoughts were interrupted as I was tapped on the shoulder. 

 

It was Youngbae oppa.  He smiled and gave me a look that told me not to worry about the time.  I smiled back before the both of us chuckled a bit.  There was a silence around us now.

 

“Oppa, what just happened between you and Yuri?,”  Taeyeon asked.

 

“N-no-nothing, Taeyeon-ah,” Youngbae replied hastily.  Everyone else just eyed us two while we acted like nothing happened.

 

*****

 

Finally.  We finally finished eating in that restaurant.  Sigh.  When I went with Youngbae oppa when he paid for the meal, we felt the need to apologize to the ahjumma and ahjusshi.  Thankfully, they were okay with it and even found it amusing.

 

All of us went to relax in the park before Youngbae oppa and his friends were going to be picked up by their sajangnim.  And by relax, I mean that the arguments and embarrassment continued.

 

“Can you guys get this byuntae away from me now?!  He’s almost at Taeng’s level!,” Tiffany yelled.

 

“Yah!  Not you too, Fany-ah!,” Taeyeon unnie yelled back while trying to hit Tiffany.  Youngbae oppa was holding unnie back by grabbing her backpack.

 

“Aish, this shorty,” oppa said, to which Taeyeon turned around and slapped him in the shoulder.

 

“I didn’t do anything bad to her though.  She just pushed me all of a sudden when TOP hyung and I were in the hallway,” Daesung said.

 

Tiffany walked up to Daesung and poked her finger to his chest.  “Yah!  You know what you did, you byuntae!  You touched my when you walked past me after class in the hallway!”

 

“What?  That didn’t even happen,” Daesung said, surprised at the accusation.

 

“Geojitmal!,” Tiffany yelled.

 

“Actually, Daesung's right.  We didn’t walk past you after class.  In fact, we left the classroom before you girls, so there was no way that we would have passed you, considering that we stayed in the same spot for a while,” TOP oppa said, giving his perspective.

 

“If that’s true, oppa, then who would have done it?,” Jessica asked.

 

There was a silence amongst us.  Then Youngbae asked, ”Tiffany, who were you with before you were,…you know…”

 

“Uhhh, I was with Sica and Sunny.  Wae?”

 

“Was there anyone else?  Like someone who was in a rush?,” Youngbae oppa asked again.

 

“Hmmm.  Actually, I do think that someone ran past us, but I’m not sure.  That person was moving pretty quick, I think,” Sunny answered after thinking for a bit.

 

“Now that I think about it, that person seemed short in height as well.  But why do you ask, oppa?,” Tiffany asked.

 

Youngbae oppa, Jiyong oppa, Yoona and I all looked towards Taeyeon unnie.  She looked all innocent and acted oblivious.  “W-wh-what are you guys staring at?, she asked.

 

“Taeyeon-ah.  You know already what I’m thinking,” Youngbae oppa said as he, Jiyong oppa, Yoona and I swiftly surrounded her.

 

“W-wh-what do you mean?,” Taeyeon unnie asked, a bit scared.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, if you don’t admit it, we won’t hold back,” Jiyong oppa said.

 

“Hold back?”

 

“Okay then, unnie.  Act like you did nothing wrong,” Yoona said.

 

“Face the consequences, unnie,” I finished.  The four of us closed in on Taeyeon unnie and started to tickle her.

 

“Y-ya-yah!  St-st-st-stop it!,”  Taeyeon unnie screamed while also giggling from being tickled.  The four of us ticklers were laughing as well, while the rest were confused.  After a while, unnie gave in.  “F-fi-fine!  I’ll confess it already!”

 

We stopped tickling unnie, and Youngbae oppa caught and prevented her from falling since she was still feeling the pain of laughing too much.  As oppa held her up, Tiffany asked, “…Uhhh,…what just happened?”

 

“Taeyeon-ah, talk.  You promised already,” oppa said.

 

“F-Fa-Fany-ah.  Daesung-ah.  Mianhae.”

 

“Bwoh?  For what?,” Daesung asked.

 

“…I-I-I was the one who ran quickly by you guys…and the one who touched Fany’s .  But it was only because I was rushing to greet Bae oppa!”

 

“Bwoh?!  Unnie?!,” Tiffany was shocked.

 

“I told you so,” Daesung said beforeTiffany glared at him.  Daesung whistled and looked away a bit.

 

"But it was just a quick touch, Fany-ah."

 

“Aigoo.  Taeyeon-ah,” Youngbae oppa said as he looked to unnie.  Unnie looked back to him. 

 

“What, oppa?”

 

“I think you need to grow up a bit.  Both physically and mentally,” oppa joked.  The rest of us laughed at his statement.

 

“Yah!”

 


 

What better way to end the saga of teasing kid leader Taeyeon, than on her birthday?!  Yes, I know that there hasn’t been much YulYang present in the story, but I like adding these subtle moments rather than going all in at once.  However, that will might change during the next few chapters.  Anyways, happy birthday once again to Taeyeon!

 

Thanks for reading!

 

P.S. Sorry for not updating for a bit.  I’ve never thought I’d do it, but I’ve started watching kdramas recently, beginning with “To The Beautiful You,” starring my f(x) and SHINee biases, Sulli and Minho.  I got too hooked to watching it and well, it’s the reason I’ve been MIA. 

 

P.P.S.  I was disappointed by it’s ending though T_T