Gentle Touches.

She Saved Me

After an enitre class of Krystal volunteering me up for whatever demonstration possible, embarassing or not, I was more than relieved to hear the bell ring and to watch the horde of people rush out of the class. I sighed as I picked up my books and slowly made my way to the door, attempting not to block anyones path. "Hey you two," a cheerful voice spoke and nevertheless, Amber had emerged. "Hey," I just managed to mumble, starring at my feet. Just as Amber was about to ask what was wrong, Krystal pounced into action. "Hey Amber, how was class?" She spoke with a fake voice as she wrapped her hands around Ambers arm. "Well, it was fine, I guess," Amber replied as she looked down at her. "Ready for luch?" She lifted her head to meet my eyes and I nodded as a response. 

I walked alongst a never ending hallway, constantly turning to find Krystal practically tied to Amber. I've never seen her smile so much in my life. In fact, I've never seen her take her glare off of me till today. "Amber, you were right, Ruth is amazing," I heard Krystal speak as I shot my head in her direction in suprise. "We've made such fast friends, we're practically besties now," Krystals eyes blinked rapidly. Besties? Ugh. "See? I told you so," I watched Amber wink as Krystal blushed. I felt a jolt on my throat as a barf approached my mouth. However, I kept my puke all to myself as I pretended to ignore both Krystal and Amber as I made my way to the cafeteria.

"Wait here Amber, me and Ruth will get our lunches," Krystal said as she turned to smile deviously at me. Before I could protest, she grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the lunch line. "Alright, heres how it's gonna go," she said as she released my hand with a swing, barely missing my bruise. "Me and you, we're going to be best friends from now on. Well, at least in front of Amber we are," Krystal spoke with triumph, feeling as if she had control over me. But what power did she have? I was a friend of Ambers just as much as she was. "And what makes you think I'll be alright with that?" I shot back at her, only to recieve a mocking laugh. "You think you can pull the shots?" Krystals laugh turned into a demonic stare. "Remember them?" She pointed toward two jocks who sat in the corner of the cafeteria, the boys who had beat me up. I trembled in fear, remembering every agnoising punch that I lived through. "They're friends of mine," Krystal whispered in my ear as my head jerked back to face hers, causing her to back away. "Besides, you've been Ambers friend for a day, I've been hers for nine years. Who do you think she's going to trust more? The girl she just met, or the girl she knows everything about? Don't want to loose the only friend you have, do you?" A taunting smirk displayed itself over Krystals face. She was right, she had all power over me. It was foolish of me to believe that I could possibly fight back against Krystal, simply foolish. I nodded my head in defeat as a smile triumphed over her face. "Good, now take these lunches and sit with me, bestie," she forcfully shoved the trays towards my chest, causing me to stumble backwards. Obligingly, I took the trays and followed after her.

"Back already?" Amber winked as she yanked a fry out of my tray and chuckled. "Yes, we're back," Krystal giggled, completely different from the Krystal she had shown me two seconds earlier. I was taking it all in, the undeniable fact that Krystal had Ambers trust and I was left to gain it. The fact that I would have to face Krystal every day. Uncontrolable when it came to me, but polite and pleasant in front of Amber. The thought of my luck changing had soon left my thoughts as I picked up a fry to graze my mouth. "Gosh!" Krystal yelled as she yanked my arm, directly on my bruise to pull me towards her, I screeched. I shot my eyes open when the pain had ceased to find the space next to me, covered in hot, melting, cheese. I looked up to find the two jocks, the two boys that had caused the bruise on my arm, laughing. "Missed you this time, newbie," They continued to chucke as they walked off. I turned to find Amber, ready to pounce after them. I had never seen her like this, eyes alert and angry, fists clenched with veins pulsing, and her face hot and red with boiling anger. Right before she was able to take a step forward, I reached out my hand to grab her arm. "It's alright," I whispered. I watched as her eyes instantly soften and her fists come unclenched, as she let out a soft smile. 

"Thank God I grabbed you! That cheese would have taken days to get out of your hair!" Krystal said with a shocked voice, but piercing eyes. Had she done this intentionally? To set fire to a lit match? I glared at her, she had gone too far this time. Apparently following her rules hadn't pleased her enough. I was about to yell at her in complete outrage when a gentle touch reached my arm. I turned to find the softness to her eyes and a twist to her lips, as Amber slowly rolled up my sleeve. I turned down to face my bruise, it was far worse than it was yesterday, a lot bigger and far more darker. "Let's get you to the nurse," Amber smiled at me reassuringly as her gentle hands made her way up to my shoulers, escorting me gently. I turned to face Krystals glare one more time, this was my form of pay back.

 

A/N: Gah, it's so short and I feel so bad about ending it off here. But, please understand, my father's back in town and I could only squeeze so much into the time I have left. So please bare with me! Expect and update (or two) tomorrow! Hopefully, they will be a lot longer than this one. Have a pleasnt day! xx