Two Surprises

Destined

YURI’s POV

 

Ottoke?!  I didn’t think I needed to use the bathroom THIS bad!  So embarrassing!, I thought as I continued to sit down on the toilet seat.  Aish!  Why must this happen to me?!  Did I do something bad in a past life to be condemned with constipation and a sore stomach?!  Ottoke?!

 

“Yuri-ah, you sure it’s that bad?,” Youngbae oppa asked.

 

My stomach growled loudly.  “I’m pretty sure, oppa!”

 

“Aish.  Fine.  But don’t laugh, I’ve only switched to singing a few weeks ago,” he pleaded.

 

“Araso, araso, oppa!  Hurry though!”  My stomach growled again.  I heard oppa sighing deeply.  I could hear the uncertainty just from that.  It was a bit quiet until he finally started. 

 

*My Boo – Usher & Alicia Keys

 

There's always that one person

That will always have your heart.

You never see it coming

Cause you're blinded from the start.

Know that you're that one for me

It's clear for everyone to see.

Ooh baby ooh you'll always be my boo.

 

Wah?!  Oppa must be lying!  Saying that he’s only been singing for a few weeks!  He sounds like he could match Taeyeon unnie’s singing!, I thought as I washed up at the sink.  I was surprised that my need to use the bathroom reduced as oppa continued singing.

 

Do you remember girl

I was the one who gave you your first kiss

Cause I remember girl

I was the one who said put your lips like this

Even before all the fame and

People screaming your name

Girl I was there when you were my baby

 

I walked out of the restroom at this point, but oppa didn’t seem to notice.  “Oppa?”  He didn’t seem to hear me.  “Oppa?!,” I spoke louder, also touching him on the shoulder a bit.

 

“Mwoh?!  Oh, Yuri-ah?  You done already?”  I just nodded in response.

 

“O-op-oppa?  Your singing…” I was still amazed by how good he was.

 

“I know.  It’s not that great, but I’ve been trying to get by getting help from Se7en hyung and-“

 

“Ani!  Your singing is daebak!  Your english too!  You’re almost like Taeyeon unnie!  I guess it runs in the family,” I interrupted him, finishing with a smile.

 

“…You think so?”

 

“Of course, oppa,” I reassured him.

 

Youngbae oppa gave me an eyesmile before suddenly pulling me in.  “Gomawo, Yul,” he whispered into my ear as he hugged me.

 

“Y-Yu-Yul?  You still remember that nickname?,” I asked while trying to hide my blushing face.

 

“Of course I do.  You told me before that I could call you that, right?  Since we’ll be seeing each other more often, I thought I’d call you that again,” oppa said as he pulled away from the hug.  “Anyways, why did you get out so quickly?  I thought you had to-“

 

“Yah!,” I yelled, covering his mouth.  “Don’t speak of it, please?!  This is not to be mentioned ever, especially to my members, okay?!”  I put out my pinky, waiting for him to reciprocate.

 

“Araso,” he said, taking my hand away from his mouth.  Then he stuck out his pinky as well, hooking our pinky fingers together to symbolize a promise.  Afterwards, he started walking away.  “Now hurry up.  Both of us will have to leave soon.”  I jogged a bit to catch up to him, taking his hand and hugging his arm in the process.  “Mwoh?  Something wrong, Yul?”

 

“Ani.  It’s just becoming dark now, so I don’t want to trip or something like that.”

 

“Or…”

 

“Or what?!”

 

“Or you like me?  C’mon, Yul, no need to hide your feelings,” oppa said, smirking at me.

 

“Yah!,” I let go of his arm immediately.  “Take that back!”

 

“Why are you blushing then?  Is it true?,” oppa’s face came closer to mine.

 

“Ani!  You just said it out of nowhere!  Of course I’d be flustered!,” I hastily replied while looking away.

 

Oppa backed up and started to walk away.  “Araso, araso.  Let’s just get back.”

 

“Not before you apologize!”  Oppa started to run now.  “Yah!  Get back here!,” I yelled as I ran in chase.  We were getting close to our friends, and by now, I have already caught up to oppa.  I was able to jump onto his back, but I had to hold on for dear life if I didn’t want to fall.

 

“Yah!  Not this again!  It was bad enough when Taeyeon-ah did it, but she’s short compared to you!,” oppa said as he slowed his pace to accommodate me.

 

“And none of this would happen if you’d keep quiet, oppa!”

 

“Aish, fine.  I’m sorry!,” he said after a while.  “Yah, we’re back already,” he announced to our friends.

 

“Yah, what took you two so long?!,” Sunny unnie asked.  “I thought you only needed to use the bathroom, but it’s been half an hour already!”

 

“Youngbae-ah, I thought you just wanted to talk, not make out?!,”  Jiyong oppa said.  I felt myself blush immensely as Youngbae oppa put me down gently.

 

“Yah, I’m not a playboy like you, Jiyong-ah.”

 

“A playboy?  Aish, and I thought he was cute too,” I heard Yoona mutter underneath her breath.

 

I saw Jiyong oppa pull Youngbae oppa off to the side, whispering a bit but I could still hear them.  “Yah, why’d you say that for?!  You already know that I like Yoona!”

 

“Exactly why I did it.  If you can crack a joke, I can too.”

 

“Are you courting with death?,” Jiyong oppa said before making a fist.

 

A mysterious voice interrupted, stopping Jiyong oppa from throwing a punch.  “Jiyong-ah, you better not be doing what I think it is.”  My members and I didn’t know who he was, so we hid behind the oppas, with me hiding behind Youngbae oppa.

 

Youngbae oppa and the rest of the oppas bowed towards the stranger.  “Annyeonghaesaeyo, Teddy hyung!”

 

“Yah, what’d I say about bowing and being formal to me?  No need to, araso?  Anyways, hurry up and finish your little dates.  YG hyung wants to go over your practice schedules for the weekend.”  This Teddy guy smirked at us and bowed before walking back to the van he arrived in.

 

“Dates? Aish, this hyung,” Daesung exclaimed.

 

I asked Youngbae oppa, “Oppa, who is that Teddy person?”

 

“You don’t know?  He’s a part of 1TYM and is a producer at YG.”  I made a oh face since I didn’t necessarily follow many groups.  “Well I guess this is goodbye?  I’ll see you at school on Monday?,” oppa asked.

 

“Of course.”

 

Oppa looked over to his friends who were also saying goodbye.  Jiyong, who wanted to say goodbye to Yoona, didn’t because of what happened a bit earlier.  “Yul, put in a good word for Jiyong to Yoona, araso?  I was just kidding, he’s actually pretty caring.”

 

“Araso.”  He started to walk away with his friends to the van before turning back around.  He seemed to be looking towards me.  “Forgot something?”

 

“…Ani.  See you guys next time!,” he said before turning again and waving backwards.

 

After all of us girls waved back, we went to grab our bags and started walking home.  Yoona and I were in the back, but then Yoona whispered to me, “Yul, what’s that sticking out of your bag pocket?”

 

“Mwoh?  I don’t know,” I said before pulling the object out.  It was a folded-up piece of paper.  Yoona helped me unfold it and the writing on it was surprising indeed.

 

“Omo!  This is daebak!,” Yoona yelled loudly, prompting the others to turn around.

 

“Wae?!  What’s so daebak that you have to scream that loud?!,” Taeyeon unnie asked.  The girls surrounded us to look at the paper while I was a bit shocked from what I read.

 

“Omo!  This IS daebak!,” is all I heard from my friends around me.  I wasn’t sure that what I read was correct, so I reread the writing.

 

Yuri,

 

This is Jiyong.  We both know how Youngbae-ah is, how he’s quiet and shy, but whenever he mentions you, he becomes this bright and happy person, so I thank you for that.  Because of you, he was also able to cheer me up at times, doing things he probably did for you as well.  

 

But that’s where common things between us Kwons end.  Youngbae’s been holding on to this thought for who knows how long.  Maybe since before he left you.  He was always unsure of your feelings, but confident of his own.  I'm his best friend, but you are something more to him.

 

Yuri.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Youngbae loves you.  A lot.