In Sickness & in Health

Chocolates & Dates

“I’m really sorry Sehun-ah…” Her rough voice said over the phone.

The perfect date. Today was supposed to be the perfect date but her body was rebelling on her.

She was curled up on her bed with her blanket tightly wrapped around her.

 “I was totally fine yesterday. I thought that it was just a headache.”, she assured her boyfriend.

Andrea really wanted to have fun with Sehun. It was their first Valentine’s together.

She was dumb to ignore the symptoms last night. She was too excited about the date the following date that she ignored everything else.

“It’s fine Andrea. Do you need anything? I can drop by-” The concern on his voice almost sent her bawling. She tried her best not to make an embarrassment of herself so that Sehun won’t be too worried.

She sniffed and pulled a tissue out of the box beside her. “No. Don’t come. I’m a mess and I don’t want you to see me like this.”

Andrea heard Sehun take a deep breath from the other line. It seemed that he was as excited as she was.

“Okay. I miss you already baby…” He said.

“I miss you too. Hang out with your friends Sehun.”

The call ended with Andrea close to tears.

She checked the time on her phone. It was only 8 in the morning.

There was no one else in the house except her. Her parents were away since yesterday to visit some of their friends that arrived from abroad. They wouldn’t be home until the following day. They didn’t know that she was feeling sick when they left.

Moving hurt and was parched. It was a struggle to get out of bed. She wished that someone was there to help her but she was alone.

That meant that she had to it up and deal with herself.

An hour passed and the only thing she managed to accomplish was get some water. She brought a pitcher and a glass and left it on her bedside table. She fell asleep for a couple of minutes before the doorbell woke her up.

Andrea groaned. She didn’t want to deal with visitors.

She hoped that whoever was ringing the doorbell would leave, but five minutes have gone and the annoying doorbell was still ringing.

The sound of the doorbell was annoying the hell out of her. It was getting her a migraine.

In the end, she forced herself to get out of bed just for the ringing to stop. With her blanket over her shoulders, she walked like a zombie towards the front door.

Groggily, she opened the door.

“Sehun?”

“I brought soup.” He raised his right hand carrying a stainless container and smiled. Sehun didn’t seem to notice how her hair was going in all directions or the fact that she looked like a mess and was wearing her well-worn pajamas.

Seeing her caring boyfriend on her doorstep made it impossible for Andrea to bottle the tears that she was trying not to let out.

She dropped the blanket on her shoulders with tears on her face and ran towards Sehun, surprising him with a hug.

Sehun almost fell backward. He stumbled a bit and wrapped his free arm around her waist.

“You came.” she said with a sob and a tone of disbelief.

He rested his chin on her shoulder. “Being your boyfriend doesn’t mean I’ll only get to see one side of you. I’m entitled to see all sides of you Andrea.”

She chuckled even though it hurts a bit because of her dry throat. “Be careful what you wish for Sehun.”

“I’m always prepared.”


Andrea^^

Double Update^^

The only story left is for me and Kat^^