Another Chance

Chocolates & Dates

 

Today was not her day. It was like mission impossible to give these damn chocolates to that Bacon boy she liked so much.

That morning, her alarm clock didn’t ring or most probably she didn’t hear it. When she woke up, the sun was already up. She had to fast forward her special beauty regime. The only thing she had to do in normal speed was keeping her curls in perfect form. It was a good thing she already prepared her clothes.

She heard that Baekhyun was not going to be at the dance studio and would be spending his time with Kyungsoo around the city’s known teenage hotspots. Ash was in awe with the information she got from Jill, the group’s network queen. She also had to thank Jill’s connection to Sehun or she wouldn’t be able to know this.

Ash remembered Jill telling her that the boys will be shopping. She could feel a headache coming. There were a lot of shopping spots in the city. It was like finding a needle in a haystack.

But no matter… Ash wasn’t easily discouraged by a simple obstacle.

“You can do this Ash! In the name of love!” She cheered, forming her hand into a fist.

 

But her cheery mood was crushed as soon as she saw the boys. Someone noticed them at the same time as she did.

She cannot believe her bad luck. Her gift was turned into mush. These girls were bloodthirsty that her chocolates didn’t survive the rampage of their feet once they caught sight of the male dancer that she, too, was waiting for.

“Crazy fangirls…” She bitterly grumbled as she memorized the poor ending of her carefully made white and dark chocolates.

She stared until tears started leaking out of her eyes. Realizing that she was crying, she scrambled to stop it. Tears were not on her agenda today since she’s wearing regular eyeliner. She didn’t want to have racoon eyes!

“Crap!” She sniffed and hastily searched for her handkerchief.

“Here.” Someone else beat her to it and offered her a hanky.

“Than- Taemin-sshi?” She looked up wide-eyed upon realizing who it was.

“You know me?” Taemin was surprised.

“Ah-no…not really. I saw you playing a month ago.” She shyly ducked her head to hide the blush forming on her cheeks. “You were pretty great.”

Little butterflies filled her stomach.

 “Thanks.” He chuckled. “I guess that’s your chocolate.”

Ash frowned and sighed. “Yup.” She used the handkerchief loaned to her to dab her eyes.

She really hoped that she could personally give it to Baekhyun but seeing the unfortunate state of her gift, there was nothing she could do.

Taemin couldn’t take the sad look on her face that he spoke. “Let’s go for some ice cream. It’ll be my treat.”

She stopped dabbing and a look of disbelief painted on her face. “What?”

“Let’s go on a date.” He shrugged and smiled.

Ash still couldn’t wrap it around her head that the cute bassist she liked was asking her out.

“Don’t break a boy’s heart for asking a pretty girl…” He pressed his thumb on the corner of her eyes to wipe a tear she missed.

That simple gesture had her heart beating fast. It made her a little dizzy but it was alright.

“Okay.” She said. For some reason, she couldn’t trust herself to speak louder.

He beamed.

At that point, she knew she made the right choice of saying yes.

Who would have thought? Even though her chance with Baekhyun was ruined, someone took a chance for her.

 


 

I almost wrote Taemin-s...pwahah...

Ash ~ hope you like it^^