Reappearance

Destined

YURI'S POV

 

Sigh.

 

Another day, another useless math equation to learn.  I don't have a problem with math, but honestly, where would you need to use trigonometric functions in everyday life?

 

Whatever.  It's my last class for today anyways.

 

"Yul, what are you doing?," Yoona asked me as she gestured towards my notebook.  I wasn't really sure myself, but I noticed that my hand was moving.  I stopped, then looked down to my paper. 

 

Crap.

 

I ended up scribbling nonsense all over my math notes for today, making it illegible and seem like alien language.  "Damnit.  Yoong, can I borrow your notes again?  I've seemed to...mess mine up a bit."

 

"A bit?!  More like a lot!  And this is the third class today that you need my notes!  Aigoo.  Why are you not paying attention?!  We need to keep our grades up if we're going to continue as trainees!  Unnies will be mad if you fail!" Yoona reminded me.

 

Oh yeah.  Both Yoona and I, as well as a lot of our other friends, were trainees at SM Entertainment, and it was a requirement that if we continued attending school while being trainees, we had to earn at least passing grades to be eligible. 

 

Yoona continued, “You weren’t this bad in school before, right?  Then as soon as you reach high school, you started to not care anymore.  What happened, unnie?”

 

“…He left.  That’s what happened.”  I unconsciously said.

 

“What?  Who?”  Yoona asked, but that’s when I spaced out.

 

It’s true.  I used to enjoy coming to school, but not because of the classes or school activities.  It was because I got to spend time with him.

 

Oppa.

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

I met him one day in primary school, when he protected me from some boys who were teasing me for wearing my favorite bow that day.  They had laughed at the pink bow on top of my head, saying that it made me look too weird and ugly.  Then they tried to take it off so that they could mess up my hair, as well as to throw it into some mud outside.

 

I tried to run away while covering my bow, but they surrounded me.  Fearing that it’ll get taken, I tried to yell for help, but there was no one else in sight.  As the boys started approaching me, I just closed my eyes and sat on the ground since I couldn’t do anything.  Until a voice appeared.

 

“Yah, what do you think you guys are doing?!,” the new voice said.

 

“Youngbae?  What do you want?  We’re too busy here making fun of this girl.”  One of the bullies said.

 

Another said, “Yeah, don’t you see her stupid bow?  It’s ugly and pink!”

 

“Back away from her.  She didn’t do anything to you guys,”  Youngbae said as he approached us.

 

“And what if we don’t?,” the first bully responded.

 

“Let’s just say someone’s omma will finally know who stole her money just to buy a stupid toy car,”  Youngbae smirked.

 

“W-wh-what are you talking about?  My omma?,” the second bully asked.

 

“Yeah.  Your so-called friend here was the one who stole your omma’s money.”  Youngbae said nonchalantly.

 

The first bully was shocked by what was revealed.  When he turned to see his friend, he was mad.  The first bully ran away, with the second in pursuit.  Afterwards, Youngbae walked towards me and held out his hand.

 

“You okay?”  All I could was nod as I took his hand to stand up.  He chuckled and continued, “You have a name at least, right?  Mine’s Dong Youngbae.”  He showed a cute eyesmile.

 

I was a bit mesmerized by his smile, but managed to say, “Kw-Kwon Yuri.”

 

“So Kwon Yuri, I’m glad you’re okay again.  I don’t know why they said you looked ugly with a bow.  I think you’d look pretty without it anyways.  The bow just adds to it.”  I easily blushed at his comment , never hearing those types of words from a boy before.

“Anyways, are you new here?  I’ve never seen you around before,”  he questioned.

 

“N-neh, I just moved here.”  I answered.

 

“Well, since you’re new, how about I show you around?  I’ve only moved here a few months ago, but I know my way around already.”  I nodded in response.  “Oh by the way, what grade are you, Yuri?”

 

“Oh, I’m in fifth grade this year.”

 

“Ahh, chincha?  Call me oppa then.  I haven’t been called that in a long time,” Youngbae said while eyesmiling.

 

“Araso…oppa.”  He smiled even more, his eyes not being visible.  So cute and handsome.  “O-oppa?”

 

“Neh?”

 

“Call me Yul.  If you want to, I mean.”

 

“Araso.  Yul.”

 

*****

 

Our friendship continued to grow from that point on, to where we would spend all the free time we had in each other’s company.  We had so many things in common, from loving to sing and dance, as well as playing sports.  We also had a shared dream: to become famous, somehow, someway. 

 

Due to our love of music, we thought that becoming an idol would probably be the best way to achieve our dreams, despite the tough process to become idols.  While we both liked singing, Youngbae oppa also started to get interested in Hip-hop music and rapping.

 

Oh and another thing. 

 

I developed a huge crush on oppa, but it seemed like he didn’t notice.

 

*****

 

One day, when I was a ninth grader in middle school, oppa gave me some news.

 

Both good and bad.

 

The good news was that his omma finally let him decide to become a trainee for YG entertainment, and I was legitimately happy for him.  Almost screaming cheers of joy.  Until he said that he was leaving the next day for Seoul.

 

What.  The.  Heck.

 

He said that he had to get to Seoul as soon as possible because the sajangnim of YG requested it to start his training with some other boys quickly.  While I understood the circumstances, all I could think about it was why was it so soon.  I wanted to confess right that moment, but I also wanted to let him go and work for his dream.

 

Our dream.

 

As he prepared for his departure, he promised to keep in touch while he trained in Seoul. 

 

[END FLASHBACK]

 

A promise that he hasn’t kept for the last three years.

 

 

His omma relays some information of his activities to me, but it’s not the same as hearing the voice of the boy who you’ve loved and missed for a long time.

 

That’s the reason I’m uninterested.  I’m too busy thinking about him.

 

 

“Yah.  Yah!  Yul!  Hello?!”

 

I broke out of my thoughts to see Yoona waving her hands in front of my face.  I took hold of her hands to keep them still.  “What?!”

 

“You tell me!  You’ve been spacing out the past few minutes!”

 

“Yoona, Yuri!  Quiet down,”  The teacher scolded us.

 

“Look at you made her do,” Yoona whispered, as I stuck my tongue out to her.

 

As the teacher started to talk again, I turned away and stared out the window towards some clouds.  “As I was saying, before we end class today, I would like to introduce two new students.  Boys, come in now,” the teacher explained.

 

Yoona said, “Omo!  Hopefully they’re cute boys!”  She tried grabbing one of my hands in her excitement but I just waved her off.  “Omo, they’re cute and hot!”

 

I'll just take her word for it.

 

The first boy said, “Annyeonghaesaeyo, Kwon Jiyong immida.”

 

Same surname?  Huh, maybe we could make some sort of Kwon-line.

 

The other announced himself as well.

 

“Annyeonghaesaeyo, Dong Youngbae immida.”

 

Dong…Youngbae.  Youngbae oppa?!  I turned to look towards the boys and couldn’t believe my eyes.

 

That eyesmile is easily recognizable!  It's him!  The boy I’ve loved and been missing for three, long years! 

 

He’s back!

 


So....first chapter of hopefully many.  I'm not entirely sure how often I'll update, since I'll most likely come up with ideas at varying times, in addition to writing oneshots in a request shop and college work as well.  However, I will do my best to regularly update :D

Anyways, feel free to comment, vote, and subscribe :)