The Wedding

So This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Right now, I'm standing in front of a big mirror. I watch my reflection carefully and smoothes my wedding dress. Somehow I can't believe that the girl in the mirror is me. I hold my face in my hands. I have never used this much of make up before. The most I have ever wore were only eyeliner and lipgloss.

 

My father approaches me. "Are you ready?" He asks and extends his arm as a sign for me to link my arm with his. Today will be the day, I will be no longer under my parents' control. The day I will become someone's wife, someone whom I don't even meet yet. A guy whom I don't even know. I had only met his mother when I was choosing my wedding dress



and heels



 and now I'm used to call her 'ma'. It was her wish for me to call her 'ma'. I'm grateful that my future mother-in-law is very kind to me unlike those mother-in-laws on the TVs.

 

I wrap my right hand around my father's arm while my left hand holds a bouquet of beautiful white flowers. I nod to him as a sign of yes.We both walk to the hall and stand in front of the entrance door. I let out my nervous breath shakily. What if my husband is ugly? What if he's a bad guy? Ughh! I can't help but to think of these possibilities. My father sees that I'm nervous as hell and pats my hand to calm me down. 

 

The piano is played as we walk up the aisle. There are even camera flashes from the few medias that the Lu family invited. I can see my bestfriend together with my family members smiling sweetly at me (except for my y sister, of course). With a fake smile on my face, I walk carefully as I'm afraid that I might fall and embarrass myself in front of these people. I don't even look at my future husband's face yet and just focus my eyes on the floor.

 

I don't even realise that I'm already standing in front of my future husband at the altar. My father turns me to face him and kiss my forehead. Then, my father pulls out my hand and passes it to this guy whom I'm going to marry. I feel a jolted of electricity in my body. I still can't face this guy. I feel so deadly nervous right now. "Please take care of her, Luhan". Yes, his name is Luhan. Seriously, what kind of name is that. I've never heard that kind of name in Korea before.

 

We both turn to the preacher. Now he is busy reciting the marriage vow while my mind is wandering thinking about how is this guy gonna look like, how would my life be with this guy. I really have the urge to look at him, but I really don't have the courage. Plus I'm really shy to take a look at a stranger. 

 

I snap back to the reality when I hear he says 'I do'. So he has already accepted it? Does he really want this marriage to happen? Why didn't he just run away or something? Ugh!

 

It's my turn now. "I..I- I do." Aish! Why am I stuttering? Idiot!

"Now I announce you as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.

" My eyes become as big as saucers when I hear the last sentence. Wh-what?! Kiss?! No way! Tell me, if you're asked to kiss a stranger, do you want to do it? No, right? Well, I don't want to do it too.

 

Suddenly I feel someone holding my waist to turn me to face him. He slowly lifts the veil to reveal my pretty face. My e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter