Daily Life

So This Is Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The large glowing sphere rose slowly into the dull morning sky. Casting sunbeams in every direction while it illuminates the town. The glass panes shine as the colours made by the rising sun changes, growing more vivid with the passing time. Making the sky more radiant as it climbs higher and higher into the sky. But as beautiful as the morning is she knew today would be a horrible day.

 

She has an insomnia as she is stressed with the mountain-like assingments and not to mention, the whole life of hers. Every night, she has to struggle to fall asleep no matter how tired she is. Every night, she must have pills going down , the sleeping pills. Her sleep depends on the sleeping pills. Why can't she just fall asleep naturally like other people? Everyone else also feel stressed, depressed and tired. But how can they just fall asleep naturally? Her body feels so weak. But her eyes betray her. 

 

It has been a year since she has an insomnia. Until now, she still can't treat and cure her insomnia. Will there ever be a day where she will fall asleep without swallowing those sleeping pills?

 

She rarely gets enough sleep. Everyone can see dark circles under her eyes. She feels very jealous with other people because they don't need to live like her in this hell house.But once she falls asleep, she barely ever wakes up by her own. There is always someone who needs to do something to her to wake her up from her 'beauty sleep'.

 

Now, she is still laying on her bed. The clock shows that the time is already 7.00 o'clock. Her class is starting at 8.00 in the morning. It takes her 20 minutes to go to the university from her house. Not to mention the road in the morning must be jammed as the adults need to go to work and also send their children to school.  

            

Her mother comes bursting into her room. She becomes furious when she sees her eldest daughter still sleeping on the bed. She goes into the bathroom and grabs a pile under the sink. She fills the pile with cold water. Once it is full, she carries the heavy pile and throws the cold water into her daughter's face.

 

She jerks up and wipes her face with her bare hand and said "Ahhhh! Rain! Omma, it's raining! I need to get the clothes at the outside before it gets wet!". That's the typical her. She can't feel any 'rain' drops falling on her anymore. Her hands roaming around on the bed sheet. She realised that she's on her bed. She rubs her eyes and clearly sees her mother holding a pile with water still filling the half of it.  "Again?" she sighs and grabs her towel and goes to her bathroom. "I'm kind enough to throw you a clean water instead of log water." her mother nags and throws her a playfull smirk.
 

She lives with her parents and a younger sister. She has the gap of only one year with her younger sister, Hana. But you know what? They never sit together like other siblings would do. The other siblings are always like playing, joking, gossiping and sometimes bicker with each other. But they? NEVER! She once wished  to do those things with her sister at least for once. But, nobody hears that. They became distant with each other. Her sister always rolls her eyes whenever she sees her. They will only talk to each other when that brat asks her to do some errands or to help her. WTF?

 

She feels lack of love. Her parents too, never really show their love towards her. She rarely goes out with her parents like other people do. Sometimes she wonders, are they really her biological parents? But whenever that thought comes across her mind, she quickly push it away and erase that thought. How can she doubt her parents who have raised her since she was little.     She also doesn't really have any good childhood memory. She had always spent her time in her room and studying. After finish studying, she helped the maid to do the house chores while her sister would always happily playing barbie dolls with her friends. Unlike her who always played with brooms and dust. So pathetic.

After she's done with dressing, she grabs her handbag and rushes to downstairs. Because of her clumsiness, she trips on the last stair. Thank God, it's only the last stair. Her mother and her sister laugh and mock her. She gets up and fixes her dress.
 
"Yah! Today, you are going to your class by bus. I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter