Let's Go to the Club 001

*Vox Amoris (Voice of Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Calculus Class, Section 2-A

 

“Hey,” Eunkyung slightly nudges Haeri’s elbow. “Did something happen? You look happy.”

 

Chuckling, the aforementioned just scrunched her nose, “I’m just excited for your stay later, that’s all.”

 

“I’m flattered, but I think someone really made you into a beautiful mess.”

 

“...Beautiful mess? What a word.  Well, my close friend—the one in Japan called last night and I felt good about it.”

 

“Are you sure that’s all?” the other teases, whispering. “I noticed that your doe-eyed neighbour over there has been glancing occasionally at you. Mind to talk about it?”

 

“Uh,” turning to look at the said male’s direction, Haeri shyly smiled as she gazed back at her seatmate. “I think we got closer... So much for that, let’s listen to the lecture.”

 

 

Even when the students proceeded to the Chemistry class, Eunkyung keeps on giving Haeri a teasing look, to which she only returned with a playful roll of her eyes. Their instructor just left them some research work for their next meeting.

 

“Haeri, what did you get from the previous activities?”  Baekhyun asks, sitting on his usual seat beside her.

 

Opening her workbook, she skimmed through the pages and looked at her scores.

 

“Wow!” Baekhyun almost squealed, but was quickly interrupted by a light nudge in the arm. “Mi-an,” he utters cutely.

 

Looking at Baekhyun’s workbook, Haeri smiled at him, seeing his scores. “Nice job, Byun Baekhyun,” she says, looking at him.

 

The latter only muffled a chuckle, the pinkish hue painting his face. “T-Thanks.”

 

“It’s nothing,” after closing her workbook, Haeri turned to D.O who’s seated across her.

 

Seeming to get the unsaid question from her stare, the former flashed a reassuring smile, showing her his workbook.

 

“You did great!” Haeri mouthed, grinning at him.

 

 

Watching them from their area, Eunkyung grins, turning to chat with Chen and Chanyeol. “Are you guys staying over D.O’s later?”

 

Chen nods, linking an arm with Chanyeol. “That’s right...what about you? Staying over Haeri’s?”

 

“Yeah,” she nods, continuing, “I heard that they’re neighbors.”

 

Chanyeol smirks, gesturing the other two scoot closer to share his idea. “How about the six of us go out later? You know, get closer over some drinks.”

 

Eunkyung covers , giggling. “That’d be great, but I doubt if Haeri will agree to that. I promised her that we’ll just do some reading for the book/novel review and just chat the night away.”

 

Chen grins, “Those two seems to share some traits. I’m sure Haeri wouldn’t mind—she’s too kind to refuse and about D.O, he will have no choice.”

 

 “Alright, I’ll just convince Haeri,” Eunkyung utters, excited.

 

“Okay, I’ll just have Baekhyun call her later for the meeting place,” says Chanyeol, grinning. “All’s set.”

 

*     *     *

As soon as the bell rang for dismissal, Haeri linked an arm with Eunkyung while they were heading out from their Literature class.

 

“What’s inside your bag? It seems so packed,” the former asks, eyeing her bag. “You know, you can borrow my spare towels or whatsoever toiletries except for toothbrush, of course.”

 

“I-I know,” says Eunkyung, stuttering. “It’s just clothes, don’t worry.”

 

Looking at her friend’s nervous expression, Haeri continues to eye her. “Do you have something to say?”

 

“Later,” Eunkyung replies. “I’ll tell you later.”

 

 

On the other hand, D.O. was cornered by Chanyeol and Chen. “Do you have something to say?” cocking an eyebrow, he asks.

 

The two playfully wrap an arm around the latter’s shoulders, standing on either of his sides. “We’re going to get some drinks tonight.”

 

“So it’s confirmed?” Baekhyun asks, amused.

 

“If you’re insisting on drinking, my house is off-limits for you,” D.O warns, eyeing the two.

 

“Come on, Kyungsoo. It will be fun!” Baekhyun says.

 

“Says the lightweight,” D.O scoffs.

 

“Yah, we’ll just drink not get drunk,” Baekhyun adds, defensively. “Besides, you’re parents are on a business trip, right?”

 

Sighing, D.O eyes Baekhyun, then the two on his sides, “I don’t know why I put up with you.”

 

“We put up with your naggings, you know,” says Chanyeol, ruffling the latter’s hair. “So, it’s a yes then?”

 

“You better get your asses off now and bring your books or things whatsoever for the requirement. We’re not going out unless you guys do something first that’s school-related,” D.O escapes from their hold and picks his bag up.

 

“Yes, umma,” Baekhyun and Chen chimes.

 

 

*     *     *

“We’re here,” Haeri says, upon arriving at the gates of her house.

 

Smiling, Eunkyung slips her arm around the latter’s shoulder, “You’re house is beautiful.”

 

 Just like D.O’s, the Song’s residence is a two-storey house, with the roof painted coffee black and the walls between creamy white.

 

“Let’s get inside first,” Haeri utters, gesturing for her friend to follow. She opens the door with a key and offered some pair of slippers to Eunkyung.

 

As they proceeded to the living room, Eunkyung looks at the pictures in frames, organized in a dark brown five-storey shelf in the corner—to the left of the black widescreen television hanging on the white coloured-wall.

 

“The picture on the third level—it’s my brother and my sister,” Haeri says, walking towards Eunkyung. “They were the ones who designed this house. We already planned on moving here in Seoul when this house was finished, but my father got so busy with work, so we had a delay and I had to go to Suwon since it is Gyeonggi-do’s capital.”

 

Placing the picture frame back, Eunkyung faces Haeri. “So when did you decide to finally transfer here?”

 

Haeri smiles, sadly. “My father got Stage 2 lung cancer. The doctor advised us to transfer him in Seoul since the facilities are way better here.”

 

Taken aback with what her friend just told her, Eunkyung hugs Haeri. “I didn’t know...I thought it was just a typical family problem. I should’ve known, when you said you didn’t want to talk about it. Sorry Haeri.”

 

The latter returned the hug, patting her friend’s back. “There’s no way you could’ve known, especially when I was keeping it to myself.” She slowly pulled back and looked at her friend. “Kyung, please keep this a secret. I don’t want others to think that I’m pitiful.”

 

“I understand,” Eunkyung nods.

 

“Come on, let’s forget the drama and follow me to my room,” Haeri says, cheerily.

As they went upstairs, Eunkyung kept on looking at the paintings hanging on the wall. They reach the long hallway of the second floor, leading to the siblings’ rooms.

 

“The rooms towards the end (on the left side), belongs to my brother, then the room slightly across is my sister’s.” Haeri informs her, breaking Eunkyung’s train of thoughts, “And this...” she opens the door near the full height glass wall, dividing the hallway (which is the center part of the second floor, as seen in the house’s front part). “...is my room.”

 

Eunkyung closes the door behind her and follow the latter inside. The ceiling was off-white, with minty-green walls; lavende

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter