Confession

Missing Piece

Kyung Ri stepped into class today and she felt a weird aura. Maybe it was just because Kai was staring at her. She slowly made her way to her desk and Kai was still looking at her. "What? Is there something wrong with my face today?" Kyung Ri asked as she cupped her face. Kai tore his gaze away. "No. I just think you look beautiful today." 

Kyung Ri's face flushed red. Real red. She just stared at the table. Did he just compliment me? Wait, am i supposed to feel happy? "You know, you look pretty cute when you blush." He hurled another compliment. This time, it wasn't just her face. Her heart was thumping so loud she swear if the class was any quieter Kai would have heard it. "You're being really weird today." She managed. 

"No its just that its only today that i realize how beautiful you are." Kai smirked.

Kyung Ri looked over at Kai. Is this guy mad? What's wrong with him. "Okay...thanks?" She had absolutely no idea how to react to that comment.

Kai turned and was about to say something when Mr Choi interupted. "Class, please settle down. Take out the tutorials that i have assigned you guys to do. Let's go through the first question. If X to the power of 2 is the square root of M800 divided by the twelfth root of 130078A..." His voice was drowned out by Kyung Ri's thoughts. Kai...does he like me or something. Why is he complimenting me? Wait what if he does? What am i supposed to do. Do i like him as much? But he helped me and maybe i should feel something for him. Oh my gosh somebody help me. Will it be okay if i tell Dara? But she seems interested in Kai too...oh god Kai you need to get out of my head. 

"Hello...Kyung Ri?" Kai waved in front of Kyung Ri. "Anybody there?" He gently knocked her head. 

His actions snapped Kyung Ri out of her thoughts. "Oh what is it?"

"Mr Choi asked us to pair up and talk about the discussion question. He wants an answer later on." 

"Oh...okay. So have you got an answer?" 

"No...? This is a discussion question where we are supposed to discuss. How do you think i'm supposed to have the answer before hand, silly." 

It was the word he added behind his comment. Silly. It isin't a big deal to anyone but somehow to Kyung Ri, it was. It was like a term or name or nickname someone would give another when they are close, like real close. "I'm not silly. And don't give me nicknames on your own accord." She bit back.

"Wow fiesty. I didn't know you had that in you. C'mon its just a name, no big deal." Kai flipped his pen and started scibbling some stuff.

I guess he is right. Why am i reacting like that. Oh gosh. "Fine. Let's discuss the question then." 

 

----

The third period ended and it was lunch break. "Hey i got something to tell you. Meet me at the garden after school." 

"For wh...what? Can't you say it now?" Kyung Ri was a little scared about meeting him.

"Secret." He winked, making Kyung Ri's heart skip a beat. He then grabbed his bag and left. On his way out, he bumped into Dara who was a little too excited upon seeing him.

"Oh hi Kai!" She smiled and waved to him.

"You just want a response from me before you can get off my back? Well then hi to you." He scowled at her.

"Hey don't need to be so fiesty. I just want to say hi."

"But i don't want anything to do with you. You're such a pain in the neck." He retorted and turned to leave.

"Wait." She grabbed his arm, feeling his muscles. "Are you free after school? I have something to tell you."

"No i'm not. You can tell me now." 

"It's a secret! Just meet me at the school's rooftop at..." She glanced at her watch. "3.30pm okay? See you!" She burst into the classroom.

Kai shook his head and left. He was a little curious at what she wanted to tell him. Well it can't be anything good since he dislike her so much. 

"Kyung Ri ah!" 

"Yah Sandara Park! How many times must i tell you?" Kyung Ri frowned. She dislike Dara to call her name out loud like this but it was beginning to be a routine that she was getting used to.

"Aiish there's no one here. Its fine. "

"But still! Okay i'm done. Let's get going."

"Wait wait wait. I got something to tell you." A wide smile flashed across her face.

"What now?" 

"I think i might be interested in someone." She blush a little.

"Really? Who?" Kyung Ri was curious who the lucky guy was to make her best friend interested.

"...Kai." 

"What?!? That guy? He is seriously weird. How can you even take a liking to that guy?" Kyung Ri was still irritated how he called her 'Silly'. 

"But he is interesting to me. And i'm going to confess to him later on after school." 

"Dara are you sure? You barely know him! " 

"Yes and i am damned sure this guy is the right guy for me if he accepts me. C'mon how long has it been since i last took a liking for a guy? Be happy for me Kyung Ri or are you just jealous?" Dara playfully tapped her arm.

"Jealous? " Somehow the fact that Dara was interested in Kai made Kyung Ri feel uncomfortable. "Certainly...not" 

"Well then, wish me luck!" Dara squeezed Kyung Ri's hands and led her out. 

Kyung Ri felt a little weird inside. Am i really jealous? God...what am i thinking? I should be happy for her but why do i feel so...unhappy? Shouldn't i be happy for her? Dara likes Kai and she's pretty, he's handsome and they will be the best couple in Jusang so i should be happy. Kyung Ri wake up and be happy for them. Stop being such a baby. 

 

----

From: Kyung Ri

So you ask me to meet you and where are you?

 

From: Kai

I'm sorry something cropped up and i can't be there. Tell you next time.

 

Kyung Ri exited the message app and pushed her phone back into her pocket. Well they duo exchanged number because they had to contact each other for the project. I wonder what he wants to tell me. Oh forget it. I shall go to the library and research on the project. 

 

----

 

"Okay so what do you want to say." Kai's voiced was deep and loud in the surrounding.

"Oh you're here!" Dara turned. 

"Quick, i don't have all day." Kai placed his hands in his pockets and seemed a little irritated.

"Okay so here goes." Dara exhaled. "I like you. I mean i'm interested in you so let's go out." 

Kai was taken aback at the sudden confession. "Like me? For god's sake, you barely know me." 

"Wow you said the exact thing as Kyung Ri. Great chemistry there." Dara was putting up a strong front at the rejection.

"Oh really?" Kai could imagine Kyung Ri saying that. "I already have someone in mind." 

Dara's shoulder sank in disappointment. "Well then i wish you all the best with her." She pursed her lips before walking straight ahead. She cannot bear to be in the same space as someone who just rejected her. 

Kai then headed towards the library to complete his project before heading for dance practice. He certainly wants to do his best in his interest like who doesn't. He made his vows to be the best dancer in Korea. He wants his parents to see how well he was doing with his interest. He wasn't interested in his parent's business and certainly didn't want to take over them. Kai's parents never agreed to let him pursue his dreams and interest in dance. They felt that it was useless and was not something that the society would accept him for. They forced him to drop dance and that made Kai leave home and move out alone.  

 

----

Buzz...buzz...

From: Dara

Kyung Ri ah...I'm so upset right now TT_TT

 

From: Kyung Ri

What happened? He didn't take the confession well?

 

From: Dara

Should've listened to you. I'm so embarrassed now. 

 

From: Kyung Ri

Aiissh. This is what you get for not listening to me. Cheer up darling there will be better guys worth your time.

 

From: Dara

Thanks babe. Well i don't know when will that day arrive. I mean look at Kai, he's so perfect. He's great with studies, and i found out he can dance and and he's so charming. Its the perfect combination for any girls. I just...ugh forget it.

 

Kyung Ri smiled at her phone and went back to her research. Soon enough she had been reading and researching for about 3 hours now. Her eyes start to feel heavy as she place her head against her arm. Just then a pair of arms reach out and place a jacket over her. "Don't catch a cold or i be heartbroken." The person whispered before turning to leave. Kyung Ri opened her eyes wearily when she felt something over her body. " Kai? Thank you." She mumbled before she went back into her chamber of dreams. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's notes:

I'm so sorry i'm taking so long to update a new chapter. I've been reading alot lately so that i can improve on my writing skills and present better stories/chapters for you guys! Oh and if you're wondering what books i'm reading currently they are 

#1: Divergent

#2: The fault in our stars

#3: Everyday

#4: Blue eyes devil

#5: Flawless

Hehe you guys can go and read on them as i'm certain they are really interesting! Alright i'll talk to you guys again in the next chapter! 

Once again, thank you to my subbies and readers! Hope you all enjoyed these few chapter! See ya!