Lunch Tables.

She Saved Me
The day went by like a tornado, everything was just a giant blur. By the time it was lunch, I was still not only completely clueless as to what was going on, I was also, undeniably friendless. I couldn't blame anyone though, I was a rather awkward person. 
 
I sighed as I thought about what lunch would be like, with no one to sit with, no one to talk to. Even thinking about ordering food made me nervous. I reluctantly made my way to the cafeteria, hoping that I had gotten there early so that no one would so much as look at me. 
 
An arm stretched across my shoulder which made me shiver in shock and fear. "Hey relax," A reassuring voice came along with a chuckle. I turned in relief to find that it was just Amber, and not some beefy jock who came pick on the new kid. "So how was your first day?" Amber questioned after she noticed my shoulders relax and give way to her arm that hung over it. 
 
I starred at my feet, I would have immediately replied 'Horrible', but what would she think of me then? What if she really loved the school and would be absolutely appalled by my honest answer? But it was my honest answer, the whole day seemed to be a nightmare for me. 
 
Everywhere I looked, everywhere I went, there just seemed to be something missing, I felt so alone here. Everyone looked past you as if you were nothing but a mere shadow. Even in my confusion, no one offered to help, I seemed to be so out of place here.
 
Amber must've noticed my reaction to her question as she replied with a simple "Horrible, huh?" She looked towards me pitifully as I nodded my head in disgust. "I'm sorry," she said in a apologetic tone as she patted my shoulder in a comforting way. "But don't worry," I looked to her to find her smiling. "I'll be your friend," she gleamed, which made me want to laugh.
 
She looked so adorable, it was as if she was a little kid who just found a box of candy. I couldn't contain myself, and bursted out loud with laughter at her smile. She started to chuckle a little, surprisingly. She didn't seem put down by my sudden out burst of laughter. Instead, she laughed with me.
 
"Hey, just sit right here, I'll go get our lunches," she smiled at me as she left me to sit in the middle of the cafeteria, alone. Panic quickly struck through me as I was left with a cafeteria full of people starring at me in disgust. I attempted to use the palm of my hand to block my face as I contemplated leaving. 
 
"Hey!" A voice of rage snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked up to find a girl with mesmerisingly  long hair and a body of dynamite. "Do you have any idea where you're sitting, new kid?" She spat at me, emphasising her last two words. This was exactly what I had feared, I never wanted to get on the wrong side of anyone. Entering a new school meant new rules, some rules which weren't in the student manual. I shook my head and starred at my palms in defeat. I was just about to stand up and leave when a voice calmed me down.
 
"Hey, calm down Krystal, I invited her," Amber spoke as she placed two trays filled with food onto our table. "The new kid?" The person whom I assumed to be Krystal spoke in disbelief, raising an eyebrow at Amber. "Yeah, I did, she needed a friend, so I volunteered," Amber sat across from me and smiled, pretending as if she didn't notice the tension that shot between Krystal and I. Krystal huffed as she sat next to Amber, starring at me intently, almost as if she was analysing me.
 
"Hey, new kid!" I turned to find Jack standing over us and turning to sit next to me. "Whoa," he starred at Krystal while biting onto his apple. "What's going on between you two?" He asked as he pointed back and fourth between Krystal and I. "Nothing," Krystal's tone of voice suddenly changed as she presented a cute smile. "But Jack, may I speak to you for a second?" She continued to put on a cute girl act as I watched her and Jack walk away.
 
"Sorry about that," Amber nervously laughed. "Krystal doesn't like people she sees as a threat," A treat? How was I a treat? I was an awkward, shy human being who would be that last on anyone's list that would be marked as 'threat.' "Well, she has a crush on me. And you're a girl, which automatically makes you a threat," Amber replied my questions, on cue, after sensing my confusion.
 
"So you're a…" I couldn't finish my sentence, what if she found it offensive for me to call her a lesbian? "Yes, essentially, I am," she smiled as she chowed down her food. "And do you like her back?" The question just poured out of me, for some reason, I just had to know. "Krystal?" For a second, she seemed to really be lost in her thoughts, as if she was really contemplating my question. "I don't know, I don't think so. But I've never wanted to hurt her feelings so, I've never really talked to anyone about it," I smiled, for once I felt safe. After Amber opened up to me about who she was, it seemed like maybe, I really could make a friend in this forsaken place.
 
I smiled and began to eat my own food, for once, feeling a little bit better.
 
 
A/N: Hey you guise. So, this was my next chapter. Again, wasn't THAT great, but I promise, I shall improve. I am a horrible author, I have no idea how to write these "end of the story author notes". But thank you to Kashewbeans for commenting, you have really no idea how much that meant to me. It put a smile right onto my face. So thank you so very much! And to all those who subscribed to my hardly well written story, thank you. It really made my day to see that people actually liked what I wrote. Love you guys xx