Chapter 7 - Turning Point

Perfect Life 2 : Where My Heart Belongs

Chapter 7

3 weeks had already passed since Mirai knew her condition. They still kept it a secret to Ryosuke who was busy on the filming.

Mirai really missed her husband but she refrained herself from calling him.

“Mi-chan? are you ready ?” Haruna interrupted her.

She smiled to Haruna. “Hai.”

“Ne, are you sure you can continue to shoot? I mean Kamiki-san told you to rest right? It’s bad for your baby.”

“Nah, I’m just going to talk to Director Nagata personally. Besides almost all my scenes were already finished.” Mirai said and carried her things, but Haruna stopped her.

“I’ll carry it.” she said and smiled to Mirai.

“Arigato Haru-chan.”

Just in time they get out of the house, Sota already arrived with his dazzling smile.

“Ohayooo ! Two beautiful ladies.” He said.

“Don’t just give us your smile, mind to help me instead.” Haruna said, avoiding this guy’s smile.

Every time he smiled, her heart beats fast and she hates it. She thought that she’s already falling for him.

Ever since he confessed to her, he really tried to impress her. From sending sweet messages, buying food for her, cheering her during filming, calling her during night and smiling to her like that.

She doesn’t show to him that she’s happy on his doings, and eventually she realized that she’s really falling for him.

“Haru-chan?” he interrupted her thoughts and noticed that the two of them were already settled on the car.

“H-Hai, Gomen.” Haruna said and immediately went inside the car.

After a few minutes Sota started to drive to the filming location.

--

Haruna’s POV

“Ne, Haru-chan.” Mirai called me as I unpack my things on my bag.

In a few minutes, the shoot will begin.

“Hmm? What? Is there anything you want?”

She shook her head.

“Do you like Yu-chan?”

Her question made me froze and stopped from what I am doing.

“W-W-Why did you ask?” I stammered.

She just smiled.

“I hope you can give him a chance. He’s somehow slow.”

“Wh-Why are you saying this?”

“I think he’s inlove with you.”

“What? No you’re kidding me. He likes Riho. They’re always together.”

And speaking of Riho, that girl always hanged out with Yuto. I think they’re already dating.

“Nah,, Riho is such a flirt. Yu-chan doesn’t want to embarrass a girl that’s why he always hanged out with her.”

‘He doesn’t want? But he treated me differently.’ I thought.

“Mi-chan you’re just imagining things.”

“Well Sota is also a nice guy, but I prefer Yu-chan more.” She giggled before she left me.

I sighed.

There’s no way I’m in love with Yuto. I already forget my feelings for him.

“Are you ready for our scene later?” a voice suddenly spoke that interrupted my moment.

I saw Riho standing a few inches away from me.

“What do you want?”

She gave me a fake sweet smile.

“I’m just checking if you’re ready for our scene.” She said.

“I’m always ready.” I said and leaver her.

I really can’t stand her presence it annoys me a lot. As the filming passed by, I’m starting to get why the other artists were not talking to her. She’s a devil in disguise as what others said. Maybe she do something to them. Good thing only fake smiles were given to me.

I saw Riho approached Yuto, who is busy talking with his assistant.

Riho hooked her arm on Yuto. Yuto smiled to her.

So they’re already dating. Well I don’t really care. But, why do I felt a sharp fang on my chest.

I shook my head and tried to concentrate.

“Haru-chan? Are you ready?”

Its Sota.                                                                                       

“Hai, but I’m getting nervous.” I said.

“Don’t be I’m here.” He said and planted a small kiss on my head.

End of Haruna’s POV

--

Yuto’s POV

I felt Riho hooked her arms on mine.

“Ne, Yu-chan, are you ready for our scene later?” I heard her asked.

I saw on the corner of my eyes that Haruna was looking at our direction.

I remember my conversation with Mi-chan last week.

FLASH BACK

“EARTH CALLING YUTO NAKAJIMA!”

I hear d her voice while calling my attention.

“Huh?”

“Don’t just ‘HUH’ me. I’ve been talking non-stop here but you’re just staring at Haruna.” Mirai said and puffed her cheeks.

“gomen gomen.”

Mirai suddenly gave me a meaningful smile.

“I don’t like that smile of yours.” I said.

“Tell me Yu-chan, do like Haruna-chan already?”

“W-What?! What are you talking about?” I said. I felt my cheeks went hot.

“DON’T DENY IT! I’ve known you for a long time!” Mirai said.

“I didn’t like her! I like—I---“ I don’t know what to say. I suddenly remembered Riho. “I like Riho and not Haruna.”

Mirai’s expression suddenly changed.

“Boring! What did you see on that flirt?”

“She’s not a flirt.”
“Then tell me, do you like Haruna?”

“I already told you—“

“Yes your mouth says it but your eyes didn’t”

I stared at her.

I sighed.

“Actually I don’t know. I’m getting pissed whenever I saw her with that Sota. I always think about her. Even at home! Raiya always shows me her new magazine with Haruna’s the cover page. Sometimes I dreamed about our kiss---“ I suddenly stopped when I realized I talked a lot.

“WHAT?! YOU ALREADY KI—“ I immediately covered before Haruna could hear it.

“Don’t shout!”

She nodded and released her.

“You kissed her?” she whisphered.

“Yes. Twice I think?”

“GOD! YU-CHAN! You already do that but you’re afraid to tell her your feelings?!”

“Its not that. I also don’t know if I love her. I—I’m afraid to fall in love again.”

Mirai sighed.

“Im sorry because of me—“

“Don’t blame yourself. You’re not at fault.” I smiled to her and hold tight her hands.

“But—“

“I’m just afraid that she will not love me back because of the things and mean words I said to her.”

“So you’re saying that you already love her.”

“No. Yes. Maybe. I don’t know. I seriously don’t know.”

Mirai smiled.

“You’ll gonna find out that soon. You’ll just realize it if you do something that will hurt you the most.”

End of Flashback

“Ne~ Yu-chan?”

I snapped unto my thoughts when I heard Riho.

I put a fake smile to her.

“Yes Riho-chan?” I sweetly said to her.

“Would you like to have a dinner with me later?”

“I- I—“

I suddenly stopped from what I am saying when I caught Sota kissed Haruna on her head.

“KUSO ! THAT SOTA! HOW DARE HE! I’m the only one who must KISS her! Wait what did I just say?!”

“Yu-chan?”

‘Sheez I forgot Riho!’

“Hai… Sure.” I just said while continue watching the two.

A few minutes later we we’re already called by Director Nagata.

We positioned ourselves for the shoot.

Its mine, Riho and Haruna’s scene.

“READY, 3..2..1.. ACTION” I heard Director Nagata’s cue.

I took a deep breath then start my lines.

“Yukari, please let me be a part of your life. Let me be the person you can lean on during hard times. Let me be your eyes to the world. I don’t care what your situation right now is,  I love you.” I said then held Riho’s hand.

I saw Haruna running towards our direction. It’s a part of the scene where she will witness my proposal to Riho’s character.

“Shun, I – I can’t accept this. I’m—“

I didn’t let Riho finished her part because I already kissed her. It’s not that I really want to kiss her, it’s not also part of the script for that scene.

Even Riho was surprised.

I did it just to see if Haruna will react or make her feel jealous.

I felt that Riho also kissed me back. I go with the flow, I also kissed her. There is no signal from the director neither for us to stop the scene.

I just felt Haruna runaway from our direction.

“Wait! D-D-Did she just wiped her cheeks? D-Did she cry?”

I immediately released myself from the kiss.

“CUT! NICE SHOT!” Director Nagata said.

I bowed and try to find Haruna when Riho suddenly pulled me to her hug.

“I don’t know you like me that much huh.” She whispered to my ears.

I just gave her a fake smile and released myself from her.

“Well, let’s just say I did that to impress the director.” I said and left her to find Haruna.

 

End of Yuto’s POV

 

--

Haruna’s POV

I don’t know why I suddenly ran off after what I saw. My heart feels heavy. I can’t stand watching the scene, though I know it’s just an act.

It hurts.

I know to myself that I already forget my feelings for Yuto after what he done to me.

I really pushed that idea in my mind.

But… why does it hurt?  Do I still love him? NO! But what if I still---

I suddenly tripped on my own feet. My vision was already blurred.

I know I’m not in the position to cry and feel jealous like this.

Seeing Yuto sweetly kissed Riho, made me feel pity on myself. He always treated her nicely, while me? He really hated me. I don’t know why. He likes to hurt my feelings.

There is one thing I realized on myself, no matter how much I turn my attention to Sota, still…

“NAKAJIMA YUTO YOU’RE SUCH AN IDIOT! I HATE MYSELF FOR LOVING SUCH AN IDIOT LIKE YOU” I angrily said to myself.

“Sorry for being an idiot.”

I suddenly stopped from crying and looked at the figure in front of me. I was surprised to see Nakajima Yuto standing infront of me.

“The hell you care.” I angrily said to him and stood up.

“Chotto!” he said and grabbed my hand to stop from walking away from him.

“WHAT?” I hissed.

He suddenly pulled me to himself and hugged me.

“Ch-Chotto! What are you doing?!” I angrily said then tried to push him, but he was strong.

“Let us stay like this for a while.”

I was surprised of what he said. I started to punch his chest.

“WHAT? ! Are you out of your mind?”

“Yes… maybe.. I don’t know. But I know for sure that I don’t want to ever see the girl I love crying because of me.”

I suddenly stopped, as if everything really stopped when I heard his words… or rather confession.

“W-What did you say? Stop fooling me—“

I didn’t finish my sentence because the next thing I knew was he already kissed me.

He kissed me sweetly.

It’s different from before. It’s a kiss with a mix of love?

Wait Love? Not hate ?

I want to struggle, pushed him and slapped him, but I felt so weak in his kisses. I just cried.

He slowly ended the kiss, and then looked at me. He cupped my face on his hand and dried my tears with his thumb.

“I said to you right? I don’t want to see you cry.” He said.

“You said it’s only to the girl you love.”

“Isn’t that obvious that you’re the one I’m talking about?” he said and planted a quick kiss again on my lips.

(AN: Seriously, he really likes to her)

“Eh? Wait I can’t understand. You hate me right?” I said then pushed him away.

He sighed.

“Look, I also really didn’t understand myself. I hated when you’re being with Sota. I felt jealous. I don’t know when I started to fall for you.”

I blushed.

I just keep silent.

“Let’s try to work this out.” He said.

“What?”

He smiled and hugged me tightly.

“I said let’s try to work out our relationship. You love me also right?”

“I-I—I didn’t say that! You’re just assuming things!”

“I’m going to ask you again, why did you kissed me back before in the amusement park? Did I just assume that you love me at that time?” he said and laughed.

I suddenly pushed him away, enough to release myself from his hug.

He just laughed.

“You’re just assuming things!”

“Sou? Hmm maybe? Then I’ll just ask Riho to be my girlfriend.” He said then  started to take his leave.

I got alarmed. No ! He can’t!

“Chotto!” I said then stop him.

“Yes?” he said.

“Alright ! I admit! I—I—“  I cant continue my sentence. I felt that my face were already red.

“What?” he said trying to tease me.

“I also love you.” I softly said. I tried to lower my voice, because it’s embarrassing.

He smiled and hugged me once again.

“I love you too.” He whispered then planted a kiss on my forehead.

I smiled.

I can’t express my feelings right now. I’m really happy for his confession. I’m really happy that we understand each other’s feelings. But why do I feel an upcoming threat for the both of us.

End of Haruna’s POV

 

--

Riho’s POV

I saw and heard everything.

KUSO!

“You’re my next target Haruna Kawaguchi. Just enjoy the days you’re being with Yu-chan. I’m going to get what is supposedly to be mine.” I said to the two figures in front of me and walked away from them.

“You’ll gonna see the REAL RIHO TAKADA.”  

End of Riho’s POV

--

 

Sota’s POV

I gritted my teeth while watching the two of them.

I admit, I’m feeling jealous right now.

“No ! This can’t be happening! I’m not yet started my plan for you Haru-chan. NAKAJIMA YUTO; you’re a BIG hindrance to my plan.”

I stared at the old photo I was holding.

“You’re going to LOVE ONLY ME , Haru-chan. ONLY ME.”

End of Sota’s POV

 

--

 

 

AT OKINAWA:

Ryosuke’s POV

“CUT!”

I immediately went out of the bed and hurriedly put on my clothes.

Fujiko suddenly hugged me from behind. She’s only wearing her undies, and the blanket we share a while ago is the only one that covers her.

The director just ended filming our bed scene together.

“Nee~, did you have fun on our love scene?” she whispered to my ear. “We can continue it if you want. I know you –“

“Just leave me alone.” I coldly said and tried to remove her hands.

“Come on Ryosuke. I know you’re not satisfied. Just admit you like doing that to me.”

“SHUT UP FUJIKO.” I hissed.

Good thing there are only few staffs around the area.

I was surprised when she suddenly makes me turn to her and met her lips. She kissed me passionately.

I immediately pushed her that makes her stumbled on the floor.

“ITAI!” she angrily said.

This made some staffs looked at our direction.

I stared sharply at Fujiko.

“No matter what you do, I’ll never fall for your trap.” I angrily said to her and took my leave.

When I reached my dressing room, I immediately checked my phone and still, no message nor call from Mirai.

I sighed.

I really missed her!

I should have just listened to her to decline the project with Fujiko.

I send her a mail then lie down on the couch to have a quick rest.

End of Ryosuke’s POV


--

Fujiko’s POV

‘HE’S REALLY PISSING ME OFF!’

I angrily stood up and get my clothes. I spotted my assistant fixing my things at the corner of the room.

“Did you take a good shot?” I asked her.

“H-Hai, here.” She nervously said and handed her phone.

I devilishly smiled when I saw the photo.

‘Let’s see Ryosuke if you can still avoid me, after I send this lovely photo to your wife.’ I said to myself then transfer the photo to my phone.

I send the photo to Ryosuke with my note on it.

‘If you don’t want your wife to see this, let’s have a date later. Im just asking for a day, after that I’m going to delete this.’

I happily send the message then fixed myself for our date.

End of Fujiko’s POV

--

Ryosuke patiently waited for Fujiko at the park.

He tried to at least calm himself after reading Fujiko’s mail.

“Damn that girl!” he angrily whispered.

“Ryo-chan ~!” she cheerfully said and hugged him from behind, but Ryosuke already grabbed her arm tightly and dragged her behind the trees.

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!”

“Asking a date to the man I love.” She said and put her arms on neck.

Ryosuke removed it and pinned her on the tree.

“GIVE ME YOUR PHONE!”

“Actually I left it on my room. Why? Do you want to call your wife?” she sarcastically asked.

“I’VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!” he angrily said as his temper already reach its limit. He suddenly slapped Fujiko , making her to fall to the ground.

Fujiko was also surprised.

“W-WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” Fujiko angrily asked.

“SAME QUESTION TO YOU. ERASE THAT PHOTO OR ELSE I’M GOING TO REVEAL TO THE PUBLIC THAT YOU’RE FLIRTING ME!”

She smirked.

“Go ahead, besides, you don’t have a “proof”.” She said and leave Ryosuke.

“KUSO!” He angrily punches the tree, making his fist to bleed.

When Fujiko reached her room, she immediately gets her phone and composed a message to Mirai. Good thing she sneaked into Ryosuke’s phone before and saved Mirai’s number.

“I really enjoyed being together with your husband. He’s gentle yet wild. – F”

When I’m already got satisfied on the message I press the send button.

“How dare you Ryosuke to slap me. Now get the reward I’ve prepared for you.”

--

At Tokyo

“OMEDETO HARU-CHAN !” Mirai excitedly exclaimed when the two of the got home and Haruna told her what Yuto did on the location set.

“Do you think he really loves me?”

“Of course ! Gosh! Good thing Yu-chan already being honest to himself.” Mirai said.

Haruna laughed.

“Do you think that we can really have a good relationship?”

“Of course—“ Mirai didn’t continue her sentence because she was interrupted by her phone. “Wait.”

She opened the message from an unknown number. Her eyes got wider upon seeing the photo attached to it. The message came from Fujiko. It’s a photo of Ryosuke and Fujiko kissing each other, and Ryosuke was on top. She was sure they have no clothes.

She cupped her chest as she felt chest got tightened. Tears started to fall on her cheeks.

“Mi-chan? ! Daijoubu?” Haruna asked.

Mirai didn’t answered her, instead she tried to stood up but she can’t. Haruna immediately assist her.

“Mi-chan?”

“K-Kore—“ she said and handed her phone to Haruna.

Her body was shaking and her breath gets shortened.

Haruna was surprised when she saw the photo.

“I—“ Mirai didn’t have the chance to finished her sentence because she suddenly collapsed on Haruna.

“Mi-chan?! Mi-chan?!” she tried to wake Mirai but she didn’t opened her eyes.

She immediately called Yuto but it was just ringing.

“Mouuu! Where are you in the times like this!” she said then went out of the house. She went to Kamiki’s house and banged the door.

“Kamiki-san! Kamiki-san!”

A few minutes later Miki went out of his house.

“Kawa—“

“HELP! Mirai collapsed!”

Upon hearing that Miki dashed to Mirai’s house and checked her. Good thing he stays now at his house besides Mirai’s house.

“Called an ambulance.” He ordered Haruna. Haruna immediately phoned an ambulance.

Miki checked Mirai.

“What did she do before she collapsed?”

“S-She was staring at her phone then she began to clutch her chest and breathe heavily.”

“Her asthma attacked. Maybe from stressed in work or to something else. I told her to take things slowly. Im sure she didn’t said this to you.”

“H-Hai. I don’t know she has asthma.”

A few minutes later an ambulance came and drove them fast to the nearest hospital.

 

--

AN:

how was it so far? haha

 

sorry again for the typo's and grammar errors haha 

 

hope you like this ~

 

its getting interesting isnt it?