CHAPTER 8 – “THANK YOU”

"Because It's You"

Jaebum got up on his bed. He still remembered what happened yesterday, unknowingly, he smiled at himself. He did his morning routines and got off to school. On the other hand Soojin got up late, and rushed to do her morning routines.

 

At school Jaebum couldn’t stay still he kept glancing outside his classroom door waiting for Soojin to arrive.

He kept thinking about what to say, act and even planned to treat her lunch.

He noticed Soojin had already arrived. Lucky for her to arrive late without their professor, which was unusual. She sat down and immediately dunked her head on her desk. Jaebum found it cute he was about to ruffle her hair but he stopped himself, and just chuckled.

He tapped her shoulder and said, “Hey, I, ugh, Good morning, are you okay?”

“No, I’m lacking sleep, and in any second my head will explode.” She rolled her eyes and huffed.

Jaebum remembered this kind of situation before, this happened when she drinks coffee. Too much caffeine makes her wide awake and steals her sleep.

“You drank coffee right?”

She muffled Yeah.”. And “How did you…”

“I just remembered the last time you tried to drink from my coffee when we were still… you know.” He said and scratched the back of his head, his and Soojin’s face flushing. Soojin looked away from him, ’He still remembers.’

Jinyoung arrived with Jaerin both of them looking awkward with each other. They both sat down quietly, another unusual thing.

Their attention was grabbed when the class president stood up and told the whole class that the Professor will not be arriving, and of course that means FREE TIME!. All students cheered.

They started to exit the rooms, the four of them quietly walked through the hallway when Soojin spoke,

“So… where to go?” the three of them looked at each other.

“Me and Jaerin will go to the school office.” Jinyoung said.

“We need to continue the punishment”

“Yeah… ugh, will meet you at lunch.”

“Oh, okay.” Soojin replied. Then Jinyoung and Jaerin left, leaving the two of them, again.

Jaebum cleared his throat, “Should we do the tutoring now?”

“We have nothing to do anyways, well let’s go the library.”

_________________________________________________________________________________

Actually they didn’t do the tutoring instead they browsed different kind of books inside the library. Jaebum was reading The Guinness Book of World Records and laughing at those weird things he saw in it, and then he spotted the article that says “World’s Biggest Nose”. They made a small argument about it and even fought about who had a better nose. They were enjoying their time so much that the librarian advised them to please go out, because they are disturbing people inside the library. And they transferred at the nearby park, still talking about how funny this and that goes.

As they sat down on the wooden bench, then Jaebum blurted out, ”Hey. I hope we can be like this always, just like the old days.” Suddenly the Soojin’s expression became cold, the thought about their past made her heart cringe, thinking that it so easy for him to go back despite of what had happened. Jaebum looked down and just realized what he had said, “I’m sorry I didn’t mean…” He didn’t mean to bring up the past.

“I forgive you.” Jaebum looked at her in confusion.

“I had forgiven you for a long time, but please don’t expect that we are going back together like the past.”

 Soojin said and looked at him with teary eyes.

Jaebum breathe in and held her hand, “Do you want to know the reason why I left?”

Soojin sensed the sincerity in Jaebum’s shaky voice, so she told him to continue. Jaebum told her everything from the day his parents died, how hard it was for him to leave her, how the world seem to blackened, how he cannot accept his parents death, and how stupid he is to not to tell her and not having the courage to say this. At that moment Jaebum broke down in front of her repeating how sorry he was for everything, while it took time for Soojin to register everything and cried, “I admit that I thought you did not trust me and that what killed me the most, but after hearing what you said I felt guilty for hating you, I really sorry too Jaebum, sorry.”

Then she hugged Jaebum who is still crying out of happiness, and that he had told her the truth, he felt really relieved. After a few moments Jaebum broke the hug and calmed himself.

He looked at Soojin and held her face, “Thank you for forgiving me.” she just smiled at him.

“And I still love you.” Soojin was shocked and everything fell silent, Jaebum took his hands off from her face and he stood up, “I will not force you to love me back, but I will do my best win you and prove you that I really deserve your love.” He then turned his back and walked away, on the other hand Soojin’s tears fell as she was heard what he had said and made up her mind, he will give him a chance. She hurried to reach him; Jaebum noticed that someone is behind him so he turned around to see Soojin running towards him.

As soon as Soojin reached him she calmed herself and said, “About what you said, I’m giving you a chance.” Out of happiness Jaebum lifted and spun her around, then he put her down and hugged her tightly, whispering, ”Thank you.”

 

 

 

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

this is kind of sloppy but.. yey i've updated... :3