Chapter 6 - Annoucement

Perfect Life 2 : Where My Heart Belongs

Chapter 6

Mirai woke up in unfamiliar room.

She felt her head hurts as she scanned the whole room.

“Where am I?” she asked herself.

“You’re in my aunt’s clinic.” A voice answered her and a familiar figure showed in front of her from the door.

“K-Kamiki-san?!” she exclaimed as she saw Kamiki’s smiling at her.

“Hisashiburi ne, Mirai-chan.” he greeted her.

She stood up.

“W-Wait, what am I doing here?” she asked him.

“Relax. I didn’t do anything bad.” He said and guided her back to the bed. “You need to rest. I’m sure you’re not aware of your condition.”

“What ? What condition? Look I’m not sick.”

“Ehhh, then explain why you fainted a while ago.” He asked and leaned closer to her, meeting her eyes.

Mirai blushed and looked away.

*doki doki*

‘EH? Nani? Wait Im already married. Why does my heart beats fast over him?’

“See? You didn’t know.” Miki laughed a little when she didn’t answer.

“I---“ she didn’t have the chance to continue her sentence because she suddenly felt like throwing up.

“Daijoubu?” Miki worriedly asked.

Mirai ignored him and immediately run to the bathroom.

Miki followed him and waited at the door.

She threw up to the sink.

“I hope by now you understand your condition already.” Miki said and rubbed gently Mirai’s back to make her feel somehow better.

“E-Eh? What are you saying?” Mirai still managed to ask him even though she felt sick.

“You really don’t know?”

“How would I –“ she didn’t finished her question because she felt like throwing up again. They stayed there for 30 minutes until Mirai feels better.

Miki guided her back to the bed and offered her a glass of water.

“Thank you.” Mirai said after making herself feel better.

“Welcome.” He smiled and ruffled her hair.

He then sat down beside her. “I think I should call your husband and tell your condition.”

“What condition are you talking about? As if I’m having a deadly disease.”

Miki smiled that make her froze.

“Then I’ll ask you, when is the last time you had your period?”

“W-WHAT? What kind of question is that?!” she suddenly blushed.

“Nah, don’t be shy, come on. I just want to know.”

“And why will I say that to you, even Ryosuke doesn’t know it. I listed it in my---- WAIT!” she said then suddenly grabbed her phone on her bag and scanned her calendar.”OH MY GOD!” her eyes went big when she saw her calendar.

“So? Am I right that you’re almost 2 months pregnant?” he said.

She remained silent for a couple of minutes, still absorbing the news she heard from Miki.

“Wait. 2 months?” she calmly asked.

“Yes my dear.” He said.

Upon hearing Miki’s confirmation, she suddenly threw herself to Miki and hugged him.

“I’m going to be a mother right?” she said while crying.

Miki gently tapped her back.

“Yes.” He said then smiled.

Mirai released herself from Miki.

“Arigato for saving me. Actually, I didn’t know that I’m already pregnant.”

“Well, most women didn’t knew it until their 2nd or 3rd month, especially when they were on a busy schedule. Sometimes they just think that their period was late because of stress.” He explained and ruffled her hair.

“Why did you know such things? It’s a girl’s stuff.” Mirai asked.

“Aside from being an artist, I’m studying medicine. No particular field yet.”

Mirai just nod. “I thought you’re a erted guy that knew those kinds of things. WAIT ! DON’T TELL ME YOU--- YOU’RE THE ONE WHO EXAMINES ME ? ! ”

Miki laughed. “And what if I am ? I’m still a ‘doctor’.”

“WHAT?! OH GOD ! You--- You see everything?!”

Miki smiled. “Yes. Everything that you have.”

Mirai suddenly blushed and hits Miki with a pillow.

“HOW DARE YOU! YOU’RE NOT STILL A DOCTOR.”

Miki laughed while Mirai continued to hit him.

“Its okay. It has no malice for a student doctor.”

“BUT STILL YOU SAW EVERYTHING!MOUUUUU!”

Miki suddenly grabbed Mirai’s arms, making her to stop and leaned his face closer to her face.

“Don’t worry. I’m just teasing you. It’s my aunt who examines you. She’s a doctor. I’m just his apprentice here on her clinic.” He said and smiled.

Mirai blushed because of embarrassment.

Miki guided her back to the bed. “Now, you need to rest because it’s bad for your baby. I’ll just call your husband to fetch you here.”

Mirai suddenly remembered Ryosuke. “DON’T!”

“Eh? Why?”

“He’s on his flight and … we have a fight.”

“Ahh, that explains why you’re at the airport.”

“And you? Why are you at the airport?”

Miki leaned again his face closer to her face. “To stalk the girl I like.” He said then smiled.

Mirai blushed. “Don’t kid me!”

Miki just laughed.

“Better rest now. My aunt will talk to you later. She’s just finishing unpacking her things.” He said and leaves her in the room.

Mirai sighed.

“So he went to pick up her aunt. What a coincidence. I thought he’s really stalking me. Wait why am I thinking?” she whispered to herself.

She checked her phone messages and call logs. She saw most of them are from Ryosuke.

She really wants to tell him about her condition, but her pride tells her that she must have a little revenge for him of not telling the truth to her.

A sly smile form on her lips while typing her message to him.

--

“Don’t worry about Mirai, she’s fine here in our house. – Ryuunosuke.” Ryosuke read Mirai’s reply to him.

“WHY IS HE THE ONE WHO REPLIED? Don’t tell me they’re together? Its been a few hours since we last met and now she’s already with somebody else?!” he angrily whispered while looking at his phone.

They just arrived at the Okinawa , where they will film for 1 whole month. It’s only a few  hours since he and Mirai last saw each other.

He angrily contacts his wife but she’s not answering.

“Ne~ Ryo-chan~! Want to hang out with me later?” Fujiko asked and hooked her arms on his arm.

Ryosuke gulped as he saw her wearing a y dress revealing her cleavage. He shook his head and tried not to fall for Fujiko’s trap. He knew her.

“Fujiko I already said –“ he didn’t have the chance to finish his sentence because she stole his phone on his hand.

“You don’t need to call her. Besides I’m here.” She said and smiled sweetly to him.

Ryosuke sighed and removed her arms. “Please. I already have a wife. Don’t you feel embarrassed? Throwing yourself to me?” he said then left her.

Fujoko left dumbfounded.

“Im not done with you Ryosuke!” she angrily stomped her feet and went back to her staff.

--

“Mouuu, what are we going to do? Mirai’s not answering her phone.” Yuto worriedly said as he walked back and forth on the living room.

“Can you please calm down?” Haruna said to Yuto.

They were together waiting for Mirai to come home.

“How can I calm down? She’s my best friend!” he sat on the sofa across her. He looks frustrated.

“She will come home soon okay?” Haruna said.

Actually she’s been nervous all throughout their stay on Yamada’s house. Not only because Mirai was nowhere to be found, but because she and Yuto were the only one at the house.

A few minutes later, Yuto’s phone rang.

“Mi-chan?! Where are you? Thank God you finally called! I’ve – We’ve been so worried about you!” Yuto exclaimed upon answering Mirai’s call. “Eh?! Where is that I’m going to pick you up. What? Yeah, she’s here with me. Eh?! But.. Okay okay I understand.”

Haruna was surprised when Yuto handed his phone to her.

“She wants to speak with you.” He said.

Haruna get the phone and speak to Mirai.

“Mi-chan? Where are you?”

“I’m here on Kamiki-kun’s clinic.”

“What are you doing there ? Are you alright?”
“Yes. I’m okay. By the way I’ve entrusted you to Yuto. I know you’ll be staying today at our house. You can use my room if you want.”

“Wait. You’re not going home now?”

“I still need to talk with Kamiki’s aunt. Don’t worry I’m fine here.”

“Look I don’t know what’s really going on but you need to tell me everything when you come back.”

“Hai hai. Ja ne Haru-chan. Yuto will be staying also there.” Mirai said then hung up.

“Chotto—“ Haruna said then looked up at Yuto’s phone. “She hung up”

Yuto gets his phone and sat down.

“What now?” Haruna asked. “Y-You can go home if you want. I’m okay here.”

“No. Mirai asked to look after you.”

“Its okay I can really manage. I’ll just call Sota—“

Upon hearing Sota’s name, Yuto immediately stood up. “You’re not going to call him. I’ll be staying also here until Mirai got home.” He said and went to the kitchen to invade the refrigerator.

“Oi! What are you doing?” Haruna asked as she watched him looking for food.

“Looking for food can’t you see? I’m already hungry.” He said not even bothering to look at her.

“But-“

“It’s okay, Mirai always let me used their kitchen.” He said and smiled. “Just sit and relax and I’ll just prepare our late dinner.”

Haruna followed his order. She went back to the living room and sat down on the sofa. Her phone suddenly vibrated and saw Sota’s name on it.

She smiled upon seeing his message to her then she fell asleep.

--

After 30 minutes of preparing their food, he went to the living room and called Haruna. To his surprise, he saw her sleeping on the couch.

He went near her.

Her sleeping face made his heart beat fast.

He tried to calm himself. He just stared at her.

“Funny you had this angelic face when you’re asleep.” He said and gently brushed off some hair strands on her face.

“Gomen ne, if I’ve done many bad things to you. It’s just that I really can’t understand myself. Know what, since that day in the airport, I can’t get you out of my mind. I always saw Mi-chan’s crying, but… its different in your case. I just have this feeling that I should protect you. After a few months since you last left, I already forgot about you. Now that you’re already back, I started to think about you again. I’m scared that you will do something again. And most of all, I’m scared to fa—“

He didn’t have the chance to continue his sentence ‘cause he was cut off by his phone.

It’s a text message from Ryosuke asking if Mirai already went home.

“Ryosuke, you’re really a bad timing.” He whispered and smiled.

He sighed then carried Haruna to Mirai’s room.

“Oyasumi, Haru-chan.” He said then planted a kiss on her head.

--

When Haruna woke up, she was surprised to see herself on Mirai’s room.

“What am I doing here? I remembered I sleep in the living room—Wait!” she exclaimed and suddenly remembers Yuto.

She immediately went downstairs and looked for him but no traces of him found.

She went to the kitchen to get a glass of water when she noticed a note on the table.

“I’m going home for a while; I’ll be back at lunch. If Mi-chan will get home just call me here’s my number. By the way I prepare breakfast for you, Eat it.” She read.

She sighed. She remembered her dream last night about Yuto being nice to her and said some words that she can’t remember.

“oh well, I’ll just wait for Mirai and ask what happened to her.” She said and eats the food that Yuto prepared for her.

--

Mirai already arrived by lunch at their house.

“Haru-chan ~!” she said then hugged her.

“Mi-chan ! Good thing you’re safe. Where did you go last night? We’re so worried about you! Even Ryosuke always called us to check you.” Haruna said.

“Gomen Gomen, It’s just that many things happened.” She said.

“Like?”

Mirai was about to answer when someone called her.

“Mi-chan, where will I put this?” Kamiki asked when he entered their house.

Haruna was surprised.

“W-What are you doing here?” Haruna asked him.

“I accompanied Mirai on her way home, besides I will be your soon to be neighbor.” He said and smiled.

“What?!” the two of them exclaimed.

“Wait Miki-san, I thought –“

“Don’t you know? Before you live here, I already bought that house besides you, but I’m busy with studies and career that’s why I seldom go home.”

“You mean, you already knew about us?”

Miki nodded and smiled.

“Woah! I didn’t know that. I thought that the owner of the house was living abroad.”

“Partly yes. Anyways, it’s a long story. So where will I put this?” he said and showed the grocery bags he was holding.

“Ah gomen gomen, just put it on the kitchen.”

“Hai.” He said then made his way to the kitchen.

“Chotto Mi-chan, what’s the meaning of this?” Haruna asked as if waiting for an answer.

“It’s a long story Haru-chan, I’ll tell you later ne.” she said and followed Miki on the kitchen.

Haruna left with full of questions on her face. She decided to tell Yuto that Mirai already went home.

A few hours later, Mirai, Miki, Haruna and Yuto were sitting at the living room. No one dares to talk.

Yuto finally gave in and asked Mirai.

“Mi-chan? What is this guy doing here?”

“Anou, first of all, I’m sorry for making the two of you worried. I’ll tell you what happened. When I walked out from the airport, I was about to get a taxi when I start feeling dizzy. Before I could think again, I felt that I’m already falling on the ground. Good thing Miki, I mean Kamiki-san, was there and he’s the one who help me. I don’t know what really happened but when I woke up, Im already at their clinic.” She said.

“Okay, I do understand that part. But why did you tell us that you still need to talk or rather his aunt wants to talk to you?” Haruna asked.

“Mi-chan, we’re really worried about you, even Ryo-chan.”

“Anou,” Miki tried to catch their attention but Yuto already stopped him from speaking.

“Don’t interfere. You’re not the one we are asking.” Yuto said.

“Yu-chan! How rude of you! Be kind to Miki-san. He’s the one who help me.”

“But Mi-chan!”

“Just be thankful to him, because if he wasn’t there, I don’t know what will happen to me and to my baby.” She softly said.

Yuto and Haruna were both surprised.

“W-What did you say? B-Baby?” Yuto asked.

“Yes Nakajima-kun. She’s already 2 months pregnant.” Kamiki said and smiled.

“Wait, what makes you think –“

“I’m a medical student at Toudai. And my aunt’s a doctor.”

Haruna and Yuto remained silent for a while.

“I-I’m sorry Kamiki-san.” Yuto apologized.

“It’s okay. My aunt said that Mirai’s pregnancy is critical. She needs lots of rest. She must not strain herself and refrain herself from work. She’s prone to miscarriage.” Kamiki explained to them.

“If that’s the case then maybe we should asked Ryosuke—“

“Don’t Haru-chan! I- I want to surprise him.” Mirai said.

“But Mi-chan—“

“You’re going to help me right, Haru-chan?” she said and smiled to her.

“Y-Yes I will but—“

“If that’s what she wants let her be. I know her. You can’t win over her, right Mi-chan?” Yuto said and smiled.

Mirai nodded.

Haruna sighed.

“Hai. I understand. I’ll keep it from Ryosuke.” Haruna said.

“Arigato Haru-chan. Ja, I need to—“ Mirai didn’t have the continue her sentence because she suddenly felt throwing up. She immediately went to the kitchen sink. Haruna immediately followed her.

“I need to go. I just drop by Mi-chan here.” Kamiki said and stood up.

“Thank you Kamiki-kun, but I hate people like you. I warn you, I will not let you do something to destroy Mirai and Ryo-chan’s relationship.” Yuto firmly said.

Kamiki just smiled.

“May the best man wins.” He said to teased Yuto.

Yuto clutched his shirt.

“I warn you.” Yuto angrily said then stared at him for a few seconds before he finally released him.

He left Kamiki then joined Mirai and Haruna on the kitchen.

“Wew, I see there’s a hindrance other than Ryosuke huh.” Kamiki said before he went out of Mirai’s house.

--

AN:

 

So how was it? XD

 

Sorry for the super late update !

 

sorry again for the grammar and typo errors :)

 

Till next chapter 

 

THANKS FOR READING AS ALWAYS :)