Baekhyun's Proposal

♡ Secrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to this while reading! ^^

Baekhyun's Proposal

"Will you look at me properly?" Baekhyun caressed her cheek with a finger, eventually making her legs turn into jelly, and causing her to lose control over them. Jieun wobbled and dropped down to the floor with the back against the wall and knees directly making contact with the ground.

"Is it really that scary to look at me?" He asked in disappointment.

She shook her head and gritted her teeth together, ignoring his eye contact. "I've been weird.."

"Since before." Jieun muttered.

"And whenever I'm looked at by you.."

"I feel hot."

"My chest.. and face starts to heat up." She gulped, hugging her legs.

Baekhyun bent over to her level and slid the glasses on her face. He wrapped his arms around hers and sighed. 

"I'm sorry"

"If I sounded too forceful."

"But, no matter what."

"I still don't want to hand you over to him." He pulled her even closer. "Do you still remember that day?"

"On the day of my fourth birthday.."

 ─────────────────────────

*12 years ago*

"Baek- We'll be going now." His mom ruffled his hair and gave him a quick, but tight hug.

"NOOO! I wanna go with umma!" Tears started to form in his round eyes as he whined.

"We'll be back and have a birthday party for you later, so.."

"Jieun-nie, take care of Baekhyun for now, alright?" His father eye-smiled and waved them a goodbye, getting into the car with his wife.

"Have a safe trip~" The kid's babysitter waved back.

 ─────────────────────────

"I wonder if they'll hurry up and come back~" He played with his little stuffed animals and poked his cousin.

*Ring Ring*

The babysitter speed-walked to the telephone as it rang, while holding some snacks for the kids. "Yes, this is the Byun residence. I'm the babysitter, Daeun."

"WHAT?! THEY GOT INTO AN ACCIDENT?!" 

Little Baekhyun blinked his eyes in confusion after hearing Daeun's sudden outburst.

"And.. And- their condition is?"

"..."

"That can't be.."

"They.."

"..."

"Passed away?"

Baekhyun shook Jieun's arm, still clueless. "Passed away? What does that mean?" 

She shrugged her shoulders and continued to play with her doll.

"Noona, what's wrong?" He asked.

Daeun dropped the phone and crouched down next to the two children. "Y-your mom and dad.. won't be coming home today.." She swallowed the lump in , not knowing if that was how she was to notify the kids about the sudden news.

"They.. Died?" Little Baekhyun froze and eventually blinked once, letting a small teardrop run across his left cheek.

"WHY?!"

"WE WERE GOING TO HAVE MY PARTY TODAY!" He then let an entire river flow down across his face and pounded onto the cold, hard, wooden floor with his tiny fists.

Baekhyun ran out of the house in tears. 

*BEEP BEEP*

And right when he was crossing the road, a car honked it's horn, crashing onto a brick wall, and the driver not knowing if he hit the kid or not.

. . .

"Jieun.." Baekhyun, who was pushed to the safe sidewalk, looked up at the girl who just saved his life from his silly mistake.

A gooey red liquid dropped onto the cement from his cousin's forehead and some even landed on him.

"BLOOD!"

"NOO!"

"YOU'LL DIE!"

"YOU'LL DIE TOO!" Baekhyun shook Jieun's shoulders rapidly, with even more tears falling down.

Jieun gave him a tight hug and smushed his cheeks together, cutely. "I won't die." She smiled. "Because I was asked by auntie to take care of you."

"You.. won't die, right..?" The boy sniffled.

"We'll be together, right..?" He continued.

"We'll ALLLWAYS be together!" She giggled and smiled with her eyes."

 ─────────────────────────

"Always together.."

"Those words have always given me support." The present Baekhyun mumbled, holding her hand.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter