Bittersweet

Chocolates & Dates

In an outfit that took hours for her to decide on, Dani went out with a small smile on her face. Today will be a special day for her.

There was no sign of the milky-skinned boy at the coffee shop. She sighed and wondered where he had gone. She didn’t want to think that he had a date. That was one of the things she refused to acknowledge.

“I’m sorry miss, but Suho-sshi is not here.” The other barista from the coffee shop said with a rueful smile.

Dani’s excitement dampened. She really thought Suho was going to be around today. A few days ago, he heard him telling his boss that he’s going to be around.

She let out a sigh and thanked the barista before exiting the shop.

Now what?

She had no clue where to go. Glancing at her watch, she knew that she had a lot of time to waste. She didn’t want to go home just yet. It was still early to quit.

Her mind was swirling with the possible places where the flawless-skinned male was probably hanging out.

Other than the café, the only place Dani knew Suho usually hangs out was the studio and the park. She needed help from Jill or Andrea to know the other places. Unfortunately, she couldn’t reach any of them.

The first place she went to was the studio. When she arrived, she heard the girls waiting that the only guy from the dance group that was in the studio was their Chinese member, Lay. Dani then tried the park and he wasn’t there.

The park was the last place she knew he would be hanging out and he wasn’t there.

The coffee-chocolate bars that she made for the handsome male was untouched inside her bag.

By 8pm she gave up and returned to the café to wallow on her failed attempt.

She opened the door with a frown on her face. She didn’t see the man by the door.

“Congratulations! You’re our 200th customer for the day. As a treat, all your purchases for the day will be free.”, a familiar face surprised her.

“Su-suho.”, her voice let out in a whisper. The gloom surrounding her vanished and was replaced with astonishment and delight.

Dani really thought that she wouldn’t get to see him.

“Happy Valentines Dani”, he beamed. “Juno told me you dropped by. I came a few minutes after you left.”

He knew her name because she had been a frequent patron of the shop. In some way, they can be called friends in some sense. They know a thing or two about each other that their other friends usually missed out.

His words sank in a couple of seconds later. She forgot that Juno was the name of the other barista.

A slow burn heated her cheeks and she shyly smiled at him. “I just want to give you some chocolates since it’s Valentine’s Day.”

Suho leaned forward that their faces were only a foot away from each other. “Really?!”, he asked with an excitement like a child.

Her cheeks burned brighter with a shade of red. “Yeah.”, she said as she pulled out the coffee chocolate from her bag.

His eyes twinkled at the sight of chocolate. He accepted the chocolate with a big smile on his face. “Thanks” Suho said and hugged her.

Dani didn’t know how to react and let her hands fall to her sides.

The heat and scent of Suho had her flying somewhere far away.

The hug lasted a couple of seconds and she was a bit disappointed for the hug to end so quickly.

It didn’t register to her that they were in the middle of the store having their moment. Luckily, the shop was near empty.

A questioning look rose from her face. The place was always filled with people.

Suho saw her expression and explained. “It’s a slow night. Most couples are spending their time at restaurants.”

Dani nodded slowly. “I see.”

“Have a chair Dani and I’ll serve your favourite and the café’s special for today. We’ll chat as you enjoy your food.” Suho was already ushering her to her favourite spot.

“Chat?” She managed to ask as she let the male her.

“As I said, it’s a slow night. It won’t hurt to have company, right?” His smile had her insides melting like ice cream.

No words were necessary. Dani’s lips tilted upward telling Suho that she definitely liked company.


For Dani^^ 

Hope you like it^^