Chapter 12

The Perfectly Imperfect Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Dongwoo was different. True, he was an honest man and he often walked his talk. When he knew Sungjong was pregnant, he treated the youngest member just as same. This was the very reason why he felt so comfortable being with Dongwoo these days. Unlike Howon and Sunggyu who turned completely mother hen towards Sungjong - worrying, nagging, constant reminding a bit too much. Sungjong was grateful for all of it but sometimes he felt rather suffocated. Best of luck to their future wives and kids.

But.. would Sungyeol hyung reacts the same as Dongwoo hyung or HoGyu duo? More importantly, which one I want him to be like?

Sungjong’s been telling himself not to think or feel anything towards the tallest member just yet. Sometimes, he just caught himself daydreaming about Sungyeol taking care of him. Maybe Sungyeol wasn’t show this side of him much to others but they knew each other since they were trainees, and Sungjong secretly admiring the way Sungyeol taking care his family, especially his baby brother, Daeyeol, and towards his pets. Sungyeol had his own way to loving people who close to him. Sungjong admitted there was unmistakably a huge, thick wall between his Yeol hyung and the people around him but Sungyeol will find his own way to be close to the person and the next time you checked, Lee Sungyeol was already in your life and he stayed.

Yes, Lee Sungyeol might not be as warm as Jang Dongwoo, but at least he’s not fake as Nam Woohyun. That guy has many faces; in front, you see he’s smiling and joking and throwing hearts and all but behind, he would beat you up when you won’t listen to him. A classic stepmother.

It had been two weeks since his bed rest, Sungjong was already back to work, back to practice, so it meant it was just merely two weeks left before the concert. By Nam Woohyun’s brilliant idea, and every one agreed to it, Sungjong was going to fake sprained ankle during the concert. So it meant Sungjong was completely just sitting on provided chair and singing from the side, while the remaining six members taking the whole stage, trying to fill in Sungjong’s spot. They would use a back up dancer as Sungjong’s substitution since they were in short of time to recreate the dance routines for more than twenty songs for the concert.

Sungjong felt bad for his fans but for him to participate on the concert and more importantly the concert to be carried on just like it was supposed to be, Sungjong truly had no choice. Three days before the main event, the company will tell the fans about his sprained ankle through their official social medias, and later he would tweet on his twitter account that he was fine. That was the plan, and it sounded perfect enough for Sungjong. He just wished his fans won’t hate him too much.

 

“Lemme tell you straight. I bought this thing on the other day. The next day I woke up, I told myself it is indeed a bad idea to make you take the test. But today, when I woke up, I told myself it would be completely waste to throw it away. To the hell with your wrath against me but I need you to take the test right here right now and prove me wrong. Or right on that matter, I don’t know myself anymore. So, here. Pretty please, Sungjong.”

Bold and blunt.

“You’re lucky, though. In fact, I am indeed in need to use the toilet. Gimme the damn stick.”

Actually Sungyeol already told Sungjong about this yesterday, once Myungsoo got chased away for being a bad babysitter, Sungyeol came in to take the place. Sungyeol waited until Sungjong woke up from his nap and finished his business. When he was happily munched his bowl of fruit Sungyeol had prepared earlier, that was when Sungyeol told him about Dongwoo. Sungjong was in silent for a moment before he started munching the slice of green apple again and bobbing his head, acknowledging the new information.

Dongwoo waited for a while for the maknae to come out from the toilet. He heard a flush and soon after Sungjong came out with the pregnancy test stick in his hand. “Here, take it.”

The elder guy took the stick and stared at it in confused, “Err, what should I’ll be looking here?”

“You bought the thing and you don’t bother the read the instructions?” Sungjong saying, headed back to his room.

“I thought the instructions was for you and not me.”

Sungjong sighed heavily. “Just wait for another two minutes, hyung. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter