CHAPTER 03 – “AGAIN”

"Because It's You"

Almost three weeks of school had passed and everything was going well for Soojin, maybe. She was fine emotionally but not totally, she could still feel that pang of pain whenever she thinks about Jaebum.  She sighed and closed her notes, she was reminiscing instead of studying. Jaerin had left an hour ago from their study session, but it became more like a gossip session about the new student in their class which is her cousin.

 

*FLASHBACK*

“Soojin! Soojin!” Jaerin panted as she ran up to her clutching her things.

Soojin just chuckled at her cuteness and ruffled her hair.

“Yah Soojin, don’t do that am not a dog!” she complained.

“But you’re so cute, I can’t help it.” Soojin said pinching Jaerins cheeks

“Hey am older than you so stop treating me like your younger sister.” Jaerin responded pouting and crossing her arms.

Soojin put her hands up in a surrendering gesture and putting up her most innocent face. After a few seconds they burst out laughing with each other. Then suddenly the bell rang and they hurried up to their classroom.

 

As usual they listened half-heartedly to what their teacher was saying until…

“Class we will be having a new pupil here.” Ms. Jung announced and then the whole class whispered and talked about whatever. But Soojin and Jaerin just stared at each other and started cracking up again completely ignoring them.

Ms. Jung called the whole class’ attention by tapping the table, then everyone paid attention again.

“Well I should introduce him, but I think he can handle it himself.” Then Ms. Jung gestured someone to come in.

Everyone went silent as he entered the room. “Tell us about yourself dear.” Ms. Jung said and sat on her seat.

 

“Hi. I am, Park Jinyoung. 18.” he started off really cool that the girls started squealing and fan boying over him. “I grew up in the States but I‘m a pure Korean. I like to play Basketball; I can also sing and dance. Err… that’s all thanks.”

He ended up his introduction with a wink that caused the whole class (especially the girls) to start being noisy again.

Ms.Jung stood up and tapped her table again ”Well let’s get back to our lessons, and Jinyoung you can sit where ever you like to, please be comfortable.” Jinyoung sat next to Soojin and Jaerin at the last row.

He grinned at Soojin and she playfully rolled her eyes at him.

“What are you doing here you brat.” Soojin grunted and pointed at him.

“Of course am here to study, isn’t it obvious.” Jinyoung responded sniggering at her.

Soojin just snorted back and crossed her arms and turned her attention to the teacher.

“Aw… didn’t you missed me little cousin?” Jinyoung said which made Soojin to stifle a laugh and faced him again, this time with a happy expression. “Of course how could I never missed my annoying cousin.”

She said then knocked his head with her hand playfully.

“Ouch hey!” he held his head and acted like it hurt so much and Soojin just chuckled at his expression and told him

”Hey we should continue talking later after class.” He nodded and said, “Yeah sure.”

Jaerin on the other hand over heard them and tapped Soojin’s shoulders and ask her whats happening but Soojin said she will explain it later, and Jaerin looked at her with a confused expression. Soojin rolled her eyes and wrote something on a piece of paper and handed it to Jaerin, it said “I’ll tell you sumthin’ later, okay.” Jaerin looked at her and mouthed a “Whatever” at Soojin.

At the end of the class Soojin,Jaerin and Jinyoung met at the school Café. Soojin began explainging to Jaerin that she and Jinyoung were cousins and everything that happened between them. But Soojin made Jaerin promise not to tell anyone about this.

 

*END OF FLASHBACK*

 

She decided to pass by the grocery shop to buy something and then her phone rang. It was Jinyoung.

Jinyoung: “hey Soojin where are you?”

Soojin: “im at the grocery store, why?”

Jinyoung: “can I fetch you, coz Mom wants to see you.”

Soojin: “Oh. Sure. Just wait for me at the parking lot.”

Jinyoung: “okay bye.”

After their conversation she continued to pick up items she need. She was excited to meet her aunt (Jinyoung’s mom), it has been many years since the last time she saw her with her mother. Her aunt and her mother both managed their family company after her grandparents passed away. Thinking about her aunt, makes her think abbot her mother, how she missed her and how she wished they could see each other again, but that was impossible because her mother was really busy. She sighed at that thought and continued. After paying for the groceries she hurried down the parking lot and scanned for Jinyoung’s car. She beamed when she saw it on other lane, she was about to cross when a car sudedenly came out of the intersection she was crossing.

Out of shock she just froze there and dropped the grocery bags she was holding to cover her face. She heard the wheels screeching and the sound of a loud beep. She waited for something painful to hit her but there was nothing. She uncovered her eyes and opened them; she was standing in front of a red car which was barely an inch or two away from her. Her heart was beating rapidly. Then the car door opened and she was completely surprised at what she saw. It was Jaebum, the one she loved, who broke her heart and the one who left her with no explanation. She was shocked and just frozen in place, she didn’t know what to do or say. Jaebum was much more surprised to see her. Their eyes met and stared at each other. He didn’t know what to do. He was about to say something when suddenly Jinyoung came out and shook Soojin out of her daze. Soojin blinked a couple of times before muttering what happened. Jinyoung turned at Jaebum who was still baffled.

”Hey dude, you could have killed her are you stupid!” Jinyoung spat out.

“I… I’m sorry I didn’t…” but jinyoung did not let him finish what he was saying.

“Whatever dude, Soojin lets go.” He dragged Soojin together with her things and drove off.

 

They left Jaebum still baffled; he couldn’t believe he saw Soojin again. He face palmed at himself of how stupid he acted a while ago. He promised himself to find her again and tell her everything. But he was confused with the guy she was with, is it her boyfriend, she had moved on with me, I’m so stupid, thoughts like that flooded his mind.

He shrugged and told himself to keep calm and sort everything out first, he went back at his car and drove home, and he definitely need a plan, a plan to get her back. He smiled at himself, happy that he saw her again.