Chapter 8 - When Love finally finds its way

Perfect Life 2 : Where My Heart Belongs

Chapter 8

Ryosuke’s POV

I stared blankly at my hand. I can’t believe that I slapped Fujiko a while ago.

I sighed.

What if Mirai saw that? Mouu! I don’t know what to do.

A few minutes later my phone suddenly vibrated.

“Hello?”

“RYOSUKE?!”

“Oh, Haru-chan –“

“MIRAI COLLAPSED! YOU SHOULD GET BACK HERE!”

“WHAT?! What happened? I—“

“JUST GET YOUR OUT OF THERE AND BE BACK HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!” with this she hung up.

I don’t know what’s exactly was going on, but I suddenly felt nervous. I immediately went to my room and fixed my things. I’ll just text the director for my sudden leave.

It’s already 11pm and I don’t know if I can catch up with the flight back to Tokyo.

God! Please help Mirai.

I said as I keep on praying for her health.

End of POV

--

“Haru-chan!” Yuto exclaimed when he saw her sitting outside the emergency room.

“Yuto-kun.” She suddenly exclaimed and threw herself to him.

“What happened?”

“She suddenly collapsed upon seeing this.” Haruna said handed Mirai’s phone to him.

“WHAT THE HECK IS RYOSUKE DOING?! While her wife is in critical condition how dare he—“

“Relax Yuto-kun, I already phoned him.”

Yuto sighed and held Haruna’s hand firmly.

“I hope she will be alright.” Yuto said.

Haruna smiled. “She will. After this, I’m sure, Ryosuke must prepared for her wrath.”

Yuto laughed.

“Yeah.”

--

It’s almost 7 am in the morning when Ryosuke finally arrived at the hospital.

He immediately dashed off to the room that Haruna send to him.

He immediately opened the door and saw Kamiki sleeping besides Mirai’s bed. He was holding her right hand. Ryosuke felt jealous upon seeing that scene. At the other side of the room, Yuto and Haruna were sleeping at the couch.

He suddenly has the urged to go to her side, cupped her face and kissed her lips for he really missed her so much. But he refrain himself upon doing that, not infront of Kamiki.

He just went to other side and sat down at the empty chair. He gently caressed her cheeks and planted a small kiss on her forehead.

He saw Mirai slowly opened her eyes.

“Mi-chan?” he softly said to her.

“R-Ryo-chan?” she said in a weak voice. “Y-You’re back.”

“Shhh, you need to rest. Don’t worry I’m here.” Ryosuke sweetly said and gave her a quick kiss.

Mirai tried to lift her hand. She really wanted to touch her husband’s face, but Kamiki was holding her right hand.

“G-Gomen.”

Ryosuke shook his head. “Its okay.”

Kamiki suddenly moved and woke up.

“Ohayo Mi-chan. How are you?” Kamiki asked.

“I’m okay. Just a bit dizzy.” She said.

Miki’s gaze went to Ryosuke.

“Oh, you’re finally here. I do hope that you’ll stay for good.” He coldly said.

“Sorry for the trouble and thank you for helping my wife.” Ryosuke said and bowed his head.

“You’re wife’s condition is something you should focus on. Well I let her to personally say her real condition to you. I leave the two of you.” He said and went out of the room.

“What is he talking about?” he asked Mirai.

Before Mirai could answer, a hard punch hits Ryosuke’s face.

“ITAI! What the—“

“I told you before right? DON’T HURT MIRAI’S FEELINGS!” Yuto angrily said. Ryosuke was surprise because Yuto and Haruna were also waked up.

Haruna tried to stop Yuto.

“What are you talking about – Chotto, don’t tell me you saw that photo?” Ryosuke exchanged looks to Mirai, Yuto and Haruna.

“Yes—“

“Yu-chan, Haru-chan, can you leave us for a while?” Mirai cut Yuto.

“But—“ (Haruna)

“Im fine Haru-chan, after all we really need to talk.” Mirai said.

Haruna and Yuto went out of the room.

Silence filled the room.

“Anou Mi-chan, gomen , but that photo is –“

“I’m pregnant.” Mirai said in a low voice.

“W-What? Wait , what did you say? Y-You’re pregnant?”

She nodded.

“I know you don’t want this, but I want to raise the child. Our child.” She said then bit her lips. She doesn’t know why all negative thoughts were coming now. The fear of Ryosuke will get mad at her and everything.

“Who said I don’t want our baby?” he said then hugged her. “I really want to have a child, and you did a great job Mi-chan. Honto ni Arigato.” He said then planted small kisses on her hair.

But Mirai suddenly pushed Ryosuke away.

“Why Mi-chan?”

“You’re a liar. What’s with you and Fujiko?”

Ryosuke sighed. Here she goes again. The moody part of her.

“Its nothing. I-It’s a part of our scene. I’m really sorry. I should have listened to you.” He said and tried to convince his wife.

Mirai just sighed.

“Good thing Im not in the condition to argue with you Yamada Ryosuke, but when you did that again, I will definitely DIVORCED you.”

Ryosuke grinned.

“Are you sure YAMADA MIRAI? I know you’re not gonna live without me.”

“Then try me.” Mirai smirked.

In a second, Ryosuke lowered his head and meet Mirai’s lips.

Mirai smiled and responded her husband’s kisses.

“I really miss you Mi-chan.” Ryosuke said as their lips parted.

“I miss you too. You’re back now. Ureshii.” Mirai said and cupped RYosuke’s face with her hand.

A knock interrupted them.

“Yamada-san, the doctor is here to talk to you.” A nurse said then entered the room with Kamiki’s aunt.

“AH!” Mirai exclaimed when she saw her.
“Konnichiwa Mi-chan, how are you?” she asked.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m also a doctor here. Aside from our clinic” she smiled.

A few minutes , Kamiki , Yuto and Haruna went inside their room.

“So Mi-chan, Im sure I already said to you before right? Don’t stress yourself too much. You’re pregnancy is in high risk. Plus, you had asthma, though it is not that easy to trigger. It’s just that shortness in breathing is normal for pregnant women.” Kamiki’s aunt explained.

“Hai. Gomen nasai.” Mirai said and bowed as an apology.

“But it’s a good thing that your husband was already here to watch you.” Miki’s aunt said and looked at Ryosuke.

“Arigato for taking care of Mirai.” Ryosuke said and bowed.

“yeah you should be thankful to us.” Kamiki sarcastically said.

Ryosuke just sharply stared at him.

“I’ll tell you your condition right now. I will really advice you to take a leave from work. Complete bedrest is a MUST. You’re on your 3rd month of pregnancy. Sad to say, you’re very much prone to miscarriage.” Miki’s aunt explained.

“W-What? B-but the baby is okay right?” Mirai asked.

Ryosuke firmly held her hand.

“Yes. But I warned you. No physical and emotional stress. You will be experiencing shortness in breath, but it has nothing to do with your asthma, though it could be a trigger. Be more extra careful okay?”

“Hai.” Mirai said and felt her tummy.

I need to go. Miki, follow me.” Miki’s aunt said

When they were gone, Haruna and Yuto also bid their goodbye to Ryosuke and Mirai.

“Take care of Mi-chan okay?” Yuto said to Ryosuke.

“Hai. Arigato Yuto, Haru-chan.”

Then the two of them went out of Mirai’s room.

“And now, we’re all alone,” Ryosuke said and smirked.

“I don’t like that smile of yours.”

“You don’t like twins?”

“RYOSUKE! YOU !” Mirai said and hit Ryosuke with a pillow.

Ryosuke just laughed and sat beside his wife. He pulled her to himself, allowing Mirai’s head to rest on his shoulder. He placed his hand on her tummy, trying to feel the little presence growing inside it.

“Mi-chan?”

“hmm?”

“I’ll protect you and our baby no matter what.” He said.

“Hai. I’ll do my best Ryo-chan.” she said and kissed her husband.

Ryosuke smiled and responded his wife’s kisses.

--

“Thanks for the ride. You better rest.” Haruna said before she went out of Yuto’s car, but Yuto grabbed her arm. “Nani?”

He smiled and leaned forward to give Haruna a quick kiss.

“Why did you do that?” Haruna blushed.

Yuto smiled and pulled her into a hug.

“Couples do that right?”

“Why ? Are we already a couple?”

Yuto smirked.

“We already kissed before right, for how many times.”

Haruna’s face turned red.

“Y-You’re the one who kissed me. I-I—“

She was cut off again by Yuto’s lips.

“I know you wanted me to ask if you could be my girlfriend.” Yuto said and met Haruna’s eyes. “Now, I’ll ask you, Kawaguchi Haruna, can you be my girlfriend?”

Haruna chuckled.

“You already kissed me a number of times and now you’ll ask me if I could be your girlfriend. Geez Nakajima Yuto… of course! I would love to be your girlfriend.” Haruna said and smiled.

Yuto once again hugged her tight.

“Rest now, I’ll call you tomorrow.” He said and released her.

Haruna nodded and went out of his car.

He waited until she finally went inside her apartment before he drove off.

--

“Tadaima.” Haruna said when she opened her door and went inside her apartment.

“Okaeri!”

Haruna was surprised when Sota popped out from her kitchen.

“W-What are you doing here?!”

Sota smiled as he put the plates on the table.

“Preparing breakfast for you.”

“W-What ? Wait I didn’t said –“

“I was here last night. Waiting for you.” He seriously said.

“Eh? But I—“

“Are you with him?”

“W-with who?”

“Yuto.”

Haruna looked at him. He had this sad emotion on his eyes.

She felt guilty, but she can’t lie to him.

She just nodded.

Sota smiled bitterly.

She was surprised when he suddenly hugged her.

“I will be here for you Haru-chan, if Yuto will make you cry, I will surely give him a straight punch on his face.” He said.

“Gomen ne Sota, I—“

“Shh, no need to worry about me. But I will not give up on you.” He said as he tightened his hug on her.

Haruna sadly smiled. ‘Gomen ne Sota,I knew I’ve hurt you.’

Sota released her.

“Let’s eat I’ve cooked for you.” He said and pulled the chair for Haruna.

Haruna just nodded and starts to dig in Sota’s food.

--

Weeks had passed; Haruna and Yuto were now officially dating each other, though it was not announced in the public.

The filming for their drama was already at its end.

Still Haruna were annoyed when Riho was around with Yuto. She cant help but to feel jealous.

They had their last filming today. The only left scene was the wedding between Yuto’s character and Riho’s character.

“Douano?” Yuto asked and hugged her from behind, placing his chin on her shoulder.

“Eh? Nande?”

“You’re quiet today. Is there something wrong?”

She shook her head. “Betsuni.”

He hugged her tight. “I know you’re thinking something. What is it?”

She sighed.
 

“Its just , I cant take to watch you and Riho get married on the final scene.”

He laughed and faced her.

“Are you jealous?”

She frowned. “Do I have to?”

He patted her head. “You don’t need to get jealous. Its just a scene.”

“But you’ll gonna kiss her.”

Yuto smiled.

“Ahh, I get it haha.” He said and sweetly kissed her.”Don’t get jealous okay?”

She nodded.

“Yuto ! Riho ! Its your scene!” Director Nagata shouted.

Everyone gather at their respective position. I sat at the aisle, even though I don’t want to. They will go to shoot the wedding ceremony.

The shoot went smoothly. They managed to shoot the scene once.

“The final scene will be the kiss. Get ready minna.” Director Nagata announced and the rest of the casts and staffs focused on the final scene.

Haruna was pretty nervous. She must act that she must be okay with it.

‘Its just a scene Haruna.’ She repeatedly said on her mind.

She looked at them. She was surprised to see Riho looking at her. Riho smirked.

I don’t like that smile of hers.

“READY, 3 … 2… 1… ACTION!”

When the actor priest heard the cue, he looked at Yuto and Riho.

“You may now kissed the bride.” He said.

Haruna tried to stay calm as Yuto’s face went near Riho’s face.

Yuto finally kissed Riho.

Haruna wished to already end the scene but Director Nagata didn’t stop it for almost a minute.

She felt that it’s the worst 1 minute of her life.

“Let’s take one more.” Director said.

“What?!” I exclaimed.

“What’s the problem Haruna-chan?” the director said. all the staffs and casts were looking up on me.

Yuto just smiled and shook his head.

Daijoubu. He mouthed.

She shook her head to the Director. “None.”

“Okay lets continue.” The director said and they continue to shoot that scene for many times.

--

When the shoot finally ended, the whole production team decided to have a dinner together to celebrate the crank up of the drama.

“I’ll pass Director, Im not feeling well.” Haruna said to Director Nagata.

“But you’re the main—“

“Sorry director. Thank you for everything. It’s a pleasure to work with you.” Haruna said and bowed.

Director Nagata smiled.

“I know what you are feeling right now. But just a piece of advice, you’re both artist Haru-chan, you can’t be like that everytime Yuto will have an intimate scene with other actress. If you really love him, you need to understand the nature of his work.”

Haruna was surprised.

“You can hide it to everyone but you can’t hide it to me. Goodluck on the two of you.” She said and leaves Haruna.

Haruna sighed and continued to pack her things. She already texted Sota that their filming were already finished.

“Haru-chan!”

She was surprised when Yuto suddenly dashed to her dressing room.

“Yuto! What are you doing here?”

Instead of answering her question, he hugged her very tight.

“Gomen ne, I know you’re mad at me. Believe me—“

“Im not mad at you okay. I know it’s a part of the scene. You’re an artist right? I understand.”

“But why are you not joining our party? Its your first drama.”

“Im not feeling well Yu-chan. Sorry. Don’t worry about me. You can go. I already texted Sota to pick me up.”

“What?! No ! I will be the one to drive you home. Ikou.” Yuto angrily said and grabbed her bag then walked towards the parking lot.

“Yu-chan! Wait! Are you mad?” Haruna asked when she managed to cope up with Yuto and grabbed his arms to stop.

Yuto sighed.

“Look, I don’t want you to get close to Sota.”

“But he’s my driver.”

“I can drive you anytime and anywhere as long as you’re not with him.”

Haruna smiled.

“Are you jealous?”

“Chotto that’s my line a while ago.”

Haruna hugged him.

“You don’t need to be jealous. It is you that I love.”

Yuto finally smiled and hugged her back.

“I love you too Haru-chan.” he said and kissed her.

Haruna smiled. She wished that this moment will last forever.

But it seems that there is one person who just watched them over before making a move.

Enjoy your sweet moments with him for your time will be over soon. Riho said after taking a photo of them.

--

 

AN:

 

Sorry for the long update :(

Kinda busy ^^

 

I hope you still read this ^^

 

sorry for the typos and wrong grammars :(

 

till next chapter