CHAPTER 01- “A FRESH GOOD START”

"Because It's You"

*FLASHBACK*

“Come in Jaebum, the door is not locked.” Soojin called out from the kitchen.

“Soojin I have something to tell you.” Jaebum said, his voice seemed unusual.

Soojin came out from the kitchen, looking confused with Jaebum’s sudden gloom.

“Are you okay?” Soojin asked.

He hugged her tightly. Tears started to form in his eyes, but he quickly wiped it.

“I have to leave.” He said while caressing her hair, taking every moment.

“What are you talking about Jaebum? Is there something wrong?” she pulled back from the hugged and held Jaebum’s face.

He took her hands and held them, holding back his tears until he let them drop.

“Jaebum… just tell me.”, now Soojin had tears in her eyes.

“I’m sorry.” he managed to say it without quiver in his voice.

He cupped her face staring deeply into her glassy eyes. He kissed her forehead, then her eyes, her nose and planted a passionate kiss on her lips.

”I’LL ALWAYS LOVE YOU SOOJIN.”, that’s what he said after the kiss, then he turned back leaving a confused, broken-hearted Han Soojin.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

“Soojin-ah, open the door please.” Jaerin her best friend called out from her door.

 

“Soojin-ah, if you wont open this freakin’ door, I’ll ruin it!” Jaerin said with a firm and concerned tone. Soojin has never been like this before, she is always that loud, cheerful, energetic and the funniest person you’ll ever know. But it all disappeared when Jaebum left her. It burdened her for almost a year, her life turned upside down, messy and out of reach. But Jaerin her childhood friend, best friend and sister was always there, pulling her up and encouraging her to continue life when she feels like giving up, her twin soul.

Jaerin went inside Soojin’s room. As usual she’s on her crying mode. Jaerin was pretty worried that Soojin might do something on herself, that’s why she managed to visit and call her every day.

Jaerin sat beside her on the bed hushing her.

 

“Jaerin-ah, why does it hurt so much?”Soojin said between her sniffs.

“Soojin-ah, please…” Jaerin held her shaking shoulders.

“My heart just went numb.” She said clutching her chest.

“It’s been a year Soojin-ah, if he’s the one for you he’ll come back. Please Soojin, you’re wasting time. You’ve got to move on live a new life; I’m here to help you. We’re sisters right?” Jaerin said with a hopeful tone.

“You’re right. I just have to move on. I’ll try.” She said wiping her tears away and putting back that smile she wore casually before.

“Let’s do this together Han Soojin. Fighting!” then Jaerin crushed Soojin in a tight hug.

“Thank you Jaerin-ah.” She said to Jaerin.

 

 

The next day Soojin woke up differently. She felt refreshed and alive than before, thanks to Jaerin. She got up from her bed and opened the windows. The sunshine glowed on her face and she grinned, “I’ll be back on track!”

Then she did her morning routines and got ready to go to school. It was the first day of her Senior Year.

She rode the escalator down and met Jaerin at the entrance of the apartment she’s staying. Just like the old days, they would wait for each other and go to school, study and have fun together.

And soon as they entered the school gates they both greeted the school guard. They walked to their classrooms, the students got shocked with Soojin’s change of attitude. She greets everyone she meets. Others were glad about it but some thought it was weird.

“It’s so good to be back again Jaerin-ah” she said as they were about to enter their room. Jaerin nodded in agreement. “Good morning Ms. Jung” they both said infront of their teacher.

“Oh. Good morning to you too. You look good today Soojin also you Jaerin.” Their teacher responded.

“I do look good everyday Ms. Jung!” Jaerin replied rolling her eyes playfully and flipped her hair.

Soojin and their teacher laughed at her. “Soojin it’s good to see you smiling again.” Her teacher said.

“Thank you Ms. Jung, it’s nice to see you again.” She said with a big smile.

 

Just then the school bell rang signaling the start of the first day of class. As usual she and Jaerin sat together at the last row. The class started from introductions and a bit of lesson previews. The class was fun and fast, they got to know more about their classmates and made friends with them. After school they went to their favorite hangout place, a café near their school. They both ordered what they usually eat there, Waffles with Ice-cream and Frozen Yogurt. They did all the things they missed together. That day was really a fresh good start.