Eyes are the Gateway to the Soul.

She Saved Me

I breathed in the air of a new day, glad that the nightmares had taken leave for the past night, filling me with a night of peaceful sleep. I sighed as I glanced at the clock, 6.15AM, early as usual. I sat in bed for a while, sitting up and yawning, remembering the previous evening. Unknowingly, I smiled to myself in content of the ious nights events. After the hug that had sent tingles up my spine sadly ended, we continued walking, for hours, just talking. She told me about her family and how she would like to have kids someday. I opened up about my social anxiety, and we just spent the rest of the evening laughing along to embarrassing stories that the each of us have had.

I got ready early for school, for once actually being excited about the fact that I had a new found friend, not just any friend, Amber was my friend. Amber, the popular kid who could be friends with anyone she wanted. Amber, the girl who got a hot shot like Krystal to fall in love with her. And Amber, the warm-hearted person who actually genuinely cared for people. That person, Amber, was my friend. I prayed a silent prayer to God, thanking him for the hope that my history of bad luck might suddenly spring fourth something genuine, something good.

I sighed in relief as I made my way down the stair case, over to the kitchen, where the warm smell of freshly baked bread filled the aroma of the room. I stood there, in the hallway for a second, breathing in the lovely scent. "Morning sweetheart!" My aunt smilled with an apron wrapped around her, along with oven mitted to pull out the bread safely from the oven. "Morning," I smiled, a genuine smile. "How was it last night?" My aunt said with a little smirk prying on her lips. "It was alright," I lied, it was amazing. "I think I actually may have made a friend," I trailed off on my last few words, starring at my feet shyly. Spreading good news had been something I was unfamiliar with, and even though it was my aunt, my cheeks flustered a hot red. "On the first day?! Why that's wonderful! Here, have a slice of bread," I grabbed a knife and sliced a thick peice of bread and scoffed it down. "Alright, I'll be waiting in the car for you," my aunt smiled at me as if she was witnessing a baby, kissed me on the cheek, and left.

I breathed in a heavy breath, got my back pack, and made my way to the car. The smell of fresh air hit me the moment I had stepped outdoors, and a smile plastered itself onto my face. A brand new day, a brand new life. I had decided then and there that my past couldn't haunt me any further, I was stronger than that. The moment the school came into view, I felt my heart pound. Not out of fear, but out of excitement. I wondered if I could experience school the way actors did in movies, where they would have friends and have such a wonderful time. 

I jerked open the car door the moment it came to a stop, I mumbled a goodby and strutted my way to the school gate. I noticed something different about the way I walked, noticing that I no longer looked down to my feet to avoid peoples gazes, I stood up tall, and marched forward with confidence. It was funny how much a single friend had affected me, but this wasn't just a friend, it was Amber. "Hey hot shot," I hear a familiar voice call me as I turned to face the woman in question, Amber. "Got home safe?" She spoke with her signature smirk and moved on to walk beside me. "Yeah, I got home all right," I starred down to my feet, loosing all confidence whenever she was in my presence. Not necessarily being scared of her, but I certianly was shy to be around her. "You got Biology today don't you?" Amber mumbled in a monotonous tone, only to recieve a nod as a respone. "Well, then I guess I'll catch you at lunch. Bye princess," she gave me a final smirk and waved. I wondered why she would use the term 'Princess'. But I supposed she used it for everyone, since I remembered her calling Krystal that once. 

I stopped at the door to my biology class, a anger held its presence in this room. Nevertheless, I turned to find Krystal, staring at me with her usual peircing eyes. "Hey, new kid, sit her," Krystal spoke to pull out a chair next to her. I had thought of running, begging or just simply saying 'no'. But, of course, being the person that I am, I had thought that she and I could have a slight possiblity of being friends. I supposed that all I had to do was to say that I had no interest in Amber and hence fourth, was not a threat at all. I smiled slightly to myself, attempting to look presentable to bask in Krystals presence, and made my way over to the streched out chair. 

"Hey um Krystal?" I began to speak, only to be looked at with pure demise. I figured that in order to end this, all I had to do was to state that I had no intention of pursuing Amber. "Yknow, you can have Amber?" I chuckled nervously, again, being looked at as if I was out of my mind. "I, err, am not interested," I tried to lighten the mood by letting out an awkward laugh. Krystal starred at me, letting the fires of hell bathe down on me. "Listen, ," she leaned in, scaring me half to death. "Clearly, you don't have good taste in any human being at all, but Amber does. Even if you didn't like her, who's stopping her from liking you?" She backed away, clearly controlling her fist which she had thought of throwing in the direction of my face. I gulped deeply and starred at the whiteboard, making a note to never speak to Krystal about Amber again.

 

A/N: SHORT! Yes, I know, but I'm trying to update this story everyday from now on so excuse me if the chapters are slightly short. Thank you to all those new subscribers out there! I really appericiate you reading my story. Love you all! xx