Just go with it

Chocolates & Dates

From a distance, she watches happy couples strolling around. There’s nothing more alluring that the glow of new couples. A sigh passes by her lips as she wishes that she could do the same.

Sadly, that was close to impossible mainly because her cousin, Luhan, had stupidly sent her on an errand to deliver some weird antique personally.

The antique was a glass orb that looks like a cat’s eye and fits perfectly on her palm. It was a combination of green and black that looks magnificent when put directly in front of a light source.

She tried it and had agreed to whoever the customer was, that he or she has a great taste for oddities.

Eya wouldn’t mind staring at that thing for hours. There was something in that small object that would attract anyone to stare at it.

She thought maybe her cousin casted an attraction spell on it. It would be subtle and yet very effective. For a second, she pitied Luhan’s victim.

The delivery to be made was to an apartment complex on a location that Eya wasn’t familiar with. Luhan was kind enough to give her directions to the place or else she would be lost for hours. The shop rarely do deliveries and on those occasions Luhan’s the one who always go, but for some reason her relative was insistent that she do this.

Luhan’s cousin repeatedly looked at the paper with the directions making sure that she’s going to the right place. The whole building was surprisingly looked more like some sort of a hotel. Securities were tighter and it seems that the units are a lot bigger than most apartments these days.

On the paper it says, 9th floor unit 99.

“Parcel for Mr. Kim Minseok” Eya told the front desk.

She signed in the log-in and left an identification card before she was allowed to go up.

9th floor.

Unit 909.

For a long while, she just stared at the unit number stamped on the side of the apartment door. She was a bit nervous since it’s her first time doing it. Luhan was the sweet type while’s the opposite, the bitter type. She wasn’t sure if she’ll make an impression that would make the shop lose business. Eya didn’t want to screw this up.

Deep breaths, she told herself before pressing the doorbell. A soft chime echoed and it didn’t take long before she heard footsteps.

“Who is it?” Someone behind the door asked.

“Delivery for Mr. Kim Minseok from the Memoire shop. Luhan sent me.” Eya nervously replied and showed him the small box she held.

The door opened to reveal the short boy she had always seen coming by the shop. She remembered him well since she had been watching him secretly whenever he comes by the shop. She never knew his name was Minseok for her cousin always called the guy Xiumin.

She cursed silently. Her cousin might have noticed her small infatuation over the cute male.

It was the first time she saw him this close.

Eya never thought that people like him exists. True to Luhan’s choosing, the glass orb resemble’s the owner. Not completely, but in some way, this man’s eyes resembles a cat’s.

“Oh! Luhan sent me a gift?”

“Eh? he told me you bought it.” Eya was confused. “Luhan said- oh nevermind.” Everything was planned. She shook her head and handed Xiumin the small box.

Xiumin gingerly took the box and “Thank you.”

She nodded and smiled a little. She turned around to leave but as she did, the most unbelievable thing happened.

It started to rain. The sun was shining brightly and there were no reports of sun showers. There was only conclusion that she could draw.

“Luhan…” Eya called out his name in exasperation. He was really going big this time. Her cousin had always loved matchmaking and that’s why she’s dragged into the family business. He needed an alchemist and he saw her interest in them.

Normally, she would have let her cousin’s antics go but she couldn’t today. She didn’t have an umbrella with her and would probably be stuck at the apartment complex until late in the afternoon. Eya really wanted to spend the rest of the day in peace but it looks like Luhan had others ideas.

She tried calling him multiple times but she wasn’t getting through. After her last attempt, her phone rang with a text message. It was from her cousin.

Just Enjoy my gift for you^^ Happy Valentine’s Day!

Cousin Luhan~

Eya pondered about her cousin’s message. She didn’t notice Xiumin was still around and watching. Only when he spoke did she notice him.“I don’t think the rain’s going to end anytime soon. We could chat until it stops. It would really nice to have someone accompany me. ” Near the end, Minseok looked a bit shy with his words.

Seeing the male looking a bit shy made Eya feel the same. Her cheeks reddened a bit. There was nothing she could do about the rain and she certainly liked being around the handsome male a lot longer. “A chat sounds nice.”, she finally said.

At her answer, Minseok was beaming and pulled Eya inside the apartment.

Luhan was playing cupid for her and she loves him to bits for it.

 


I think I deserve a story^^ hahaha...

I was torn between Tao and Xiumin...

I'm a big Zitao fan but Xiumin is after my heart as well^^

Enjoy guys^^ 

And thanks for being with me through this short but fun journey~