Starting

Missing Piece

Lee Kyung Ri, leaving me should be the worst decision of your life. I loved you so wholeheartedly and all you did was to leave me and break my heart. How could you just leave without a reason. I need to know. I have the rights to know. I suffered way too much for you. When you left, i searched everywhere for you and now you are right here before my very eyes, its like god's gift. I'm not going to let this chance slip by. Not now. I'm going to make you suffer...as much as i did. 

Mrs Lee knocked on the door and the door creaked when she opened it. Her gaze fell upon a figure of her daughter heads down on the study desk. She crepted beside her daughter and her hair out of her face. " Kyung Ri ah, its morning already. Time for school. " 

" Umma...its morning already? " Kyung Ri yawned and stretched, feeling a little sore for not sleeping properly. 

" Yes baby, go wash up quickly. " she patted Kyung Ri who went back to sleep. " C'mon..." 

" Umma... how i wish i do not need to attend school..." Kyung Ri sighed and was instantly worried if her mother was going to be mad at her statement. 

" Silly, if you don't attend school, how are you going to take over appa's business in the future? " Mrs Lee grinned. 

Just like many parents out there, Mr and Mrs Lee only wanted the best for their daughter, or what they thought was the best. They had pinned high hopes on Kyung Ri eversince she was young, hoping that one day she'll take over their business and support them when they retire. Since young, Kyung Ri made sure she met up to her parents expectations and not disappointing them even when she knew what they did was not what she wanted in life. 

" I understand umma. I...I was just saying. " Kyung Ri let her head drop back and shook it despairingly. 

" Okay let's leave this for another time. You do not have all the time in the world. Breakfast is already waiting downstairs. " 

Kyung Ri brushed her long wavy hair and pulled them back into a low ponytail. She then wore a dress that hung around her shin matched with a basic cardigan. She propped her glasses on, grabbed her notes and stuffed them into her bag and made her way downstairs. 

" Good Morning appa! " 

" Good Morning! " Mr Lee beamed, taking his gaze off the newspapers. " Looking good today my dear! " 

" Appa, this is what i wear everyday! " Kyung Ri could not help but blush a little at the compliment thrown at her. 

" My daughter is always so beautiful. " He added. " So when are you coming to the office to help me? " He took a sip of his coffee.

Kyung Ri grabbed a slice of toast and stuffed them into . " I don't know appa. Let's talk about it again when i graduate. " 

" You are right. Right now all you need to do is focus and get your diploma. Everything else can wait. " 

" Yes sir. " She laughed. " Oh i'm going to be late! " She lied. It was only 7am and school does not start till 8am. Well technically 8am but considering the fact that her class settles down, she still have and extra 30minutes. 

" Take care and be careful! " Mrs Lee reminded, not wanting the same thing to happen on her beloved daughter again.

" I will~ " Kyung Ri echoed after slipping on a pair of low-cut converse and closed the gates. 

 

The bus to Jusang arrived a little earlier today, well its also partially cause she left house earlier today. Kyung Ri boarded the bus and sat at her usual window seat. Coincidentally, Kai, the new student in her class, boarded the bus at the third stop. By the time the bus reached the third stop, it was already partially full, leaving one seat available beside Kyung Ri. When Kai boarded the bus, he immediately noticed Kyung Ri. He wanted to just stand by the poles throughout the entire journey but somehow he found himself making his way to the seat next to her. As the bus drove along the route towards Jusang, the tired Kyung Ri soon doze off lying on the stranger's shoulder next to her. When her head reached his shoulders, Kai was a little shocked. 

" Um...Kyung Ri-sshi ... " He tapped her head gently and Kyung Ri wriggled her nose. He quickly put his hands back down afraid that his actions will wake her.

Kai looked down on the face lying on his shoulders and could not help but felt a pang of nostalgia, Memories of how he and his ex-girlfriend use to share listening to the same set of earphones, how she use to lie on his chest and listen to his heartbeat like it was her favourite music, how it was like them against the world came crashing down on him. How can you treat me like as though you do not know me? I'm just right here. Have you forgotten everything that we use to have? The bittersweet memories... It''s not fair how you have gotten over me so fast and there i am, still stuck here, unable to move on.

The bus reached Jusang shortly thereafter and Kai tapped Kyung Ri's shoulders lightly. " Kyung Ri-sshi...wake up. We have reached. "

" Umma...let me sleep a little longer..." 

" Umma? " He let out a slight laugh. " Yah, i'm not your umma. I'm Kai. " He quickly regained his seriousness. 

" Kai...Who's Kai? " She asked drowsily. " Kai...Kai ?!? " Kyung Ri shot up and look at the person whom she thought was her umma. Kai stretched his shoulders and Kyung Ri realized that she have been sleeping on his shoulders throughout the entire journey. Kai moved to alight and Kyung Ri was following close behind him. 

" I'm sorry! " She did a 45degree bow. " I didn't mean to...to sleep on your shoulders. They must have hurt. I'm so sorry. " She aplogized. 

" It's okay. " Kai rubbed the back of his neck, letting out a slight smile. 

Even though Kai was the new student in Jusang, he already have his own fan club in school. It was unbelievable but yes that is how crazy the girls were. Just when the both of them step foot into the school compound, girls was already beginning to crowd around them. 

" Good Morning Kai oppa! " A girl beamed at him. Kai turned to look at the girl's name tag that reads ' Yuri ' .

Kai nodded at her and quicken his footsteps. Oh gosh will they just leave me alone. Damn it. 

Unfortunately for Kyung Ri, she was not even interested in Kai and yet she was trapped within their circle. " Excuse me " She tried making her way out of the circle of fan girls but to no avail. Just then, screams could be heard as though a major superstar arrived in Jusang. Yup you've guessed correctly. The one who could make girls scream like that was non other than Luhan, the prince of Jusang. 

" Good morning oppa! " A girl followed him.

" Good morning! " He replied with a smile. 

" Luhan oppa, you're so charmy! " Another screamed. 

" Thank you! " He grinned. Oh puh-lease, i'm the prince of Jusang, if i'm not charming, who is? 

As he made his way into school, he bumped into Kyung Ri. He accidentally tripped over her legs causing him to fall with her. Due to the impact, Kyung Ri had fallen on her knees and there was a  wound on her knees. Upon seeing that, fan girls screamed while rushing over to help their prince up, while taking the chance to let their prince know of their presence. 

" Ow..." Kyung Ri felt a sting on her knees. 

" Hey can't you look at where you are going? You caused me to fall with you and do you know how much this outfit cost? " He was huffing with anger. 

Kyung Ri saw a slight blood stain on her dress and pulled her dress a little higher only to find a wound on her knees. She blew her knees and was not even the least interested in what Luhan was saying. 

" Yah, i'm talking to you! Look at me! Why are you so rude?! " Luhan was so close to losing his temper. Afterall it was his first time embarrassing himself in front of his fans. 

Kyung Ri then stood up carefully not wanting to hurt her knee any further. She looked at Luhan in the eyes before making her way back to class, limping. Seeing the girl in front of him limping, Luhan felt a little remorseful and wanted to go forward to help her but he took the idea back. Why should i help her. She made me embarrass myself infront of so many people. Forget it, i don't even know who she is. 

 

" Kyung Ri! " A voice rang through the hallways. Then came a petite figure pushing her way through the crowd. There Dara was noticing Kyung Ri limping her way to class. 

" Omg Kyung Ri are you alright? What happened? " She quickly help Kyung Ri stable herself. 

" Nothing. " She shook her head. " I had a fall. " 

" Why are you so careless! Come i'll help you to the first aid. " She guided Kyung Ri towards the first aid centre. 

" Hey I'm fine Dara. Hurry go back to class! Lessons are starting already! " She stopped Dara in her tracks.

" But...your knee needs help, Kyung Ri. You can't just leave it..." 

" I'm fine Dara. Really. " She interupted her. Dara left after making sure that Kyung Ri was fine to walk by herself. 

 

As soon as she step foot into the classroom, she already noticed Luhan and his followers were already in class sitting around.

" Do you guys know how embarassing it was? I mean i can't even..." Luhan growled. 

" You fell? Wow i wish i was there to witness it dude. " Chanyeol, the tall one roared with laughter. 

" Seriously yeol, you need to maintain that laughter. " Luhan frowned, obviously not happy at what they were laughing at. 

" Lu ge, its okay! We all have embarrassing moments! " The bubbly one named Xiumin patted his shoulders. 

" Xiumin, at least our moments weren't in front of the whole school. " Baekhyun added like it wasn't bad enough. 

" Guys, give Luhan a break. " Kris could not control that smile. 

" Are you guys with me or not? Its already bad enough and you guys are still mocking at me? " Luhan complained. 

" Fine fine. Guys let's stop this okay. " Chen smiled. " For now. " 

Kyung Ri had to walk past their seat in order to head to her own. She did not eavesdrop on their conversation, it was just too loud. Even though Kyung Ri barely know Luhan, she already disliked him. She knew exactly how it wasn't her fault entirely that made Luhan fell. It was his fault partially. He didn't look where he was going and when he turned...the accident already happened. How dare he make me to be the bad guy when he have faults too? Jerk. 

When Kyung Ri walked past, Luhan turned to look at the girl who he never took notice of before. She was limping and that was all it takes to make him know who she was. Its her. One moment he felt guilty and yet the next he felt pissed. He knew it himself that it wasn't her fault entirely and yet he made it seem like it. If Kyung Ri could take the blame, he saw no reason why he should take it off her. 

" Okay class, listen up. " Mrs Jung looked at the class. It took awhile for everyone to acknowledge her presence. " Today i will be splitting you guys up for your first class project work. " She announced. 

" Ugh project work. C'mon, do we have to do it necessarily? " A student whined. 

" Can we choose our partners? " Xiumin asked. " I want to do with Lu g... LuHan though..." He pouted. 

" Listen to me. For this project, i will choose your partners for you. There's too much segregation going on in this class. The girls and the guys... " She frowned. " Now i will arrange you up. Amber with Baekhyun, Chanyeol with Yona, Kris with Tiffany, Xiumin with Sunny, Chen with Seohyun, Luhan with Naeun, Eunhyuk with Hyori...so you 2 will be in a group. " 

" Its so unfair! Both of them are already class partners. Why do they get to do project work together again? " Yona protested. 

" My decision is final. " Mrs Jung emphasized. " Now i want you guys to move and sit with your project partner. " She ordered. The class then reluctantly move to find their partners. 

" For the project, it will be a 5 minutes speech on the topic your group have choosen, so first come first serve. I don't care what topic you will choose but no overlapping of topics will be allowed. All groups will have to give me your topic by the end of lesson today and your group can start discussing about it. " 

Kai looked at Kyung Ri and already thought of the perfect topic he wanted to do. Kyung Ri knew she was going to accept whatever topic that either of them have suggested. She did not mind as long as it was doable. 

" Shall we do on love? " 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I'm so sorry guys! I took so long to freaking update. You know exams are in like 2 days time >.< Wish me luck! I guess i might take a little longer for the next chapter! Anyway hope you guys like this chapter and please remember to read, subscribe and hopefully upvote. Thank you ! *pops champagne*