The Calm Before The Storm

Destined

YOUNGBAE’s POV

 

I was sitting underneath the shade of a big tree, along with everyone else.  I was deep in thought for a while. 

 

Making fun of Taeyeon is cool and all, and learning about how our members met is hilarious, but other than back at school, I’ve hardly spoken with Yuri today.  I started to look towards Yuri’s direction, where she was laughing with the rest of our friends.  Heck, I’ve hardly spoken to her in the last three years.  I sighed to myself.

 

Someone bumped me a bit before speaking.  “Youngbae-ah, you alright?”  I looked in the voice’s direction.  It was Jiyong.

 

“Neh.  I’m fine.”

 

“Doesn’t seem that way, dude.”

 

“I have no idea what you’re even talking about.”

 

“Well, I know that you know that I know what I’m talking about.”

 

“And that is?”

 

“Why don’t you go talk to Yuri already?”

 

“…”

 

“Told you that I knew.”

 

“…Shut up, Jiyong.”

 

“Well, it’s not like we have all the time in the world for you to wait.  Hyun Suk sajangnim is picking us up in about ten minutes,” Jiyong mentioned.

 

“Wait, what?!”

 

“Yeah, so if you have something to tell her, do it now.”

 

I was about to answer, but then we overheard Yuri say something.  “Sunny unnie, can you watch my stuff?  I’m going to go to the restroom.”

 

“Okay, but take someone with you!  It’s almost dark and you don’t want someone worse then Taeng to follow you, right?!,” Sunny joked, while Taeyeon seemed to be completely over with life due to the constant teasing.

 

“Youngbae will go!,” Jiyong yelled, raising my hand up for me.

 

I whispered hastily to Jiyong, “Yah!  What the heck was that for?!”

 

“You wanted a chance to talk?  Well, you’ve got one now.  But hurry before sajangnim cuts down on our allowance!” Jiyong whispered back.  It took me a while to realize what he did, but I understood and gave a smile.  He patted my back and pushed me to stand up.

 

I was a bit wobbly from sitting down so I had to steady myself somehow, but someone caught me and held me from falling back down.

 

Yuri.

 

“Ahhh.  Gomawo, Yuri-ah,” I said with a smile.

 

“N-n-no problem, oppa.  C’mon, let’s go,” she said before taking my hand and pulling me off to the restroom.  I could here some quiet cheering and laughter behind us. 

 

Sigh.

 

*****

 

A few minutes later, we slowed our walking pace, so I felt like it was a good time to start a conversation.  “It’s been a long time since we’ve been like this, Yuri-ah.”

 

“Like what?”

 

I raised both of our hands, fingers still intertwined.  “Since you’ve held my hand like this,” I teased.

 

She immediately let go of my hand before saying, “Yah!  When have I ever done that?!”

 

Hearing her answer, I was a bit disappointed.  “Y-you don’t remember?”  Yuri shook her head in response.  “Oh…it was the day when you sent me off at the bus station…to come here to Seoul.”

 

Yuri covered with her hand.  “Omo!  Oppa, mianhae, I forgot about that day since I knew I wouldn’t be seeing you for a while!  Mianhae!”

 

“Yuri-ah, it’s fine.  I understand that it wasn’t a good day to remember, I guess.”

 

“You sure?”

 

“Neh.  Anyways, we’re here already,” I said, stopping us in front of the restroom.  Yuri nodded, before rushing into the female restroom.  I just silently waited, awkwardly leaning against the wall near the doorway.  After a while, I called out to Yuri.  “Yah, Yuri, are you okay?  It’s been a while.”

 

“O-op-oppa?!  Can you do something for me?  To cover up the noise?”  She shyly asked.

 

“Waeyo?”  It took me a bit to understand the situation.  “Oh!  Yeah, sure I can!  But what?!”

 

“Maybe do some of your rapping?”

 

“Oh, uh…I don’t rap anymore.  But I can sing for you,” I admitted.

 

“Sure!  Anything!” 

 

Aish.  Hope all that practicing with Se7en hyung helped!

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the lack of consistency with updates, but I’ve been caught up with college stuff.  That and trying to deal with cold weather in Hawaii (ironic, isn’t it?).  But now, I have a week off to potentially update both this story and my other story, Unanticipated.

 

One more thing, I’ve been meaning to find a pairing for Top, so comment one of the following members for your chance to decide:

  • Sunny
  • Sooyoung
  • Taeyeon
  • Jessica

 

P.S.  I lied.  Last thing is that if you didn’t notice, the title of this chapter has a double meaning, so leave what you think the meanings are along with your choice of Top pairing!  :D