Chapter 8

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


“…I’m sorry,” then he got up and left the dark room without looking back even though he wanted it badly. He knew if he ever turned around, he’d lose the battle of his heart. Little he hoped he won’t regret this and wished the path lay ahead wasn’t hard much.

Listening to the apology which he didn’t sure the person really mean it or not, Sungjong nodded his head and pulled his blanket up to cover his body. He curled by his side, facing the wall, he tried to shut his eyes and not to cry. He couldn’t cry. At least not now, not this soon. He couldn’t show he was broken. He couldn’t show he was devastated. He couldn’t show he was weak. He could’t. He had promised that he would be okay.

Sungjong wasn't sure what woke him up. The only rational thought that crossed his mind as he rolled over onto his back and stared at the ceiling was that he just saw something in his sleep. Something? A memory? A dream?

What was that?

He can’t really tell. Then he touched his face that wet with his tears.

What the hell? I was crying in my sleep?

Sungjong heaved a great sigh and pushed himself into a sitting position. His whole body ached and all he could think was that he needed to find a bathroom. Covering his mouth with one hand, he hurriedly got out from his room and hoping no one using the bathroom for the moment. Ignoring the questions from his hyungs as he dashed across the living room to his destination, he wasn’t sure himself who was asking. God, he didn’t care. Leaving the door wide opened behind him, he vomited his guts out.

“This so much,” Sungjong whispered closing his eyes and stood on shaky legs before washing his hands and mouth out with water and mouthwash.

Sungjong felt someone placing one hand on his shoulder and another hand on his arm. He startled. The hand then moved from shoulder to his back, rubbing it in circles.

“Sungjongie, are you okay?” Concern can be heard clearly in his voice.

Sungjong sighed, not sure to nod or shake his head. He can’t say he was fine because who was he kidding. Yet, he can’t say he wasn’t because this had been normal to him even though he hated it.

“I’ll be fine in a minute, Yeol hyung.” And Sungyeol continued rubbing Sungjong’s back, hoping that act would help to ease Sungjong a little. That was the least he could do for the youngest member. Not long after that, Sunggyu and Woohyun came to check on Sungjong too.

Woohyun reached out his hand and placed it on Sungjong’s forehead. “You’re not catch a cold,” he said once he pulled his hand back. “No, I’m not,” Sungjong shook his head.

“Get Sungjong out from the toilet first, guys,” Sunggyu told from behind Woohyun. Sungyeol supported Sungjong when he noticed the younger boy was losing his balance on their way out. “Careful there,” Sungyeol reminded Sungjong softly.

Okay, what world is he living now? Why the bullies are so kind and nice and all? Sure, Sunggyu, Woohyun and Sungyeol weren’t that bad actually but this was surprisingly nice.

Sungjong thought in his head. He was sick, and no one pick on sick person. Okay.

“Sungjong, sorry but you really look like hell, all pale, big bags. It’s so y,” Dongwoo said when he also got himself in front of the toilet. He was busy chewing his pizza in his hand. Taking in a drag, “Are you auditioning for a crap zombie film?”

“Yeah and you’re my first victim. It’s always the most talkative ones that die first,” Sungjong said with a small smile before he grimaced at the smell of the pizza and covered his nose. “Hyung, get that away from me. I can’t stand the smell.” He felt weird in stomach again.

Dongwoo took the last bit and talked with his mouth full, “You never hate pizza before.”

“The smell makes me nauseous,” Sungjong’s lower lip stuck out in a pout as he rubbed his middle with a single hand. As they talked, they finally reached Sungjong’s room. Sungyeol carefully guided Sungjong to sit on his bed like he was the most fragile thing in the world. Maybe he was dreaming, but he liked this Sungyeol.

“How you feel now?” Sunggyu looked at Sungjong with his arms crossed over his chest.

“Seriously though, I feel so exhausted that I could sleep for decades. My head is throbbing. I’m hungry but I don’t think I can put anything down without throw it out back.”

Just before Woohyun could reply Sungjong, Hoya came in and took his place next to Sungjong. “Sungjong, here a bottle of water and a snack for you.”

“Umm, okay.. thank you?” Sungjong replies, taking the offered snacks. “Doctor said that you should eat every couple of hours and you should drink a lot of liquid; it’s supposed to help with the nausea, remember? The leaflet also said that you should also avoid spicy food. And ginger tea and crackers are supposed to help.”

“Thanks, Hoya hyung,” Sungjong interrupted when Hoya opened his mouth to continue. “I can read the leaflets for myself, you know.” Hoya acted like he didn’t hear Sungjong and continued reminded him, “Don’t forget your meds, too.”

“Hoya hyung, I don’t need you to mother hen me.”

“If I’m trying to be honest here, you look like someone had knocked you up,” once the words had spoken, now everybody turned their heads to Dongwoo. “My aunt was exactly like this too when she pregnant with my cousin,” Dongwoo laughed nervously while rubbing his neck, “But of course you’re not. I’m just saying. We’re boys and boys don’t get pregnant.”

“Who’s pregnant?” Myungsoo said from behind Dongwoo. He seemed like just woke up. Myungsoo was hugging his pillow, “Is everything okay?” he asked innocently while yawning and rubbing his eye.

“Go back to sleep you, eyy,” Sungyeol pushed Myungsoo’s face when he placed his chin on Sungyeol’s shoulder.

Nobody was looking when Sungjong and Hoya were exchanged a few nervous and panic glances. Dongwoo’s remarks totally made Sungjong’s heart stopped for a solid 30seconds. With the whole Infinite was currently in his room, Sungjong really wanted to blurt it out that he indeed pregnant like Dongwoo had said. Sungjong wanted to ask them about that night, but he couldn't even fathom the embarrassment of walking up to the guys and asking if he had with them. Well, thank God it was minus Dongwoo and Hoya. Nonetheless, four left was still a big number.

“Can.. can I talk to Gyu hyung.. alone?” Sungjong sounded almost pleaded. His face was full of hopes that his hyungs would understand him. “I have a few things to say to him.. in private.”

“Alright, alright,” they muttered and made their way out. Just then, Woohyun spun and looked at Sungjong, “Can I make you chicken soup or something? You need to eat.”

Sungjong smiled genuinely at that. “Chicken soup sounds good,” he nodded. “Thanks, Woohyun hyung.”

“I’ll make it deliciously, so you can recover faster,” Woohyun turned his look to Hoya who still sat next to Sungjong. “You don’t want to go out?” Sungjong quickly placed his hand on Hoya’s. “Hoya hyung can stay.” Woohyun wrinkled his nose at them and patted Sunggyu’s shoulder before closed the door.

“Gyu hyung-” Sungjong opened his mouth but Sunggyu told him to hold up for a second. Sunggyu opened the door and saw Dongwoo, Woohyun, Sungyeol and Myungsoo were trying to eavesdrop. They grinned at Sunggyu like nothing happened. “Okay, we’re busted,” said Sungyeol.

“Myungsoo, go back to sleep. Woohyun, I thought you said you want to make chicken soup for Sungjong. Dongwoo and Sungyeol, go play somewhere else. There’s nothing to hear here. Go, kids.” Sunggyu was practically chased his dongsaengs away.

“You’re not fun,” Sungyeol muttered. Sunggyu shook his head, too lazy to argue with the choding. He just needed to take a good care of six members but it felt like sixty people. He was getting older faster than he supposed.

Sungjong scooted over so that Sunggyu had a place to sit on his bed too. Sungjong’s heart was beating fiercely. He didn’t know how to break the news to Sunggyu. Maybe ‘I’m a freak’ would be a good start.

“Gyu hyung, I-” Sungjong swallowed and looked at Hoya’s face, trying to find his strength. Hoya simply nodded and Sungjong let out a breath that he had been held. “Gyu hyung, it’s true like Dongwoo hyung said. I’m pregnant.” The embarrassed flush was turning Sungjong’s face bright red. Sunggyu’s mind raced a thousand miles a minute. Dudes didn't get pregnant – they couldn't. It didn't make sense.

“Oh. God. So, where’s the baby should come out later?” Sunggyu widened his eyes. Hoya and Sungjong scoffed. Sunggyu was more interested to where the baby will come out rather than how the baby could be in Sungjong at the first place.

“Okay, wait a minute.” Finally, Sunggyu’s senses back to him. “How’s this happened? When?” Sunggyu asked curiously. A guy who pregnant wasn’t something one could brain easily.

“I can have.. a baby or babies- I can have kids because of some sort of weird things happened when I was still in my mom’s womb. And…I only can say…it happened when we had our after party. You remember, right? The night where all of us were dead drunk?”

Hoya held up his hand, pointing to himself and shook his head, trying to tell he was stayed sober on that night. He chose not to say anything because he knew this wasn’t easy for Sungjong and it’d be better if Sungjong was explaining it alone.

“That’s why Hoya is close to you because he’s the father?”

“What? No!” Hoya and Sungjong said together and shook their heads vigorously.

“Okay, okay. But what make Hoya isn’t?”

“I know I’m still a ,” Hoya answered Sunggyu with annoyed look. Sunggyu didn’t know what was funny but he laughed his off at Hoya’s reply.

“Are you done?” Sungjong to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter