Smirked.

She Saved Me

I walked into the foreign hallways of Jackson High as I attempted to ignore the glares and whispers that followed. Failing, obviously, as I felt my brain go numb and the school halls silence. Before I came to the conclusion that I was now deaf, a loud gulp cleared the air, and noise returned to my senses. I watched my shivering hands reach in my bag to find my iPod. I plugged in my earphones and turned the music on as loud as it could have possibly gone. I attempted to block out everything, the people, the noise, the glares, especially the glares. I wanted to paint each and every individual out of my thoughts.

I starred at my feet, with my shaking hands holding my time table for the day. I smiled to myself to find that English was my first subject. I galloped to the doors of my first class in my new school, with my expectations held high. Only for them to be shattered before my eyes.

 

Monsters, that's the only word that could possibly have described them. Either that, or bafoons. Like animals from the zoo, they rampaged on the weak and fought to overthrow the mighty. I was definitely going to fit in, not. 'Alright Ruth, just take a deep breath' I thought to myself as I entered the classroom filled with wild savages. My calming technique had clearly failed as even my vision grew blurry from all the nervous shaking.

 

"Class!" a loud voice decended upon the class as the room filled with silence, like a rainbow after a storm. I turned around to see bold red lips, accompanied with piercing eyes, which seemed to calm at the sight of my quivering face. "Oh, you must be Johanna," she smiled cheerfully at me. "Class, we have a new student today," her voice of dominance returned as she spoke to the entire class. "Introduce yourself," she whispered to me as she nudged me forward.

 

"I, erm..." I wasn't ready for a introduction, I hadn't prepared or anything. I was so uncontrollably nervous, stage fright had crippled me. "Uh," I attempted to voice out words, but none had came. I was so afraid, so embarrassed that I could almost feel tears forming around my eyes. "Sorry? I erm, c-couldn't catch t-that?" A classmate mocked me as the class bursted out into laugher. I continued to stare at my feet, feeling a tear graze my shoes. Once I felt like my face had calmed down, I looked up.

Everyone was mocking, teasing, laughing, except for her. All the way at the back of the class, sat a girl with a short hair cut, and a varsity jacket. She surprisingly, wasn't laughing. Even with her friends taunting her to join in with the amusement, there she sat, with nothing but a smirk across her face.

 

"Class!" The noise finally left my eardrums, with only a silent ringing to replace it's place. "I do not expect you to treat a new student like this!" The supposed teacher of the class spoke up once again, asserting dominance to her now, tamed class. "Mr. Percy!" She called as a boy shot up from his seat, the boy who mocked me. "Follow me to the principals office!" I watched as both the leader and the tormentor left the classroom.

 

I watched as everyone looked at me, waiting for something. "I'm Ruth," I managed to mumble out. "Ruth!" someone called from the back of the class. "Come sit with us!" I followed the voice to find what some might consider to be a rather attractive gentleman.

 

He tapped on the seat in front of him, suggesting that that was my seat. I sat as he began to introduce himself. "Hey , I'm Jack, that's Amber," he pointed to the woman sitting next to him, the woman which didn't laugh . She looked at me again with the same smirk she wore earlier. " And that's Peter," he pointed to the man sitting next to me. "Hi," I said as I gave a shy wave to everyone.

"Not much of a talker huh?" Amber spoke from behind me. "Don't worry, we'll fix that," she smirked as a gleam lit through her eyes.

A/N: Sorry guys! Definately wasn't as long as I had intended for it to be. But I promise, pinky promise that I'll get better at length and writing! So if you haven't already guess Ruth is sort of a sub-name for you. Meaning, Ruth can be whomever you want it to be, even you! So let your imagination run free. Have a wonderful day everyone! x