The Introduction

*Vox Amoris (Voice of Love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

All students gathered at the grounds to attend the flag raising ceremony. On the right side were the Middle grade students, while the High school students were on the left. After the ceremony, the principal of the Kyunghee University gave his welcome address to the students for the new academic year.

 

Shortly after the program, everyone, including the Faculty members went to their respective classes.

 

First Period, History Class, Section 2-A

 

The room was like a circus, with each student greeting one another and chatting about their vacation, and what nots.

“Hey, D.O., what’s up?” Baekhyun tapped the former’s shoulder. “Still thinking about Triple L’s?”

D.O., or Do Kyungsoo as formally known, raised his eyebrow and stared blankly at the latter. “What are you talking about?” he blurted, his expression blank.

“Triple L’s—long, lost lover,” Baekhyun quipped, grinning.

“Byun Baekhyun, stop it,” Kyungsoo turned around on his seat to face the said guy who was sitting behind him.

“Yah Bacon, are you teasing D.O. again?” Jongdae joined them, sitting towards D.O.’s left.

“Yo, wassup?” Chanyeol greeted as he sat towards Baekhyun’s left.

“Kyungsoo’s lovesick again,” Baekhyun teased further, unfazed by the death glares directed to him.

“Seriously, you--” Kyungsoo blurted, sighing in annoyance.

 

While they were bickering, two girls from Section C entered the room without preamble, immediately walking towards the boys’ seats.

 

“D.O.-sshi, please accept this.” The girl with a bobcat hair held out her hands, holding a small-box beautifully prepared in colourful wrapper. The other girl with ponytailed hair also gave something to Chanyeol.

“Thank you, but please refrain from giving presents like this,” Kyungsoo said straightforwardly, leaving the girls' agape. "Also, you can't just enter another person's class without his or her knowledge."

“Eh? Ah, yeah,” the bobcat-haired girl answered softly. "Sorry."

To make the girl less disappointed, Baekhyun took the gift instead.

“Don’t worry. I’ll make sure he’ll bring this home.”

“Thank you,” the girls uttered, leaving after.

“Kyungsoo, you were a bit harsh, don’t you think?” Jongdae blurted out, brows slightly knitted.

The man in question just sighed and opened his book -- aimlessly scanning the pages. “I just don’t want to entertain that kind of thing.”

“How I wish you’d meet a girl who would loosen you up,” Baekhyun said, crossing his arms.

 

While the class was busy chatting and all, Professor Min Seulgi, their History instructor, was on her way together with a girl student. As she entered the room, the students became silent.

“How was your vacation?” she asked, smiling.

“It was short~” most of the girls protested.

“I know right? Well, you’re here once again to face the reality that you’re students and that you have to attend your classes,” Prof. Min stated as a matter-of-factly, smiling.

“Eh~”

“Alright, please settle down. I’d like you to meet a new student from Kyunghee’s Suwon campus. “Miss Song, please come in.”

 

Upon calling her, the transferee immediately entered the classroom. All eyes were trained on her as she made her way in front. Her straight, mid shoulder-length hair flowed freely, as she took a bow.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo! My name's Song Haeri. It's nice meeting you,” she uttered with effortless grace.

“Annyeong!” the boys delightedly greeted and welcomed her.

“Hwanyoung (welcome),” the girls chorused.

 

“She’s cute, don’t you think?” Chanyeol said, leaning forward, tapping Kyungsoo's shoulder.

“Every girl’s cute for you,” Kyungsoo retorted, not paying attention to the girl in front.

“You know, you’re no fun,” Baekhyun and Chanyeol blurted at once.

“And, you’re so bitter, D.O.,” Jongdae added.

 

“So now, let’s see where you should sit, Miss Song,” Prof. Min uttered, looking for empty seats. “Oh, you can sit beside Do Kyungsoo-sshi.”

“Nice,” BaekYeol high-fived, grinning.

“Kyungsoo-sshi, please raise your hand so that Haeri-sshi will recognize you.”

Quite startled, D.O. raised his hand. Haeri immediately walked towards the empty seat on the right side of the aisle, placing her bag on her chair.

 

“Hi Haeri, I’m Eunkyung.  I’ll be your seatmate here. The boy on your left is D.O.-sshi.”

Haeri spare a glance at her left before returning her gaze on her seatmate. “Okay. It’s nice meeting you, Eunkyung-sshi.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter