Jealousy

Missing Piece

It was during the lunch period where Kyung Ri found herself wondering towards the school's garden. As she sat in the duo swing, she saw a familiar figure sitting along the benches. Hmm...his backview looks kind of familiar... She stood up and walk towards person who was sitting alone. "Luhan?" Her voice went a little higher, a little shock at who she saw. 

The guy turned and frowned. " What are you doing here?" 

"Nothing. I was just...wondering around and managed to come here." 

"Scram." 

Kyung Ri looked at the guy in front of her with dark brown eyes. He seemed so...irritated. "Why? Can't we share this place? I promise i won't bother you."

Luhan ran his fingers through his hair and exhaled. "Fine. Go over to the other side and don't bother me."

Kyung Ri nodded and quickly moved back to the spot she originally was at. Kyung Ri took out her ipod and plug it in. Her favourite piece of music came along and she closed her eyes to rest. She dreamt that she was in a mist of clouds and rainbows. She was surrounded with so much happiness and suddenly the place turned pitch black with spotlights on her. Then Kai came into the scene and said, "Kyung Ri, choose me. You know how much it means to me." Then when she was about to walk over, Luhan came in and screamed, "No! Lee Kyung Ri, you're mine and only mine. Come over here." Then a gun suddenly appeared in her hands and a voice boomed. "Choose one of them and kill the other person. Or both of them will die." Facing with such decision, Kyung Ri looked at the 2 guys standing in front of her and over at the gun. She can't kill them. She can't let them die, not because of her. She then place the gun at her forehead and a gunshot was heard. 

Kyung Ri screamed and woke up. She was breathing heavily as she scanned the surroundings. Okay it's just a dream. Nothing is wrong. She calmed herself and found Luhan looking over at her direction. "Are you okay?" He asked. 

"Ye...yeah i'm fine. Thanks." She looked away. That dream felt so real...but why the both of them?

Kyung Ri was lost in her thoughts when Luhan stood up and walk over to Kyung Ri. He saw perspiration on Kyung Ri's forehead and he reached to his pocket and took out a piece of tissue paper and wipe her perspiration for her. Startled, Kyung Ri flinched. "What...are you doing? " 

" Well...nothing. I just...forget it." He crushed the pieced of tissue and walked away. 

He is being weird today. Ugh forget it. He is weird. Kyung Ri looked at her watch and realize it was time for the next lesson so she hurried back to class. As she went back to class, Kai was already sitting in his seat. He looked up, smile and wave towards her direction. Kyung Ri was a little stunned at the action. Is he waving to me or...? She turned back to check if Kai was just waving to someone behind her. She then quickly move to her seat. Kai's action won the whispers among the class as several girls were frowning at Kyung Ri. 

" What the heck? Did Kai just wave to her? " said a student named Vic.

" Yea. Who the hell is she?" another just rolled her eyes.

" He barely acknowledges our presence and yet he is smiling at her? " Vic was fanning herself with her hand as she was furious. 

Kai looked at Kyung Ri and continue smiling. "Is there something on my face?" Kyung Ri asked.

Kai shook his head and replied, "Nope" 

" Then why are you smiling at me?" She eyed at him.

"I can smile to whoever I want. Get that? Silly." He reached out to ruffle Kyung Ri's hair. 

Kyung Ri was a little stunned but she could not help but smile back at Kai. Just then, Luhan stepped into class and his eyes immediately darted towards Kyung Ri and Kai. All he saw was a smiling Kyung Ri and Kai looking at each other. For no apparent reason, what he saw only added on to his irritation. 

" Luhan should we go out after school?" Vic was batting her eyelids at him.

" I'm not in the mood." Luhan barely even looked at her.

" What's the matter oppa? You can tell me. " She reached towards his arms.

Luhan flinched and moved his arms. " No. Just stay away from me." 

" Oppa! You're so mean! " She casually hit his arms.

" I SAID STAY AWAY! WHICH WORD DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? " Luhan raised his voice.

The class suddenly became quiet and all attention was on Luhan and Vic. "Op...oppa, did you just scream at me?" Vice was close to tears. 

" WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND? " Luhan was angry now. He slammed the table causing Vic to jump a little and he marched right out of class.

" Luhan! Where are you going!" Baekhyun called after him.

" Luhan! Hey!" Chanyeol stood up ready to follow him. 

" Don't follow me." Luhan scowled before exiting the classroom doors.

" Young men, where are you going? Class is starting! " Miss Jung said as she stepped foot into class.

Luhan just left without giving her a reason. She just shook her head like there's nothing she could do to Luhan as his father is one of the major shareholders in Jusang High. Vic broke into tears as she ran out of class. " Okay i have no idea what happened. " Miss Jung raised her voice. " I don't care and we are going to continue lesson without them. " 

----

 

The last lesson was finally over. Students were all flooding the hallway as Kai and Kyung Ri sat in class waiting for the crowd to clear. 

"Let me ask you a riddle." Kai initiated the talk as he could not stand the silence between the both of them.

Kyung Ri nod her head motioning him to continue. 

"So one day a green bean fell out of love and he was really really sad as he wanted to end his life. So he went to the top of a building ready to end his life. " He said as his gaze was on Kyung Ri. " And so he jumped right off the building. What did he become?" 

"Um...dead?" Kyung Ri guessed. 

"Nope. Second chance! " 

"I have no idea! " She bit her lip. " A flat bean?" She shrugged and looked over at Kai waiting for his answer.

" Nope! Give up? " 

Kyung Ri nods. " He hit the ground and was bleeding so he became a red bean! " 

Kyung Ri chuckled at his answer. She genuinely find it creative. " That is so not funny. " She tried to regain her composure.

" Then why are you laughing? " Kai inched a little closer towards her and grinned.

" I'm not! " Suddenly she felt her heart raced as Kai moved closer. 

Suddenly Dara burst through the doors and called, "Kyung Ri!" and her gaze fell on Kai, who was smiling at Kyung Ri. Her shoulders fell as she saw how close Kai was towards Kyung Ri.

Both Kyung Ri and Kai turned to look at Dara before Kai started packing his stuff, ready to leave. " See ya. " Kai slung his bag over his shoulders and left. 

Dara braced herself and smiled at Kai who was coming her way. All she got was a cold stare and her shoulders fell when he left. She then walk towards Kyung Ri. " What were you two talking about? " Dara asked as she rest her face on her palms. 

" Nothing. He just asked me to guess a riddle. It was...stupid. " She shrugged. 

" Really? " She looked at Kyung Ri. " I mean he was smiling at you. It was so...unusual to see him smile. He is always cold when he is around me. " Dara sighed.

" Don't worry. I believe he will open his heart towards you! " Kyung Ri beamed as she pat Dara's back. 

Dara pouted as her mind brought her to the scene that she witnessed earlier on. Kai initiated a talk with Kyung Ri and after exchanging a few words, he smiled at her. The distance between the both of them was...unexplainable. Kyung Ri never lets anyone except Dara to be close to her and there Kai was, leaning so close. What was Kyung Ri thinking? And most importantly, what was Kai thinking? Dara could feel this tinge of pain in her heart. Why is Kyung Ri letting Kai so close to her? Is Kai interested in her? Is she interested in Kai? What am i lacking? Why doesn't he treat me like Kyung Ri? Dara thought as she burried her face into her hands. She was definitely jealous of Kyung Ri but she don't want to hate her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Omg i'm so sorry guys. This is such a lousy chapter. *Buries head in hands and cry.* 

I've been busy with some stuff lately and barely have the time to update on a new chapter but i don't want you guys to wait too long so i tried. Ugh guess i did not try hard enough then. *Burst into tears* 

I promise i will write a better chapter the next time alright! Till then! Xoxo

As usual, big thank you to readers and subbies! Love all of you to the moon and back!