Better Late Than Never

Chocolates & Dates

 

 

He’s late.

Camille tapped her feet furiously while crossing her arms below her chest. She didn’t like waiting especially when waiting for a guy. Her eye twitched. It was a sign that she was slowly losing a lot of patience.

She checked her watch again and it just told her that he was 20 minutes late.

20 unacceptable minutes.

She would give him another five minutes and if he doesn’t show up…

Goodbye relationship.

For sure she would be bawling her eyes out but she couldn’t tolerate tardiness most especially because it’s Valentine’s Day. Every second passing by seems like an hour. It was hard not to be grouchy when she’s surrounded by couples while she’s waiting alone.

“Lee Jinki…” She gritted her teeth as she glared at a couple publicly kissing a few feet away from her. “You’re going to regret doing this to me.”

In her thoughts, she regretted wearing something other than jeans and a shirt. For this date, she wore a dress and heels!!!

The things she did for love…

Another ten minutes and still, Onew was nowhere to be found.

She checked her phone for any messages but there was none. Thinking for a bit, she decided to call him.

The line was busy.

Her brows furrowed. A sharp sting crept on her eyes.

She closed them. Stubbornly, she told herself she wouldn’t cry. Camille wasn’t going to cry just because a boy stood her up.

Camille bit her lips, fighting off the urge to let the tears flow to let everyone around her see that she was dateless for Valentine’s.

“Stupid.” She mutters to herself. Her eyes scanned once more before she decides to drown herself in her tears.

Her heart skipped and her anger disappeared when she saw Onew rushing to her with a large bouquet of flowers and what looked like chocolates too. Knowing that he didn’t abandon her was enough to make her forget her fears earlier.

Onew was panting by the time he stopped in front of Camille. His shirt that was neatly ironed on one part was wrinkled on some parts. Beads of sweat dripped from his temple down to his jaw.

“I’m really soh-rry…g-ot caught in tra-ffic.” He panted, leaning his hands on his thighs while holding the flowers for Camille.

“You’re late.” She tried to act angry but seeing the tortured look on Onew’s face when he was expecting a slap.

A slow smile rose from her pink lips. She was happy now that he was here. The smile wasn’t totally obvious but Onew caught the change on her lips.

He stood straight and took a couple of steps closer until he could almost kiss her. He was smiling widely and kissed her cheek before wrapping his arms around her waist, bringing her closer to his body. “I’m sorry Jagiya.”

“You’ll be making up for making me wait for an hour…” She said with her smile growing bigger. Her cheeks flamed at her affectionate boyfriend.

“I know. I’ll be happy to be your slave for a month.” He promised.

“A slave huh?” She let go of him for a minute to look at him in the eyes with an arched brow.

Onew kissed her this time on the lips with a grin, sending warmth all over her body.

“Yes. A slave just for you.”

 


As I promised Mhil~ Here it is!

Happy Valentines everyone~

Thank you to all my readers... active or not^^

Enjoy your valentines with your friends or your loved ones <3